S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Why does honda suck so bad? (F1)

Old 09-03-2002, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and Benneton dominated when Michael Schum. drove for them.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:15 AM

Received 281 Likes on 141 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pll
...You don't just build a world class machine overnight.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krazik
[B]They can't build an F1 motor to last 100 miles.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by rahula
this is my 2c worth.

..... I had my friend sitting next to me and my S2000 outside. He on the other hand drives a Porsche. He didn't make a joke about my car but inside I was dying of shame and I knew if the facts were the other way around I wouldn't be able to resist taking the piss out of his car. When you see the Porsches' racing at le Man you don't see 6 of them blow their engine, suspension or anything else at around the same time. Just felt really badly for myself and the engine makers.

You might want to study recent CART history and review Porsches disaster in trying to compete with Honda there. Alfa Romeo learned a bitter lesson about the same time also.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by jschmidt
..... This bunk about "training engineers is a victory" is the same kind of foggy-headed logic common to drunks and crack-heads. In racing success is winning and that's why all of the teams and manufacturers are there. .....

"When we engage in research of any kind, one thing that must not be forgotten is that research means a succession of failures, more than 99% of our research is total failure" Soichiro Honda *

*Ref: Sol Sanders. Honda: The Man and His Machines . Little, Brown & Company. Boston. 1975

Hey JSchmidtt, Which one was Soichiro Honda? A drunk or a crack head?

I find that Drunks and crackheads are the kind of people who talk out their a$$ and don't have any facts at hand to back up THEIR statements.

BTW where are YOUR facts?
Old 09-03-2002, 12:16 PM

Quoting the words of the great sage Vin Diesel:

"Winning is winning....."

One need not have a doctorate in Asian sociocultrual theory to easily decipher and deconstruct the cultural relativist argument. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports and a money making machine for those who succeed. It is not and never has been a training program for engineers cum corporate executives; if there is a causal connection between the two, it stems from success on the track, not "I was on the Step 2.5 engine team that blew out at Spa".

Do you think Honda is handing out ribbons of shame?
Old 09-03-2002, 12:36 PM

Do you think "Winning" to Honda only applies to the race track? If it did Honda would put their SENIOR engineers on the racing program, not their junior engineers. Honda looks at the big picture and the fact that they are the worlds largest engine manufactuer means they have already "won".

Another little fact to remember is that Honda is competing in a lot more top level racing programs than any of the other F-1 manufacturers.

Supercross/Motocross
World/American Superbike
Grand Prix Motorcycles
CART
IRL (next year)

They either dominate or are highly competative in all of them.

You can think what you want but racing is a training ground for Honda engineers. This is a legacy of Soichiro Honda and has made Honda what it is today. Of course they always want to win but they LEARN by these failures. Hell the first year they tried to qualify for INDY the failed. The next year Scott Goodyear dominated the race until he passed the pace car on a restart with a couple of laps to go. That was the last year CART raced at Indy but Honda has won the CART Drivers Championship every year since I believe.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hiroprotaganist
[B]Quoting the words of the great sage Vin Diesel:

....F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports and a money making machine for those who succeed.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:04 PM
pll

[QUOTE]Originally posted by twohoos
[B]
Now that's an example of an apologist statement.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bieg
[B]

F-1 has never been about making money (except for Bernie Eccelstone).

Quick Reply: Why does honda suck so bad? (F1)