S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

***Video*** C5 versus BUSA

Old 09-03-2004, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve lets split a life ins policy on him as an investment. we pay half and make a contract that stands for 1 year. pm me if you are interested

( this is a joke, but Back cracker actually did this for another socal member for real! no bullshiit)
MAtt
Old 09-03-2004, 07:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pierceman,Sep 3 2004, 08:34 PM
Steve lets split a life ins policy on him as an investment. we pay half and make a contract that stands for 1 year. pm me if you are interested

( this is a joke, but Back cracker actually did this for another socal member for real! no bullshiit)
MAtt
lol .. I mean either way a bike is a bike. If you drive a fast bike the way you would a slow one then why would buying a faster on e right off be more dangerous. I'm not planning on poping wheelies the first day I buy it, which is getting closer and closer, but I will get to be one with it before even giving it full throttle. I believe the main reason people tell me to start with something else is because I have never riden a bike before. I don't fear death, and I'm pretty dam sure I won't be doing anything crazy with it for a while to really hurt myself.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:31 PM

Hmmm...all newbies say the same thing, until they get a taste of the power at the flick of your wrist. I hope you do ease into it.....VERY slowly.

One more thing, keep in mind that the busa does not handle well. Add that to the fact that it is an extremely fast bike, you have never ridden before and you get my point....

Be careful!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Sep 3 2004, 10:57 PM
lol .. I mean either way a bike is a bike. If you drive a fast bike the way you would a slow one then why would buying a faster on e right off be more dangerous. I'm not planning on poping wheelies the first day I buy it, which is getting closer and closer, but I will get to be one with it before even giving it full throttle. I believe the main reason people tell me to start with something else is because I have never riden a bike before. I don't fear death, and I'm pretty dam sure I won't be doing anything crazy with it for a while to really hurt myself.
So, you want to get a Busa and it's going to be your first bike.

It's really not about if you're going to be real careful and not go crazy, it's also about those moronic cagers that are going to be sharing the streets with you. Even if you can control yourself, you can't control others from doing idiotic things. And by starting out on a big heavy ass bike, you'll be reducing your chance to avoid them if they get into your way. Maybe you'll get lucky and only drop it in the driveway a couple of times in the first season, but most of the riders are not that lucky.

Also, you're not scared to die, huh? But do you want to die?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:42 PM

I agree with the others, the Busa didn't really look like he was trying that hard. He should've shot out alot harder at the start. Also what's up with the highspeed roll on race with only a T-shirt?
Old 09-04-2004, 02:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Busa should have won.

I dont see you beating liter bikes with under 650rwhp at those speeds.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nHobbes,Sep 3 2004, 08:31 PM
Hmmm...all newbies say the same thing, until they get a taste of the power at the flick of your wrist. I hope you do ease into it.....VERY slowly.

One more thing, keep in mind that the busa does not handle well. Add that to the fact that it is an extremely fast bike, you have never ridden before and you get my point....

Be careful!
Don't forget it is nearly 500 lbs, compared to barely over 300 for the 600cc bikes. R1 and similar ones are around 350 lbs or so. This is not a track bike. It is built for one thing and one thing only: speed! It also takes modifications well too.

How fast is a 550rwhp Vette? What is its trap speed?
Old 09-04-2004, 07:34 AM

Busa didn't even bother to downshift and his arm was resting on the tank (when you rest your arm on the tank you can't downshift) even after you ran a few seconds on him. He then rolled on the throttle in either 5th or 6th but it was too late.

Oh well, you're lucky he didn't downshift!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:45 PM

I posted the video because I thought some of you guys might enjoy watching it. It is what it is, don't over analyze it too much. Anything can happen in a race. At the end of 4th gear in the C5, I would say it was around a buck 50 or so.

How fast is a 550rwhp C5? It can run 9's all day with the right tire combo. In quarter mile runs, peak HP numbers don't mean anything. It's the power curve across the entire rpm that matters. Additionally, the low-end torque is also very important. It helps get low 60 foot time, which translate to lower ET. (Just as an example, have you seen some (or many) of the 750rwhp Supra running 11's in quarter mile?)
Old 09-04-2004, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by suvh8r,Sep 4 2004, 03:34 PM
Busa didn't even bother to downshift and his arm was resting on the tank (when you rest your arm on the tank you can't downshift) even after you ran a few seconds on him. He then rolled on the throttle in either 5th or 6th but it was too late.

Oh well, you're lucky he didn't downshift!
Like I say, anything can happen in a race. The result could have been easily one way or the other. Sure, there are quite few "could have" and "should have", such as I should have my 250-shot instead. hehehehe......

Have a great weekend, guys.

Quick Reply: ***Video*** C5 versus BUSA