S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

05 S2000 vs. 07 335i

Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blessed,Nov 5 2007, 03:10 PM
Your right, my s2000, Evo 9 MR, and G35 coupe don't add up to me being able to afford a BMW.

I didn't write it, I copy and pasted it from Bimmerforums actually.
I'm sure he knows it wasn't you.

And his point was that the quote was anything but objective. The person obviously hates bmw drivers. Sane drivers like myself just got lumped into a group of pricks on the road. It's not really fair.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Well, I ran across the 335i on the same road again. It was not the convertible. I got door to door and reved a few times, he saw me but he just wouldn't bite. We hit a red and I moved over to give him a lane but he slowed and got behind me. I made my turn off a few streets up and gave him a thumbs up, just trying to make the poor guy feel better about himself. I guess he didn't want to face the mighty AP2 again! We can go ahead and call this a win. No need to make excuses for him, he had his chance at redemption.

Since I have posted this I have been trying to run with every BMW I see on the road due to the scepticism that the race with the 335i gave me regarding BMW performance. I have pulled away from a few Z4s with the 3.0 engine and a newer style 330i sedan now. The older body style 330ci and 330i can't even hang, weak, just weak. Now I will say this, there was a late model M3 that I couldn't catch but he wasn't pulling away from me either (from 20-90 I was half a car from his bumper). I was very impressed with how well I did, I probably could have done even better from a stop. Anyway, while battling, both of us got stomped by a black C32 AMG. It looks stock but I think he had his supercharger pullied and then some because he pulled away from both of us (not walk but pull away). The M3 tuned off (shamed) but I stayed after the AMG, I wanted another chance. He slowed to 30 MPH on Parmer lane and pointed ahead to gave me a head start. I took it and dropped to first then hit 2nd hard, he gave me about 2 cars then I hear what sounded like a scream as he runs by me. He gave me the thumbs up from a long way ahead so I do the same. I have played around with stock Vetts and they pulled me hard but they didn't pull me like that car did. That car looked pure stock, no visible mods, even the tail pipe looked stock. The only thing that wasn't stock was the sound. WHO WAS THIS GUY AND WHY DID HE DO THIS TO ME! I AM JUST A MAN, WHAT KIND OF LIFE, OMFGJC!!!

Since then, every time I see anything with AMG on it I get scared and wet my pants a little.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:47 PM

Check this out.....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.p...ghlight=400+whp
Old 11-08-2007, 04:38 PM

I live with one, but he's rather cool for a BMW driver. Also owns a nissan 300zx TT that he is building, should be pretty fast, around 600whp I'd say.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by CypherAZ,Nov 1 2007, 07:37 PM
My s/c s2k couldn't even break the rear loose outside VTEC. Did you forget to mention it was raining outside? Otherwise ncie try
Nope, no problem breaking the wheels loose for me. It wasn't wet but that road we ran on is very easy to get sideways on. There are some roads that grip better that I can't break them loose unless I dump from VTEC. Most I will break loose pretty good though. Now don't get me wrong, I can't just sit there and smoke them up like my old 5.0 could. It will spin a bit and on some roads kick the back out a little.

I see you are SCed, are you geared too? Does the SC not help you any in the low-end? My AP2 has a pretty low 1st, I'm not sure if others are geared much different but for the most part, no problems breaking the wheels loose for me. I plan on going SC but if it doesn't help at all in the low end that sucks. I may need to gear mine down if that is the case.