S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

350Z vs. Highly Modded WRX

Old 12-09-2002, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350Z vs. Highly Modded WRX

Met with a WRX in B. Hills on Sat. night, late going home down Wilshire. In front was a 996 Carrera 2 and pre 993 Carrera 2. Try to gode the porsches into some action, no luck. The WRX was dying to go. Loud turbo, big single exhaust, all black, personal plates (powr8 or something like that). Anyway I get to the side, both of us crusing slow, like 10 MPH, I say "Beautiful car, looks mean. How many pounds you pushing with the turbo". Him "Like 10 Pounds". Me "Nice what did you do to it?" Then he admits he knows nothing about the car and that it was tuned by some shop, he just dropped it off and said "Make it Fast". He then Claims it has 380 HP. At first I was when I heard that but thought, man that car must be completly rebuilt to handle that much power. So he says lets race. I say fine, I'll lose. We race from a roll of about 15MPH. I punch it and take off screaming. He is beside me the whole time. BAM short throw to 2nd (btw my shifter is AWESOME, no problems with the tranny, smooth as hell, easy in high RPMS, really fun). Second I scream up to 60MPH and shift to third. Now through 2nd he still isn't passing me and I'm starting to think, what's going on, I still have the lead that I took on the jump, about 1/2 car. I throw it in third and about 2 secs. into third he completly drops back, so I kill it. He rolls up and begs for another round, won't tell me what happened, I'm thinking A: 380 HP OK. B: He def. has some work done so I won't be suprised if he missed a gear (even though we were even all through 1st/2nd. So we start again. 1st gear rolling start, bam shift to second (car bogs, slows down PHUCK forgot to turn off traction control, tires break lose in second gear shift and cause the car to slow) go through 2nd and he seems to be 1/2 car ahead, shift into third, BAM complet loss of power. I am standing on the gas and it is inching up through third gear. I'm thinking Good God, I just broke my car...my heart drops then I realise DOH! I put it in 5th gear. He of course was miles ahead. So I try and roll up and give it the Best Out Of Three try (now I know I can beat a stock WRX, unless the driver is amazing, as my brother has one and I beat him everytime, ESP. when the MPH got to 80+.) He refuses to acknowldge me and makes a right. Oh well. All in all I guess it's a win each, and god help the tuner that told him he has a 380HP WRX, esp as it lost to a "fat 350Z".
Old 12-09-2002, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heh, sounds like he was BPU'd - exhaust, uppipe, downpipe, boost controller, etc. Plenty quick, but probably wouldn't trap more than 100 mph or so and probably not making more than 300 hp. On the roll the results would be pretty much like you experienced. From a dead stop, if he could drive, the car would probably run mid 13's or better, but on the roll....

So, when you going to come by and dyno the car??? :-)

UL
Old 12-09-2002, 11:17 AM

Dood, I promise I will be by soon, work has been hectic, family in town etc. We are doing a new show for FOX, called Joe Millionaire, and we have to deliver it to the network, long hours. You going to give me a ride in the Stook?
Old 12-09-2002, 11:24 AM

Nice kill. What color is your Z?
Old 12-09-2002, 11:50 AM

Chrome Silver. I talked to someone here who said that by going from a roll I took all the advantage away from the WRX, which is fine with me He didn't demand it from a stop.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup, from a roll took away his AWD advantage.

and that joe millioinaire looks great. I can't wait to see what the money grubbing gold diggers do when they find out he makes only $20k a year and isn't really worth 50 million.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wisconsin S2k
[B]yup, from a roll took away his AWD advantage.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:59 PM

nice race!

I just had a fun little run with my friend's GTi VR6. I pulled nicely.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:30 PM

Yeah this show is pretty funny, I can't talk too much about it, but bottom line is these girls are completly fooled, and yes they are golddiggers, and it is awesome to see the average joe be made into a faux millionaire. Good times.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:29 PM

Of course I'll give you a ride man, might even let you drive if you're willing to let me try the Z.

UL

Quick Reply: 350Z vs. Highly Modded WRX