S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Did you do streetracing

Old 01-08-2009, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you do streetracing

Hi everybody s2k members yesterday i was with some (racers ) and suddenly arrived a vw jetta turbo loaded and all this guys were making the imposible to convince to race him but i didnt , when i am in the streets at night everycorner is a baller that wants to run in straightline , public road crowded of people , cops and cars y just slow and let them pass ... well i dont like to much to race with other cars i prefer to take some corners and enjoy mi ride by myself and i dont try to race other cars with the s2000 since isnt the fastest car and is not maded for drag racing i people thinks that the honda s2000 is a rocket but isnt and the people that want to race me are turbos or v6 or v8s ....and that sucks i dont know if this kinds of stufff maybe happens to anybody here... sorry for my english i am from central america
Old 01-08-2009, 03:38 AM

happens to me to. When I go to local meets people always try and race me. I used to alot, but I havent really that much recently unless its a random race.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:01 AM

I used to street race in my late teens and earlier 20's. I lived back in LA and hit the canyons all the time. Got pretty into it... bet money once in awhile... stuff like that.

Then I realized that it was only a matter of time before:

- I wrecked my car
- I killed myself
- I killed someone else
- all of the above

The more I thought about it, the stupider what I was doing seemed. Then in the span of a month, a couple guys went over the side on a couple different canyons... I'd drive down Topanga at night and come across an RSX or Evo on its roof because some yahoo didn't know what he was doing and he had to wait until the next morning to get a tow... stuff like that. Haven't done it since, save for maybe the odd too-much-gas-off-the-line incident.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 AM

canyon run and winding roads .... thats hot but people here are so boring they only want to go straightlineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... ZzZzZ
Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by s2kwhitepanama' date='Jan 8 2009, 07:39 AM
canyon run and winding roads .... thats hot but people here are so boring they only want to go straightlineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... ZzZzZ
Same here in SC. Everyone wants to get on the interstate and go from a 40-60 roll... It's fun for a while but it gets boring. Although I haven't been out to the "hangout" place since way before I turbo'd my civic, and It would prolly be fun a couple more times now that my car is a lot faster... lol

I wanna take it to the track once or twice and see what my 1/4 mile is now, it was 14.7 before the turbo... but I REALLY wanna start Autocrossin' it!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Street racing is stupid.

I used to do it back in high school/ early college. Theirs too much at risk to line up on a random road. I would avoid it at all cost. Peer pressure will eventually go away if you keep saying no.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 AM

when i was younger, i would race them, mosty because i was stupid and did not think of the consequences. now that i am older, and involved in SCCA racing, i do not even bother. and if someone still wants to go, i invite them to a local event, and embarass them there.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 AM

s2k is not really good at street racing.

Unless you have a little surprise under your hood.

Leave street racing to the kids.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by bannedfrmamerica' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:54 AM
I wanna take it to the track once or twice and see what my 1/4 mile is now, it was 14.7 before the turbo... but I REALLY wanna start Autocrossin' it!
holy poop man lol , mine was a 14.4 bone stock, 13.7 with gears and exhaust! Launching is key! The same say I ran a 14.7 as the 13.7 but with the 14.7 my 60 ft was a 2.4. Under 2.1 is ideal.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have about five or six times on the highway with some nice cars you dont see much but nothing crazy just third and forth. since i've had the car ive noticed that those goofballs in the eg6's and 5.0 mustangs dont pull up to you or even try to race, they just stare as they drive by!

has anybody els noticed this?

Quick Reply: Did you do streetracing