S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Embarrasing Defeats

Old 08-14-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Embarrasing Defeats

I read about the Granny SS pwnage and had a funny idea. Post up your most embarrasing defeats here. Don't be shy, we all have some pretty bad ones. We'll see who got toasted the worst. And be descriptive!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 AM

I'll be the first one...

Lost to a stock Volvo S4 with factory turbo, it was one of the first few weeks of owning the S and known nothing about S2ki at the time. Shifted to 4th at 60 instead of 3rd , haha... It only pulled a car on me but it's still considered a win.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:54 AM

I was on my way home from work one night when this guy pulls up to the light I'm sitting at in one of those old Eagle woodgrain AWD Wagons. He starts talking sh*t about 4 cylinders, so I was getting a chubby waiting to blow his ass off the line. Green light and the dude launches like he has dynamite up his ass. Total carnage and utter destruction. I finally catch him at the next light and he's laughing his ass off. I gave him his congrats and he motioned for me to follow him into the parking lot of Dennys. He says, "Don't feel bad, I was on my way to the dragstrip" and pops his hood. Twin Turboed V8 under the hood with 2 BAMF Intercoolers all Jerryrigged under the hood. At least he was nice about it!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my ass handed to me by a mid 80's toyota pickup with a SR20DETT in it. upgraded turbo, black FMIC, and full 4in exhaust that was tucked so you couldnt see it. it pulled me so hard i honestly thought that my engine blew. i had to look down at the tach and so see if she was still spining!! it was possible the sleeper-ist sleeper ever.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM

I was driving to work and pulled up to a stop light next to Jason, my co-worker, in his heavily modded 06 Mustang GT. one item under his hood is a 485HP Saleen supercharger. ya I knew I'd loose but I've never really seen him race it. So we both took off mid speed not knowing if we were really going to race. Then we both got after it. we were even till he shifted into 2nd, punched it and instantly gained 3 cars and left me in the dust....god he's fast!!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:37 PM

Good stories, keep em' comin!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was surprised by a couple of sleepers.

One was ratty-as-can-be older Civic with a B18 & turbo. We got to chat about it and he was spending every penny on making it go, zero on show. I didn't hear a BOV until his 1-2 shift (and my expression had to be "WTF?").

Another was a 2nd Generation RX7 (not the FD), also ratty and faded paint. Body wasn't marked as a turbo but he just vanished ahead of me in a highway roll at an impressive rate, real bus-lengths. Never got to talk to him.

But embarassing? That'd be blowing the clutch drop and getting nowhere fast. Honestly don't recall the opposing cars, just my red-faced shame on a couple of occasions.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Stock Jetta. I think it was 1.8t? So embarassing, I was too scared to launch back then...then to make things worse, as I reeled him in at the top of first, I mis-shift into second. I woulda spanked him easily...but the no torque s2k + bad driving (at the time) didn't go to well.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:32 PM

1980's cutlass, what made it worse was this was at the drag strip. He ran a 15.4 to my 15.9, stupid bald tires I think my 60' was 2.9 something horrible.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 PM

I had a guy in a turbo-awd Volvo announce his intentions to street-race quite clearly, but I didn't bite, then at the last second I said oh what the hell, and he launched me hard. I caught him at about 70 mph, but by then I already felt had.

Quick Reply: Embarrasing Defeats