S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Evo vs 350Z

Old 10-07-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alex s,Oct 7 2005, 04:06 PM
ok dick. i said it sounds ABOUT right, i didn't say it was 100% dead-on accurate.

and last time i checked, a car that runs 13.9-14.3 (Z) would USUALLY get walked by a car that typically runs 13.1-13.6 (Evo). car lengths can get hard to judge once you get past about 4, so who knows how accurate the number was.

want to beat your chest some more?
The (stock) EVO does not beat the (stock) 350z from a roll.

Continue w/the chest beating
Old 10-07-2005, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Oct 7 2005, 04:30 PM
The (stock) EVO does not beat the (stock) 350z from a roll.

Continue w/the chest beating
like any roll race it depends on driver, starting speed, and gearing..

and i've been shotgun in my friend's Evo (stock and i mean stock down to the paper filter) and watched him demolish a 350Z from a roll on the highway, so i guess that throws that absolute you believe in right out the window huh?

anytime someone posts about a 350Z, you're always there to chime in. didn't you buy one? actually i'm surprised you didn't tell all of us to "go check my350z.com"

beat your chest all you want, it just shows your true colors.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol about the first few comments

Bigfishs..Yeah talk about a noticeable difference, you'll definitely spend more time at the gas station

As for mods, yes its modded...Although stock I know it would still be close. Anyways my car is close to 350hp, and believe me its no slouch up top either.

If anyone is interested my mods are WORKS 269 Cams, WORKS Ti Valvesprings/Retainers (8K Redline), WORKS P2R ECU flash (w/launch control) WORKS 10# Flywheel, WORKS Carbon/Kevlar Clutch, Invidia Downpipe, Invidia Catback, Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, TRE Built Tranny and thats it for now

I knew I would beat him, there wasnt even a doubt in my mind, but I just wanted to see how bad. If I stayed on it, seriously he would have been a spec in my mirror. Im not trying to brag or show off, I was just curious since I have'nt raced any quick cars since my mods. I mean I have messed around with a few but couldnt really do anything because of traffic. So it was interesting to see. Put it this way, I raced my buddies Mustang that runs 13.2 on motor and I walked him like he was in reverse, so the car is pretty quick, but I always enjoy a good race especially when they dont get their feelings hurt
Old 10-07-2005, 11:53 PM

[QUOTE=alex s,Oct 7 2005, 04:06 PM] ok dick.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by alex s,Oct 7 2005, 07:01 PM
like any roll race it depends on driver, starting speed, and gearing..

and i've been shotgun in my friend's Evo (stock and i mean stock down to the paper filter) and watched him demolish a 350Z from a roll on the highway, so i guess that throws that absolute you believe in right out the window huh?

anytime someone posts about a 350Z, you're always there to chime in. didn't you buy one? actually i'm surprised you didn't tell all of us to "go check my350z.com"

beat your chest all you want, it just shows your true colors.
I have a 350z fool. Any decent 350z driver will pull on a stock evo at highway speeds. Yes 2-3 cars...
Old 10-08-2005, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Oct 8 2005, 01:02 AM
I have a 350z fool. Any decent 350z driver will pull on a stock evo at highway speeds. Yes 2-3 cars...
it's just funny because when you had your s2k, it was the best car ever. and now that you have a 350z, it's the cream of the crop. i bet if you bought an Evo, it'd be routinely pulling on 350Zs and whatever else you were racing right? extreme bias one way or the other is a wonderful thing eh?

to the other guy who assumes i know nothing about cars, nor doesnt seem to have a sense of humor what so ever regarding the "seems about right" comment. you're touting 100ish as if there's no real difference between the cars, when there is. the last 350z i saw trapped 100 flat, can't remeber the ET. and the last Evo, (also stock) i saw trapped 104. GRANTED, this was at a track where you actually have to race and there aren't 3 beeps controlling everything. crazy i know!

so you're trying to tell me there's no real difference because they all trap 100ish?? SHIT, i guess i should worry about stock S2Ks pulling my SS then huh? because it traps 108, and the S2K traps 100, that's all still 100ish right?

but keep talking like you guys are the end all/be all of performance and car knowledge, it's greatly entertaining.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:50 AM

The phrase "from a roll" is an extremely broad term. If we are talking about a low speed roll (from 10-20mph), I would take the EVO hands down over a 350Z 6 speed. A high speed roll, things would even out a bit. If both were to hit it at say 80MPH, I would give the slight nod to the 350Z (stock for stock of course). The EVO is very underrated as far as "roll racing" goes. Many people underestimate them from a roll, and get their doors blown off.

Anways, nice race Quik S2K. I just drool over your cars! You must love yellow the same way I do.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Quik S2K,Oct 7 2005, 10:51 PM
Bigfishs..Yeah talk about a noticeable difference, you'll definitely spend more time at the gas station
I dont like the sound of that. I'm only getting 17 mpg in city driving as it is. Wow is me

I hear the cams and TBE really help open up the top-end power.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by alex s,Oct 8 2005, 02:19 AM
it's just funny because when you had your s2k, it was the best car ever. and now that you have a 350z, it's the cream of the crop. i bet if you bought an Evo, it'd be routinely pulling on 350Zs and whatever else you were racing right? extreme bias one way or the other is a wonderful thing eh?

to the other guy who assumes i know nothing about cars, nor doesnt seem to have a sense of humor what so ever regarding the "seems about right" comment. you're touting 100ish as if there's no real difference between the cars, when there is. the last 350z i saw trapped 100 flat, can't remeber the ET. and the last Evo, (also stock) i saw trapped 104. GRANTED, this was at a track where you actually have to race and there aren't 3 beeps controlling everything. crazy i know!

so you're trying to tell me there's no real difference because they all trap 100ish?? SHIT, i guess i should worry about stock S2Ks pulling my SS then huh? because it traps 108, and the S2K traps 100, that's all still 100ish right?

but keep talking like you guys are the end all/be all of performance and car knowledge, it's greatly entertaining.
I STILL HAVE MY S2K YOU DUMBASS. wtf?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:16 PM

<-- Wifey here

Sheesh, the hating. A 350Z and a S2K (stock for stock) are pretty much a drivers race from a dig. I know when I had my S2K, I beat my share of them and they were impressed with my car. Add a few simple mods to the S2K and it's pretty much the same, but add the same mods to the Z and the Z should take the S.

With that said, I have also raced his EVO (stock vs. stock) in the S and lost. From a dig by at least 4 cars and a roll by 1-2 and the EVO was pulling top end. It may be AWD, but they do have what it takes to keep going top end. So therefore you would think the 350Z vs EVO would be simular to the S2K vs. EVO.

Lastly, the EVO has only lost to one car....mine. I'm sure that story is posted somewhere on here too. EVO vs. Stang vs. Z06, so I wont repost the story.

Bigfishs, the sad thing is I get better gas mileage in my Z06 then hubby does in the EVO. I get about 20 mpg and he averages about 12. Count your blessings with the new gas prices!!

Quick Reply: Evo vs 350Z