S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Freeway Run: 02 Turbo Porsche - 600rwhp Supra - 500rwhp Saleen Cobra - Modified S4

Old 11-27-2002, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night we meet up at our weekly GTG @ El Toritos. We had quite a line up last night, 97 GTS Viper, 02 M3 Cab, S4, 02 Porsche Turbo, my car (Someone has to be the slow one in the group ) , and a phat single turbo 94 Supra Hardtop; just to name a few.

For half the night we stood around and BS'ed trying to set up some action. Then towards the end of the night we finally agreed to have a 4 way freeway run!

On the roster was the Audi S4 vs 600rwhp Supra vs 500+ Blown Saleen Cobra and to toss up the salad, the modified 02 Porsche Turbo

After getting gas we all had a "spirited" sprint to the freeway.

After getting on the freeway, I took the lead and waited for everyone to pass.

1st run:

S4 vs Supra

S4 was about 4 cars ahead of the Supra before they punched it. It didn't take long for the Supra to catch up and pass the S4.

Supra - 1, S4 - 0

2nd Run:

Porsche vs Supra

They both slowed down to like 40-50 mph on the freeway, I pretty much had to apply my brakes hard to avoid a rear end collision

Anyways, once they both guned it, it was very obvious that the Porsche pulled the Supra hard. I cannot judge by how many car lenghts from my position but the Supra had a guy video tape the entire run last night.

Supra - 1, Porsche - 1

3rd Run:

Supra vs Blown Saleen Cobra vs Porsche

This time they all lined up 3 way. Again slowing down to 40 mph on the highway they all lined up.

Once they all punched it, again the Porsche pulled multiple car lenghts on everyone. The Supra ended up pulling the Saleen pretty good.

So the tally for the night was

S4 - 0
Saleen Cobra - 0
Supra - 1
Porsche - 2

Porsche was the obvious victor for the night.

Aftermath

Continuing to do some more spirited freeway runs we noticed that the Supra kicked some serious smoke out of his exhaust. About 2 miles later everyone pulled over. Turned out the Supra had a blown turbo bearing which caused the oil to spew out of the turbo intake. Supra ended up getting towed home

I will post the video as soon as I get the file from my friend.

Craig(e) what were your views on the run? How did things look from your perspective? How bad did you pull Brad?
Old 11-27-2002, 01:01 PM

Sounds u had alot of fun guys. What do u have done to the S4? Is it stock? and did u run it before in the 1/4mile?
Old 11-27-2002, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by LSs1Power
Sounds u had alot of fun guys. What do u have done to the S4? Is it stock? and did u run it before in the 1/4mile?
Yea, the S4 turned a 13.0 in 107+ degree weather just this summer. Now the S4 has more mods and a bigger fuel system and a free flow exhaust system. We estimate the S4 should turn mid 12's.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:45 PM

Heres the addition to the Highway Run entitled:

3 way Fast and the Furious City streets run

As mentioned above, we all had a "spirited sprint" to the highway.

Here is a little detail about how it went down (This post was a request by someone who just learned to launch )

As we pulled out of the gas station we sprinted towards the highway. As we all lined up at the redlight, I was behind the Supra. To my far right was the S4, then Porsche, then Supra. As everyone anticipated green everyone started reving up their engines (Sorry, no flames like the Movie) Then on green, everyone jumped... I would expect the S4 to jump out in front but this wasnt the case anymore. This time the Porsche jumped out in front and put bus lenghts on everyone in a matter of seconds. Craig (Dom) said he hit about a buck tweeny down the streets (Sorry, not 140 like the movie) Supra (Brian Spielman) was in hot pursuit but didn't have the NAWZZ. S4 was well.... a little behind

I hope you all enjoyed our real life remake of the movie, or more of a re-inactment

Back to you, Craige (Dom)
Old 11-27-2002, 02:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S4_dukar
[B]

Yea, the S4 turned a 13.0 in 107+ degree weather just this summer.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by LSs1Power

very nice... What mods do u have? whats the traps?
Chip + Exhaust + Race gas, I believe he trapped at 105
Old 11-27-2002, 05:58 PM

I thought street racing was illegal? Of course, I adamantly deny having participated in the dangerous and ill-advised events described by S4_Dukar, and I strongly oppose such endeavors. Moreover, I commend S4_Dukar
Old 11-27-2002, 06:52 PM

the m3 and the viper..didnt do much eh?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 996TT
[B]I thought street racing was illegal?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:29 PM

What El Toritos do y'all meet at the one in B. Hills? Sounds like a blast, would love to check out a 911 TT.

Quick Reply: Freeway Run: 02 Turbo Porsche - 600rwhp Supra - 500rwhp Saleen Cobra - Modified S4