S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

i wanna beat this trans am

Old 08-31-2005, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i wanna beat this trans am

ok, i live in the south, if anyone out there lives here u know how it is. all they care about is horsepower and engine displacement. so theres this guy at my school (im in high school by the way) with a trans am, i think its the latest gen, idk what year though, but its stock except for exhaust (flowmaster). i really wanna show these damn rednecks what an import can do, but i dont think i can beat the trans am with a stock s2k, i need to know whether i should spend my money trying to increase my horsepower or trying to lighten the car up. i am only 17 so i dont have buttloads of money yet, im kinda leaning towards the lighten it up part, because with aftermarket performance parts on the s2k i didnt really notice big hp gains on the websites.

if anyone knows some cheap horsepower (not nos) or some cheap ways to lighten up my car, then please tell me, cause im really tired of hearing the word ricer in the hallways
Old 08-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Banned

you are finding out why displacement and horsepower are king. You can always reduce weight and boost hp to a certain degree, but in the end, a larger displacement engine is going to make more power than a smaller displacement engine, and more power will push more weight as fast or faster. Anything you can do to your S2000, your friend can do to his TA, times 2. His car is faster in a straight line and faster around a track than yours, plus he can carry more passengers. Appreciate what you have - there is always someone with a faster car. Your S2000 is yours - that would be enough for most people. If you like it better than a car you don't even own, why wouldn't that be enough?

Edit:
You are not a ricer as long as you acknowledge that performance cars are all worthy, and are aware of the limitations of your own ride. The badge on a car is not indicative of the inherent worth of it. The biggest thing I call ricer on is people making up all kinds of BS about why their ride is superior to someone else's, throwing out all logic and reason in a vain attempt to boost their own ego by denigrating others. You are not going to win (among rational people) if you try to suggest your S2000 is superior to a Chevy LS1-powered sports car.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by no_really,Aug 31 2005, 01:28 PM
His car is faster in a straight line and faster around a track than yours
Huh? Faster round a track? Maybe one with no corners
Old 08-31-2005, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by bigfishs,Aug 31 2005, 02:27 PM
Huh? Faster round a track? Maybe one with no corners
no really
Old 08-31-2005, 03:17 PM

ok ok, he might have more potential in the long run, but i want to show them that imports can be good cars too, but they'll just keep on their rant about domestics until i can prove them wrong, but all that aside, what would u think would be the best use of my money, a cf hood or an exhaust system, i only have like $500 to spare
Old 08-31-2005, 03:25 PM

Get your flamesuit on, I have a feeling your gonna be needing it.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Eggo,Aug 31 2005, 03:25 PM
Get your flamesuit on, I have a feeling your gonna be needing it.
I'm actually kinda wishing this got moved to S2000 talk... more exposure

BTW, trolls are born with a thick layer of flame retardant skin similar to nomex, don't ya know?
Old 08-31-2005, 03:29 PM

you picked the wrong car to prove your point on. and as i read this topic seems to be getting farther away from a street encounter post. $500 ... ? I would save your money. If your hellbent on spending all the cash on your car now, I would do gears ... will $500 cover that? I have no clue

see about getting your user name changed
Old 08-31-2005, 03:39 PM

I would save another 900 and get the 4.57. I still think you going to lose LS1.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Aug 31 2005, 03:28 PM
BTW, trolls are born with a thick layer of flame retardant skin similar to nomex, don't ya know?
LMAO!

Quick Reply: i wanna beat this trans am