S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My Buddy Is A Big Bully Now.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default My Buddy Is A Big Bully Now.

A couple of months back I ran a friend with a Z06 and pulled him 2-3 carlengths to 130mph. He was incredulous, totally in denial. He then announced he was adding a blower and he would be back to race again.
Well, he got a Vortec installed and dynoed. It puts out 538 to the rear wheels.

I refused a rematch yesterday. Now he is pissed at me and acting like an ol lady since I won't give him the satisfaction of beating me. :LOL Since I was victorious the first time around I am thinking I can just say I beat him.

Should I have him give me a few car lengths with another run or just shine him on? It is a very fast Z06 now.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of engaging in a pissing contest with your friend tell him that you've retired from racing as grand champion ( of your particular group of friends) and that you have nothing left to prove. If you deny him the opportunity for another race it will drive him crazy.

Also, if you find yourself driving next to him in your car and he is in the Z06 remember this: When he tries to get you to race him don't bite. Then when he least expects it mash the gas, blow by him and then slwo down. When he comes next to you looking to run tell him that you just did and lost. THat should really push his buttons.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sideways,Jul 18 2004, 07:39 AM
A couple of months back I ran a friend with a Z06 and pulled him 2-3 carlengths to 130mph. He was incredulous, totally in denial. He then announced he was adding a blower and he would be back to race again.
Well, he got a Vortec installed and dynoed. It puts out 538 to the rear wheels.

I refused a rematch yesterday. Now he is pissed at me and acting like an ol lady since I won't give him the satisfaction of beating me. :LOL Since I was victorious the first time around I am thinking I can just say I beat him.

Should I have him give me a few car lengths with another run or just shine him on? It is a very fast Z06 now.

If you lived closer, I'd get him to run my T78 Supra... from a roll!!!

Old 07-18-2004, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jason00S2000,Jul 18 2004, 11:17 AM

If you lived closer, I'd get him to run my T78 Supra... from a roll!!!

SWEET DUDE!

Anywho...

Sideways, I actually think you SHOULD run... and you should run him soon!. Do not allow him time to accomadate to the additional power. Chances are... pushing that much will result in excessive breaking of the wheels, until he has mastered feathering the peddle properly through the powerband. He might have the tendancy to still mash it and go (which even on a stock ZO6, can cause you to break at higher speeds!)

So in his attempt to recapture control of the car (if you're going from a highway run)... you should seize advantage and pull while you can. Making it a "Before my car was faster... and now- I'M just faster..."- rub it in your face kill!

If that doesn't get him by the short and curlies... nothin' will...
Old 07-18-2004, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by 97Snake,Jul 18 2004, 11:06 AM
Instead of engaging in a pissing contest with your friend tell him that you've retired from racing as grand champion ( of your particular group of friends) and that you have nothing left to prove. If you deny him the opportunity for another race it will drive him crazy.

Also, if you find yourself driving next to him in your car and he is in the Z06 remember this: When he tries to get you to race him don't bite. Then when he least expects it mash the gas, blow by him and then slwo down. When he comes next to you looking to run tell him that you just did and lost. THat should really push his buttons.
^

Alan
Old 07-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Banned

No dude, don't run him again. Keep telling him "Dude, I beat you so I have nothing else to prove!" Of course you're going to lose, like to a single turbo Supra. A tiny 2.0L with forced induction is no match for a huge engine also with forced induction. Tell him "I kicked your ass, I'm retired. Racing is dangerous!"
Old 07-18-2004, 12:08 PM

But if you do happen to run him again, make sure you get some video footage. This, of course, is after you tie a plastic bag around his air filter and deflate his rear tires.

Johnny
Old 07-18-2004, 12:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97Snake,Jul 18 2004, 08:06 AM

Old 07-18-2004, 12:53 PM

i say just take it like a man, and if he cant drive....thats his own fault. I wouldnt back down though. Personally i would like to see how bad that thing would trash me.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say Sideways remain grand champ and doesn't race at all... Like Snake said, cheap shot him when he's not looking.

Quick Reply: My Buddy Is A Big Bully Now.