S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

my02 turbo vs. rsx, civic, civic turbo

Old 05-06-2007, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my02 turbo vs. rsx, civic, civic turbo

a friend and i are cruising around the local highways looking for races with no luck. we are just about to give up and go home when we happen to see a modified rsx and civic si (maybe 99'-00') going at it so we decide to pull a u-turn and give chase. it took us awhile to catch up because they were racing in a cop infested intown area so we stayed back a few hundred feet biding our time until we reached the expressway.
it was about 2am so there were absolutely no other cars out. we catch up to them and keep pace. at this time they are road blocking so not much was going on. finally the civic moves to the slow lane and i pull up next to him. i am sitting in 3rd gear at roughly 55-60mph waiting for the civic to punch it but he doesn't. the rsx is tailgating me hardcore and the civic is sitting in my blindspot.
the rsx speeds up and slows down all the while staying behind me. i wait for the rsx to speed up one more time and as i see his headlights raise up i go all out and just absolutely destroy both cars in a cloud of carbon. i was hoping for more of a challenge but it wasn't even close. as i slow down for the overpass i notice both cars staying way back wanting nothing more to do with me. which was fine i needed to find a supra or vette or something a little more worthwhile.
we then went to get a few gallons of gas and some drinks at the wawa and then went to sit at the walmart to let the car cool down for awhile because it had been running for the past 3-3 1/2 hours. but as we pull into the parking lot we see a same year civic as the one we previously raced but with a twist. something beautiful and shiny was sitting behind its grill and i said finally! we have a race. we tried to get his attention in the parking lot but he just pulled back out onto the highway without noticing us and we followed suit.
we stay in the slow lane behind the civic until we reach the expressway once more and then pull beside him. we both look over and know whats about to happen. we are side by side and he happened to get the jump (no one honked) and just took off like a bat out of hell. basically leaving me a few car lengths behind. i was quite amazed at how fast this car was. we got past the next overpass and lined up again, this time from a 40mph roll and stayed side by side up to about 100mph when my car started to misfire and i backed off. my car had been running flawlessly in the three weeks i have had the turbo up until last night but later found out it was cause by one spark plug being gapped to big.
anyway we pull over at the wawa i was at earlier in the night to talk and found he was in fact running turbo putting down 385whp. i also found out that he was tuned by the same guy i was (jeff evans) and he was too driving around just looking for races. we talked for a little while longer and parted ways. it was the most fun i have had racing in a long time.