S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Night Full of street racing and kills

Old 04-05-2005, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Full of street racing and kills

Had a great night of street racing Friday. The local spot was full of some familiar and several "newbies" and guys from surronding areas.

Just after buffing off a fresh coat of Meguires Tech wax on my Sebring silver S2000; I decided to cruise to McCalisters parking lot. (That's the local street racing meet here). The cars were lined up in unisin depending on who's who. Well I saw a few car's that caught my eye and thought it may be good to see what's goin on. I pulled in and several of my friends jump over to say hey. I meet several new guy's to our spot from the surronding towns. One very cool guy going by the name of "BIGDAWG" lol had a shiney new 2005 stage two Neon SRT 4, I have only had my car for a total now of one month and am very eager to see how it fairs up to the others on the street. So I ask the guy for a run, of course he agrees and the whole pack meets up at Frankie blackmon industial road. Well we sit around making small talk and waiting for all the cars to settle in before we go to the end of the road to line up. A buddie of mine does the flagging. I couldnt beleive how badly I beat this guy. He never had a chance from flaggers hands down till the finish line. From the dig I jump him a good car, and keep pulling on him till the finish line where I ended up smoking him by an eyesoring 7 or so car lengths. He never said a word just drove back to the starting line again...That let me know either he missed a gear or just couldnt accept such a defeat, I meet him back at the start and he has no excuse just wants another run. From the dig I jump him another car length, My top is up and windows down and I can hear his blow off valve screaming with every shift He did fare slightly better this time but only managed to tight up my lead by a car...So I took him by 6 this time. For some reason I thought it would have been a bit closer then that. I ended up racing a total of 6 cars that night. Most of them just wanted to see how badly an s2000 would beat them, some just to race. The closest race that night was the neon even though it was by 6 car's...The guy was very happy to have participated and a very good sport. He has big plans for the neon and I wish him well.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:41 AM

Nice kills, what RPM were you launching at?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:04 AM

wow, good kills, what mods do you have? I didnt know there were many stage 2 equipped 05s out yet, mopar just released it I believe last month or so, lucky of you to catch one so quick. did he have toys?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowsrt4,Apr 5 2005, 08:04 AM
wow, good kills, what mods do you have? I didnt know there were many stage 2 equipped 05s out yet, mopar just released it I believe last month or so, lucky of you to catch one so quick. did he have toys?
he's stock.... I see.... 6 car lenghts on a modded srt4... Interesting...
Old 04-05-2005, 05:26 PM

6-7 cars?
good one
Old 04-05-2005, 07:04 PM

6-7 cars???

What kind of mods you have on your s2k?

I have a SRT with just exhaust and i have a friend that has a turboed s2k and he only beat me by a few more than that. Either he lied to you about haveing a stage2 because most SRT with Stage2 are between mid to low 13's or he cant drive for crap or you have some major work done!!

Either way you look at it ... a Kill is a Kill.... nice job
Old 04-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Former Moderator

without engine mounts or tires i could believe it but only one car on the launch i dont think so. BS
Old 04-06-2005, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by CoAsTeR,Apr 5 2005, 01:41 AM
Nice kills, what RPM were you launching at?
I was launching at 4-4500 rpms. I would slip the clutch slightly at the begining to get the car rolling a bit before dropping it. The Bridgestone Potenza's didnt let me down they kicked out the rear end slightly but only ate up a few thousand rpms before catching traction.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by slowsrt4,Apr 5 2005, 08:04 AM
My car is stock besides a K n' N air filter I added shortly after getting the car. His car is totally stock, He told me it was a stage 2 and it only had 2k miles on the ticker. Seeing how I dont keep up too much with neon stuff I wouldnt be able to tell if it was a stage two or not, but BIGDAWG doesnt seem like the type to lie.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Apr 5 2005, 04:51 PM
he's stock.... I see.... 6 car lenghts on a modded srt4... Interesting...
The srt4 was stock other then the stage 2 upgrade.

Quick Reply: Night Full of street racing and kills