S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

NSX goes down....literally!!! GRRRRR

Old 05-29-2003, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It gets alot worse guys...make a long story short: the guy who sold me the car sold it with false carfax reports supplied and without making me aware that the car had a salvage title.

Found out from the insurance adjuster today that the car was rolled a few years back and repaired...very well I might add. My veteran NSX technician was kinda shocked that it was rolled. No frame/suspension damage, just body damage. Apparently one of the many documents he threw at me did state that it had a salvage title, however, the car was lacking a sticker mandated by state and federal laws on hte inside door jam claiming that the car was a rebuild and a contained the VIN #.

Now the dilemma: Sue the dealer, obtain what I can get (probably not hte complete value of the car after attorney's fee's, etc) or just deal with it...fix it and drive it (it is in PRISTINE condition still...put back together BEAUTIFULLY, however, its the fact that i can never resell it for what it's really worth w/o the history.)

Also thought about suing them for the difference I paid in comparison to what salvaged NSX's go for...about $12,000 difference.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by SoFlaNSX
....the fact that i can never resell it for what it's really worth w/o the history...

...Also thought about suing them for the difference I paid in comparison to what salvaged NSX's go for...about $12,000 difference...
Let your own words be your guide in this, grasshoppa'.

I bet a good lawyer could even add significant punitive damages against the dealer.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SoFlaNSX
It gets alot worse guys...make a long story short: the guy who sold me the car sold it with false carfax reports supplied and without making me aware that the car had a salvage title.

Brian, arent you the guy from NSXprime (brian2by2.net) who got scolded for buying a "SALVAGED NSX". WTF are you talkin about you didnt know it was salvaged? In fact you insisted to buy a salvaged car to save you the bucks , you cheap MOFO!!..You knew from the GET GO that the NSX you were buying for 20K had a "SALVAGED TITLE"

, If you want people to listen and respect you , you need to grow up and stop BS'ing people around!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:58 AM

Hey JETPILOT...if you only knew what you were talking about...

I was aware that it was SALVAGED, but I was misinformed by the dealer (and I have unbiased witnesses). He led me to believe that the car was damaged on the front bumper and left door and only salvaged for <insert his dumb shit reason here>. My insurance adjuster told me that when he purchased the car as a dealer, he HAD to have been made WELL aware that it was a ROLLOVER and by LAW he was required to tell ME that it was a ROLLOVER veichle. Never did. Do I have a problem building a salvaged car? Not if its for some stupid theft recovery or something like that. Would I have purchased this car if I had known it was a rollover? NO. Cheap-o Eh? ooook...Whatever you say holmes. Between my Racing Harts, DR's, new tires, suspension, and maintence on this car, I've already got well over, $9000.

This guy is a criminal and deliberately took advantage of me because I am young and naive. And unfortunately the schmuck I hired to examine the car didn't really know shit about cars I guess...I wish I would have known my NSX-tech (Neil Miller @ RICK CASE HONDA) when I purchased the car...
Old 05-30-2003, 01:53 PM

This is the downside about our beloved NSX.......that it seems every bolt and hose on the car is valued over $1000.00!
WTF! I like the car so much, but just can't justify the service/maintaince costs.

Good luck in the repairs, I would def. go all aftermarket if possible.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:46 PM

Brian,

I do know what Im talkin about! This was exactly what the NSXprime members warned you about . DONT BUY A SALVAGE CAR, regardless of what the story was, the car was "SALVAGED" and they specifically TOLD YOU NOT TO BUY IT!! REGARDLESS of what the DEALER TELLS YOU.

BUT NO, young, naive BRIAN wants to get all COCKY and show the world this 19 year old KID can afford an EXOTIC.

You dont have a chance to go against the dealer about your situation. How do you think CARS get the "SALVAGED TITLE" with a slight blemish or a little fender bender ???? C'mmon WAKE UP... Thats what the FOLKs has been trying to tell you but you didnt listen...OHH WELL

All I can say is, let this be a lesson for you. Hopefully you learned a lesson and NOt get a "SALVAGED VIPER"..... If your 2by2 company pays you guys as well as your mouth is, you wouldnt be in this predicament..
Old 05-31-2003, 08:40 AM

See, JetPilot, You need to read with an unbiased opinion. Never once did I say I can't afford the car or the repair. I can pay for the repair if I want but 11,000 is a bit too much when my insurance will cover with only a slight surcharge on my premium.

As far as the salvage ordeal, I am furious because I paid a price very close to a normal NSX because I was falsely put under the impression that the car was simply damaged on a few panels and deemed salvaged for some unknown reason. Teh carfax he supplied me agreed with his story. His documentation claims that his dealership will acknowledge to the buyer that a car is a roll over...which mine was.

I am personally very happy with the car. I love it...to me, there's nothing wrong with it. HOWEVER, as you mentioned, I do wish to own a viper in the next 4-6 months. Will I be selling hte NSX to pay for it? Maybe. But now, the value just decreased 100% so I might as well keep it unless I can redeem the value paid and buy a non-rolled NSX...
Old 05-31-2003, 11:00 AM

As far as the salvage ordeal, I am furious because I paid a price very close to a normal NSX because I was falsely put under the impression that the car was simply damaged on a few panels and deemed salvaged for some unknown reason. Teh carfax he supplied me agreed with his story. His documentation claims that his dealership will acknowledge to the buyer that a car is a roll over...which mine was.

Brian,
This is exactly my point. You were warned/adviced specifically on the above mentioned.

You were adviced you could have gotten a "Clean Title NSX" but you were stuborn and chose to save the few bucks and go with the "SALVAGED CAR". A "salvaged car" can easily mean 3 cars put together, it was you that insisted to believe the dealer. No one to blame but yourself..."YUPPP..I TOLD YOU SO"

Old 05-31-2003, 01:22 PM

You were adviced you could have gotten a "Clean Title NSX" but you were stuborn and chose to save the few bucks and go with the "SALVAGED CAR". A "salvaged car" can easily mean 3 cars put together, it was you that insisted to believe the dealer. No one to blame but yourself..."YUPPP..I TOLD YOU SO"
I've got a "Clean Title NSX" The title has been washed, HOWEVER, it is still required by law to have that sticker on the door and most importantly, inform the buyer that teh car was not only in an accident (which he did...) but that it was a ROLLOVER veichle (which he did not).
Old 05-31-2003, 01:42 PM

Where the does a 19 year old kid get the money to buy a NSX, salvaged or not, and now a viper??????

Quick Reply: NSX goes down....literally!!! GRRRRR