S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Pedophile almost killed me!

Old 02-17-2002, 01:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pedophile almost killed me!

So I am on my way to visit a friend today around noon. I am driving down a 3 lane road... lots of lights, lots of traffic. I am driving normal. I consider myself a defensive driver, I don't ride people's butts, I dont do more than 5 over unless I'm racing. I'm in the right lane, and this hoopdie in the middle lane is moving slower than the flow of traffic. I get almost even with him, a little past his blind spot and the guys starts into my lane! I slam on the brakes and blast the horn. The guy moves back over, and I then speed up and go by him (i dont want to be behind an idiot who might cause an accident). I get stopped at the next light, and the guy is next to me. He is screaming out his window. He's saying I could have killed him! That I need to slow down! Whoa. I just ignore him. The light turns I go, and the guy says "i'm gonna kill you when I catch you. i've got my gun ready for you". Okay, now it's gettin real. So I'm thinking of what to do. first I get on the phone and call 9-1-1. I speed off and try to put some distance from him and keep him BEHIND me so he doesn't get next to me. I tell the 911 operator what happened and they tell me to tell them where I am. this guy is following me like you wouldn't believe. He cuts people off, he blows red lights. he even makes a left turn across 3 lanes of traffic from the RIGHT lane!! All to keep up with me. finally I get back to a subdivision and by this time I'm in another precints territory. the dispatcher tells me an unmarked car is oncoming and will cut him off after the stop sign. so i see the car (i've seen it before. its some kind of chevy, tinted windows, totally unmarked). At the stop sign i take off and the guy takes off to try to follow. I put some distance between us, and the cop car turns on it's inside lights (now visible through the tint) and swerves in front of the guy. The idiot GOES AROUND the cop and keeps following me. Well by this time I'm near the police station and so I pull in (telling the dispatcher where I am) and dart out of my car. The guy is met with officers and large projectile weapons (read: shotguns). They get him out and cuff him. It was nice to see the officers rough him up. the whole time the guy is saying I almost caused the accident, that I almost killed him and his girlfriend (he looked old and 40, she looked like she was 10) and he said I was being wreckless. I could not believe it. Regardless they arrest him. They search the car. No guns, but find some nice little green plants in a small bag in the trunk. Just thought I'd share my story. It scared the hell out of me, and it just goes to show how people can be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damm! you should make a movie out of this one! No really, glad to hear you made it out ok! There are some real lunatics out there
Old 02-17-2002, 01:46 PM

OMG! Glad your made it out ok. Did the guy ever get arrested?

Too much road rage can get you in a world of trouble.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:48 PM

if the DA decides to charge him, you might have to go to court to testify against him
Old 02-17-2002, 01:50 PM

yes, the guy got arrested. And I'll gladly go to court to testify. This guy is nuts. he needs to be sterilized and locked away before he reproduces any offspring with his 10 year old girlfriend.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ped
Old 02-17-2002, 04:16 PM

Similar thing happened to me in Albuquerque.............that is one crazy town!!! I think the warm weather promotes questionable types to live there where they can live on the street and not freeze. I too ended the chase by pulling into a cop shop. Hope the subdivision you went to was not yours
Old 02-17-2002, 07:41 PM

This has to be the most interesting thread of all times.

<voting 5>
Old 02-17-2002, 09:58 PM

Thanks for the vote wesmaster, and thanks for everyone's concern. I hope you all are kept free of road rage. Wrong place, wrong time, and I suppose wrong car. Just be careful who you might piss off. I learned after this, by the way, that had I not ignored him at the light and simply looked and said sorry and put my hands up in an apologetic gesture, it probably would have been avoided. (even though he was at fault, it is worth giving up the pride so save a confrontation)

Just a word of advice.
Old 02-18-2002, 07:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What I still wonder is -- how do you know this man is sexually attracted to children?

Quick Reply: Pedophile almost killed me!