S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Pumped up morning

Old 12-22-2004, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrGTR,Dec 22 2004, 06:48 PM
Do you speak for all Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo/Detomaso etc etc exotic car drivers?

No.

I'm not comparing or doubting Sideway's car. I'm talking about what most exotic car owners would do on the streets and that is not to look for races (unless they were like I said, loaded or professional but crazy drivers).

Stop calling me SentraGTR and grow up.
Why don't you ask the same question to blastr since he obviously has every exotic owner figured out himself.

I don't see how anyone can make such assumptions without knowing FOR SURE or seeing it first hand to know.

I am not sure where you live, but perhaps if you took a trip out to California Sideways could bring you to all the exotic meets he attends. And then you may actually hear in person that these guys do have a little fun even against the little black S.

And blastr, you said that if you had an exotic you would drive the piss out of it yourself. You don't think that some of the guys with these exotics may have been like you as a young guy and always dreamed of owning that type of car? Since you could care less about the rich pricks in Cali with their exotics, why are you so quick at defending their ability to want to drive them fast?

Ever seen the video of the Enzo racing the Mustang Cobra (I think)? Why would a stupid exotic owner who has the FINEST Ferrari ever built want to race a $30,000 rustang or some other domestic car? You obviously don't have the guy in the Enzo figured out from your previous statements. Oh and by the way, he pushed his car pretty hard more than once on the public highway.

There is no doubt I would LOVE to have an exotic. A Porsche Carrera GT to be exact. I will hold that as my dream car just because it's my personal preference. You can bet I would wind it out if I had it, and I wouldn't mind putting up a little fight if someone would like to see what it could do. You can easily say that's just my own choice to do so, but I am certain there are hundreds of exotic owners who feel the same way.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:08 AM
Banned

Interesting.

I've seen a Diablo run against a Supra, actually an assortment of exotics running against Supras. Maybe the exotics you're talking about only runs with abnormally fast cars. Maybe those guys run for big money, who knows. But I bet most of them treat their cars with respect. I truely doubt you would gas a Carrera GT from stoplight to stoplight and running against anything that moves.

Also, it would be best not to talk about comparing with exotics if you've never owned one.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:21 AM
HJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MrGTR I agree with what you're saying, but you fail to realize that I am not argueing about the general topic of whether it is safe or an everday occurrence that the S gets 600 whp. I am specifically argueing with Blastr on the subject of Sidways' car and his encounter with the 911 turbo and 360 Modena, not the matter of NA cars vs. NA-FI cars. And my response to him which you quoted and answered were taken out of context.

I agree that the Viper is a lot easier to make hp from. However, if you read my post to Blastr, he stated that because that particular Viper (the Hennessy one) was not able to stay cool after an extended period of driving, Sideways' car must not be able to stay cool. And because both cars are FI'ed, even though one is twin turbo, the other is S/C, this common bond between the two justifies his theory and thus making it a fact. But it is far from being the truth, and that is what my last post was in regards of.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by MrGTR,Dec 23 2004, 05:08 AM
Also, it would be best not to talk about comparing with exotics if you've never owned one.
Words you should follow yourself.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:28 AM

I truely doubt you would gas a Carrera GT from stoplight to stoplight and running against anything that moves.

[/QUOTE]
Agreed
Old 12-23-2004, 10:58 AM

Maybe i need to be more clear...I would beat the piss out of a 911 turbo on a daily basis if i had one...but def not a ferrari of any type...porsches can handle the beating
Old 12-23-2004, 11:15 AM

I lost IQ points reading this thread. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blastr17,Dec 22 2004, 03:30 PM
OK so your reasoning is no one will race a corrolla because it does not look sporty...but a civic hatch that can beat an enzo down in georgia, I am sure that thing looks real sporty...Please, the kid commments are old and lame...why dont you go back two months in car and driver and read about the hennessy twin turbo viper putting down 600 hp...they had to ice it down between runs so it would not blow up...but i am sure sidways car has all the advanced tech that those guys have , THAT HE CAN DRIVE IT DAILY AND BEAT 911 TUrBO'S AND 360'S WITHOUT IT EXPLODING...If I am an idiot kid, you are obviously and IGNORANT MORON ADULT

And if it was my money I would bet on a 360 or a 911 turbo vs a modded s2000 any day of the week, not because of The $$ but on the strict fact that i nkow what I am getting out of those cars..his modded s2000=NOT PROOVEN
a viper can EASILY put more than 600hp down...

hell... a stock viper with a simple bolt on kit will put 600 down

by the way a hennessy twin turbo viper puts down 725 rwhp
Old 12-23-2004, 12:32 PM

Look at these numbers then talk to me...comptech...I am sure the 60 extra hp make that much of a difference to bring his car into exotic territory
Old 12-23-2004, 12:34 PM

If you would know that Sideways has the Vortech at high boost and a modified head. Over 100whp more than a stock Comptech SC. Get the facts straight then you can comment.

Quick Reply: Pumped up morning