S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

The S2000 is the fastest car known to man....

Old 09-27-2001, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The S2000 is the fastest car known to man....

I love coming to this forum, because I love reading the posts of some of the disillusioned S2000 owners who truly feel their car can beat everything on the road this side of a Mclaren. If you people are beating 911s, M3s, Corvettes, it is because you are a better driver than the putz behind the wheel of the other car. It is NOT because your car is better or faster than theirs. The S2000 is a nice, fast, good handling car. However, it is not in the same league as far as these cars that you "kill." Please accept this fact because you are making an @ss out of yourself when you come across as believing your car can out perform these other cars. For the many like me who read these posts, it is nothing but funny.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only see one yoyo making an idiot of himself here. Now be a good kid and play nice. Your mom's gonna be really pissed when she finds you got the parental control off that P.C.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you Forcfed -- for a while I was starting to think I was alone here ....
Old 09-27-2001, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta say that the s2k is an awesome car, but not in the league of a ferrari or the bigger names in the automotive industry, but it does rank pretty high on the list. It's the fact that it's a Honda that brings it down. Honda is still known to the world as a economy car and not much people know about Honda's racing history. But I think majority of the people that posts threads on beating a Porsche 911 or a Ferrari, is not to say the s2k is a better car, but more of an accomplishment. If the other car is not even trying to run with you, and you beat that car, then that's when I think it's funny. Or even when a s2k beats a Geo Metro, I think that's funny. But beating likes of say a Camaro z28 or Porsche Boxster S, that's just that good feeling of accomplishment that you want to share with other people. I agree that it's 80% driver, and 20% car, but a win is a win.
Old 09-27-2001, 07:01 PM

Go play in your own sandbox, forcefed. We're having fun!
Old 09-27-2001, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
I can only see one yoyo making an idiot of himself here. Now be a good kid and play nice. Your mom's gonna be really pissed when she finds you got the parental control off that P.C.
I am sorry but I am not here to make an idiot out of myself, I am here to point out the idiots that are putting their Honda S2000s in the same category as machines like the C5, the 911s, the M3s, etc. If you disagree, then state your case. But I think if we bring in the editors from any noteworthy automobile magazine (car and driver, autoweek, motortrend, etc.) who know MUCH more about cars than you all claim, they will back me up in stating that it is ridiculous to place your cars in the same performance categories as the ones I have named above. The only thing to compare is price, which is in your favor. Performance comparisons are not in your best interests. Everyone likes to think of their car as the one to beat, I am just the bearer of truth, and the truth is that there are plenty of people who come to these threads and read these posts ("I smoked a 911 Carrera today") and laugh about it. I do on a weekly basis. I would be interested in the S2000 vs. WRX, RSX, Boxster, etc. because these are comparably matched cars. Bring in names like the M3 and it becomes laughable.
Old 09-27-2001, 07:43 PM

s2000 vs m3 is laughable? depends which m3 your talking about. E46 yea that is laughable. but the e36 m3's performance is very similar off the line with the s2000. but i agree with you when people talk about smoking 911's..not gonna happen unless your packing boost.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by forcefed
I love coming to this forum, because I love reading the posts of some of the disillusioned S2000 owners who truly feel their car can beat everything on the road this side of a Mclaren. If you people are beating 911s, M3s, Corvettes, it is because you are a better driver than the putz behind the wheel of the other car. It is NOT because your car is better or faster than theirs. The S2000 is a nice, fast, good handling car. However, it is not in the same league as far as these cars that you "kill." Please accept this fact because you are making an @ss out of yourself when you come across as believing your car can out perform these other cars. For the many like me who read these posts, it is nothing but funny.
Forcefed, show us one post where someone here says their S2K is better than a Porsche, Vette, Ferrari, etc. People may say they've beaten a Vette, a Porsche, etc. (which happens) or they may say that they like S2K's better than those other cars. But RARELY or NEVER does anyone say that a S2K is BETTER than them. Show us some posts that show that, and we won't think you're a joke.
Old 09-27-2001, 10:00 PM

I have never once seen a post stating their S2000 is a "better" car than a Porsche and a M3. All I have seen is them beating them in a race and a best bang for the buck comparison. You are right, it does come down to the driver in a race, and thats why some of these races are extrodinary. I believe you are the ignorant one if you say a semi modded s2000 "cannot" hang with a C5 or a 911 Carrea.

By the way, what kind of car does "FORCEFED" have????
Old 09-27-2001, 11:07 PM

I think Forcefed and Steve C believe that they're somehow enlightening somebody with their posts.

If someone thinks that the S2000 is the fastest, best shit in the world, then let them be. Who ****ing cares? They're just dumbasses frontin' on some internet car board chatting about street encounters, fellas.

If you two are on some mission to get rid of the S2000 hype and establish some sensibility in this forum, you are going to get no where... slow.

Damn party-poopers.

Quick Reply: The S2000 is the fastest car known to man....