S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

s2k vs wrx

Old 10-28-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Kguy,Oct 28 2007, 11:36 AM
Something doesn't sound quite right, as in, I feel it should have been closer. Either things aren't exactly what they seem, or you ran into a better than average driver.
So you think the rex had more Mods?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Acesdenyd,Oct 28 2007, 04:32 PM
So you think the rex had more Mods?
Probably, or the guy was smart and did some weight-reduction. I don't think people realize how easy it is to drop 150 lbs from an Impreza, and how much of a massive difference it makes in performance. Had I not done these things myself I'd be skeptical as well, but I've seen the gains, and they're substantial. With standard weight-mods alone, the '04/'05 WRX is guaranteed a high 13-second
Old 10-28-2007, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,Oct 27 2007, 10:20 PM
We eat S2ks!

And we eat STis.

To the op: Nice run. You would have been much better off racing him from a roll, but with as much as he had in mods, it probably wouldn't have made a huge difference.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kguy,Oct 28 2007, 07:40 PM
I'm doubting he has more mods or a professional tune since most tuners would advise him against a BOV and Intake until he's much farther along in the mod-process.
Intake is a debate. People stand on both sides of the fence on that one. Buschur swears a 15awhp gain from a CAI intake alone. There was a couple more test that say there was a nice gain. One tuner told me there is a gain they don't like to tune for them because the MAF is so sensitive its hard to get it dialed in. Me I have a cai on a tune and when it was first put on my car pulled timing I was running lean. My IAM dropped from a perfect 16 down to 7. After the tune everything was fine. I didn't get any official dyno numbers before and after but the butt dyno says the car pulls a lot harder up top. With thats said I believe he was rocking a tune because his car would have been running like crap without one.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Acesdenyd,Oct 28 2007, 07:29 PM
I am going to hold out for the new STI I loved the pics from the Japan unveiling and now I got to have lol.

I am jealous! Should be an awesome car; I love how aggressive they look. Much improved over the 08 WRX.

Originally Posted by S2Kguy
I don't think people realize how easy it is to drop 150 lbs from an Impreza
How? That sounds like something I'd be up for.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Acesdenyd,Oct 28 2007, 08:47 PM
Buschur swears a 15awhp gain from a CAI intake alone.
On an '06 car, which is quite a bit different than an '05. Besides, Buschur is first and foremost a salesman, it keeps him in business.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kguy,Oct 29 2007, 09:30 AM
On an '06 car, which is quite a bit different than an '05. Besides, Buschur is first and foremost a salesman, it keeps him in business.
Yes his was but the previous were on the 04-05 models.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:13 AM

Strange... my experiences were different. My car is very mild,

- AEM V2
- Mugen ECU / Denso IR plugs
- Hondata IMG (not relevent)
- ACT clutch/disc set
- stock final drive
- Mugen header (AP1)
- stock cat w/ Spugen Dual exh + Ti cans

My co-worker's WRX has the stage 2 Cobb kit installed and it wasn't close from a 20mph roll on out, I'd easily pull ahead before we shut down.

Also a WRX in my POV isn't really fast from a stop, it's more of they move off first because of better grip. Fast from a stop would imply in my perspective that a car with a reinforced chassis twists (or tries to twist) itself apart coming off the line.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:29 AM

well this turned into a nice discussion huh. heh
well the guy said that he had alot of awd experience so im guessing the he was a good driver. he also had carbon fiber trunk and hood so he might have had more reduction dont really know though. umm.... think some fuel system stuff but im pretty sure that was it.

since i got my mods ive been getting alotof runs. its only been like 3weeks and im 4-2 (civic,rsx,350z,rx8) - (wrx,dsm eclipse). should be posting again this weekend or early next week as im gonna be running friends and friends of friends lol. a mazdaspeed3 , early 90s rx7, 240, gti. hope they show. ima try to get vids.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hyper-X,Oct 30 2007, 04:13 AM
Strange... my experiences were different. My car is very mild,

- AEM V2
- Mugen ECU / Denso IR plugs
- Hondata IMG (not relevent)
- ACT clutch/disc set
- stock final drive
- Mugen header (AP1)
- stock cat w/ Spugen Dual exh + Ti cans

My co-worker's WRX has the stage 2 Cobb kit installed and it wasn't close from a 20mph roll on out, I'd easily pull ahead before we shut down.

Also a WRX in my POV isn't really fast from a stop, it's more of they move off first because of better grip. Fast from a stop would imply in my perspective that a car with a reinforced chassis twists (or tries to twist) itself apart coming off the line.
You don't consider 0-60 in 1.6-.7 fast? ROFL!

And as for racing your co-worker from a roll, try it again from a stop.....different story. Each car is going to have it's strong points.

Racing from a roll is like masturbation, no matter how good it feels.......it's still not sex.

Quick Reply: s2k vs wrx