S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

stock s2k vs. modded celica gt-s

Old 04-07-2006, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mayanh8,Apr 7 2006, 03:43 PM
Your right, I haven't raced celicas with tuned power fc's. So I will give you the benefit of the doubt and remain suspiciously skeptical. (Even though I can't admit that this could have really happened)
i'm an honest guy who hopes to gain credibilty on these forums.
in fact i faced this same kind of flak when i posted beating modded rsx-s on clubrsx.

maybe its a honda thing j/k
Old 04-07-2006, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by jav8or,Apr 7 2006, 03:34 PM
i use the math only as a reference. and im sure you all destroyed many celica gt-s (whether they be autos or manuals). but i doubt many of you have raced celicas with tuned power fc's. seeing as it is a relatively new and uncommon mod. compared to the s2k, the celica is very light. 180whp will make the car impressively quick. my s2k is PROBABLY putting something close to 200whp. i dont think that is gonna be enough to destroy my old celica
I think your old celica was a FACTORY FREAK or something, because Ive raced quite a few Celica GT-S, and its not even close.. I personally have a friend with a Celica GT-S with intake, header and exhaust plus a tuned SAFC, and i walk him everytime.. But hey, good for you.. Maybe,u might need to get use to driving your new s2k.. Race him again, and just bust the OLD rolling clutch dump and get it over with..

Aaron
Old 04-07-2006, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jav8or,Apr 7 2006, 03:44 PM
^^^the first post for someone to kinda believe me
Even when I had my S2K with 10000.00 in mods I never thought it was "fast". With such peaky power delivery and squirmy rear end it was easy to lose 1 sec on the 1/4 with just a small error, thus allowing a lesser vehicle to hang more often than not.

It is however superior to said celica in every other aspect, especially handling and "cool" factor.

But, I say sure its possible.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by SpOoNeDaaron,Apr 7 2006, 03:49 PM
I think your old celica was a FACTORY FREAK or something, because Ive raced quite a few Celica GT-S, and its not even close.. I personally have a friend with a Celica GT-S with intake, header and exhaust plus a tuned SAFC, and i walk him everytime.. But hey, good for you.. Maybe,u might need to get use to driving your new s2k.. Race him again, and just bust the OLD rolling clutch dump and get it over with..

Aaron
by the horsepower and torque numbers we got off the dyno, my car wasnt a freak. many people have hit similar numbers with my mods. the s-afc really cant compare to the tuning ability of the power fc. i'd be suprised if your friend made any power with it. some guys like to change the cam change over to sumthing below 6000 so they hit the big cam sooner. little do they know that without tuning the cam angles for the lower engagement, your in fact making the car slower.

also, any header when used in conjunction with any other bolt on makes little to no power on the 2zz. your friend is better off porting his stock header.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i absolutely mauled a gt-s with whatever mods it may have had, from about 40 till whenever i just gave up. instant buslengths. to be honest, i don't know if he was really racing, just assumed so cuz he was the one instigating it. if i'm not mistaken, aren't turbo celicas still in the 13's? sorry bro, if u lost to a celica then it's time to sell ur car and settle down in, well, a celica!
Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 PM

I don't care if the GT-S is boosted...unless it is making crazy power like 400whp...I'll smoke it.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by dstanfield1977,Apr 7 2006, 03:50 PM
Even when I had my S2K with 10000.00 in mods I never thought it was "fast". With such peaky power delivery and squirmy rear end it was easy to lose 1 sec on the 1/4 with just a small error, thus allowing a lesser vehicle to hang more often than not.

It is however superior to said celica in every other aspect, especially handling and "cool" factor.

But, I say sure its possible.

this is why i bought the car. it sucks that it is a little slower than the celica - but not for long. i have a comptech supercharger coming soon. there running a special in the group buy section. cant wait
Old 04-07-2006, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by jav8or,Apr 7 2006, 04:59 PM

this is why i bought the car. it sucks that it is a little slower than the celica - but not for long. i have a comptech supercharger coming soon. there running a special in the group buy section. cant wait
Dude...your not slower than his GT-S. He got lucky, you mis-shifted, etc. etc. etc. You don't need to do crap to beat him.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:00 PM

word.. MY FRIENDS celica was slow though, either that or he couldnt drive for shit... He got beat by my friend who has a CIVIC SI with the same bolt-ons... Im always the outsider because I always kill them both..
Either way, PFC or not, a Celica GT-S will not pull on a stock S2..
Im not sure if you know, but the S2 doesnt respond to mods very well either.. Good Luck, and congrats on your new S2..

Aaron
Old 04-07-2006, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by s2krazy01,Apr 7 2006, 03:57 PM
i absolutely mauled a gt-s with whatever mods it may have had, from about 40 till whenever i just gave up. instant buslengths. to be honest, i don't know if he was really racing, just assumed so cuz he was the one instigating it. if i'm not mistaken, aren't turbo celicas still in the 13's? sorry bro, if u lost to a celica then it's time to sell ur car and settle down in, well, a celica!
if your stock and you live in the pan handle of florida, i will gladly show you what a celica can do.

i'll say it again. if you havent raced a pfc'd celica, and your stock, you dont know what your in for.

Quick Reply: stock s2k vs. modded celica gt-s