S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Supra Vs VTSC S2K

Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra Vs VTSC S2K

So i was driving back from my tuners place and this Lambo comes on from the next on ramp. I give him a couple revs and he doesnt look. so i gave him a couple bounces back and forth and he still didnt react. So i left him alone.

But immediately after i give up a supra comes up in my rear view. I guess the lambo distracted me. He gets next to me and just guns it. I was rollin in sixth. So before i get to third and rev match he is a car ahead of me. from sixty by the top of fourth i am lookin at his hood through my window. He let off at that point. I was walking right past him. Really cool guy though. He got off on my exit and started talkin about dropping his engine into a S2K. He said he was single turbo and putin about 310 down.

Skate
Old 04-09-2009, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only 310 down with a single turbo setup? Damn he must have a weird ass setup...
Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol...maybe the other turbo is just broken...good run
Old 04-09-2009, 04:31 PM

yea i coudnt understand him but understand a lot of what he said. He was strongly accented. But i thought he said single turbo. Who knows. but he was def on a bad tune. He was poppin and blowing smoke a lot. Sounded like misfires not back pressure.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:33 AM

man, kick him in the nuts. He spent all his money on the car, and none on a tune.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 AM

310...he is def f**king up only putting down 310 with a single turbo supra
Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 AM

It was probably a non turbo converted into a single turbo...they have diff. internals than the twin turbos from the factory so they arent strong motors. There is a kid from my area that has a single turbo...but it was a automatic non turbo when he got it. He is about 330 at the wheels.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by 03silver2000,Apr 10 2009, 09:18 AM
It was probably a non turbo converted into a single turbo...they have diff. internals than the twin turbos from the factory so they arent strong motors. There is a kid from my area that has a single turbo...but it was a automatic non turbo when he got it. He is about 330 at the wheels.
i know someone with the same conversion, he put down 550whp....its still a turd but it has decent power
Old 04-10-2009, 09:45 AM

Sounds crazy to me too...310 is a sick BPU ....
Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Skatethesea,Apr 9 2009, 01:07 PM
So i was driving back from my tuners place and this Lambo comes on from the next on ramp. I give him a couple revs and he doesnt look. so i gave him a couple bounces back and forth and he still didnt react. So i left him alone.

But immediately after i give up a supra comes up in my rear view. I guess the lambo distracted me. He gets next to me and just guns it. I was rollin in sixth. So before i get to third and rev match he is a car ahead of me. from sixty by the top of fourth i am lookin at his hood through my window. He let off at that point. I was walking right past him. Really cool guy though. He got off on my exit and started talkin about dropping his engine into a S2K. He said he was single turbo and putin about 310 down.

Skate
nice kill...

...unfortunately it sounds like you beat a very poorly running Supra. like others have said, its possible that his car started out as an N/A Supra, and that his single turbo is very poorly tuned (or not tuned at all)...although i haven't seen such low numbers from even a poorly tuned Supra "NA-T." i suppose there's a first for everything though...

...that being said, you lucked out this time. it isn't often you come across a Supra making such low numbers (partly b/c most Supra TT's are modded to BPU levels or higher, and partly b/c most NA-T's have a decent tune that affords them much more than 310whp). even a semi-healthy BPU Supra (~400whp) would creep away/walk away from a 300whp S2k...and no, i'm not just speculating.

nevertheless, anything can happen on the streets, and it always feels great to beat a car (or driver) that should otherwise be your demise. congrats on the kill

Originally Posted by 03silver2000,Apr 10 2009, 09:18 AM
It was probably a non turbo converted into a single turbo...they have diff. internals than the twin turbos from the factory so they arent strong motors.
yes and no...

the pistons and the oil squirters are the essential differences between the 2JZ-GTE and the 2JZ-GE internally. the rods, crank, and everything else are the same internally. now of course the heads are different. regardless, i wouldn't say the 2JZ-GE isn't a strong motor, considering its good for 500whp on boost before it requires a rebuild...in fact i'd say that's pretty good for a motor that wasn't originally intended for boost from the factory.

Originally Posted by My R2,Apr 10 2009, 09:45 AM
Sounds crazy to me too...310 is a sick BPU ....
LOL those are horrible numbers. so yeah, its either a poorly tuned (or untuned) NA-T, or a very poorly running BPU Supra.

Quick Reply: Supra Vs VTSC S2K