S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

uhh attempted vehicular homicide anyone?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uhh attempted vehicular homicide anyone?

so, i pull up to a redlight this morning in rush hour traffic about to get onto the on-ramp to 400 south. i pull up behind a dark blue c5 vette with an exhaust. he starts making manuevers in traffic like he's trying to warm his tires up and i'm thinking "what the hell?" the light turns green and he makes a quick manuever through traffic to get on the on-ramp and i follow him. we're going up the on-ramp and he suddenly locks up his breaks and stops dead center in the road for no reason. there's a line of cars behind me so i gave him a couple honks and he suddenly takes off. at first i thought well mabey he wanted to play around or something so i hit the gas and catch up to him as we're merging onto the highway.

i'm following him down 400, not riding his ass, but i'm a good 3/4 of a car behind him and he starts break checking me...hardcore style, like he's trying to get me to ram into him. on about the fourth time he breaks he locks them up and stops dead center in the middle of 400. the traffic was moving too fast in the other lanes for me to go around so i sat there with my horn held down for about 5 seconds and he suddenly just takes off again. at this point im furious. i gun it to get back up to speed and i get about a car length behind him and he locks up his breaks again and stops. i look in my rear view and there's a 18 wheeler locking up his breaks to trying crash into us. he guns it again and i don't miss a beat. i get up to speed and change lanes to get beside him and see what the hell his problem is. at this point i hadn't seen what the driver looked like. i get up along side him and it's an old man, i'd say in his sixties, and he's mouthing me off with his windows up. i give him a proper response at the top of my lungs followed by the one finger salute and got off my exit. so yeah, that was my morning excitement. welcome to atlanta.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:08 AM

Damn old people lol
Old 06-11-2008, 07:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

3/4 of a car behind him on the highway? I'm surprised this doesn't happen to you more often.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by scottrunsxc,Jun 11 2008, 07:20 AM
3/4 of a car behind him on the highway? I'm surprised this doesn't happen to you more often.
please man, don't give me that and don't act like you've never had less than a car length between you and the other man. either way it doesn't give you the right to lock up your breaks going 70 miles an hour in the middle of rush hour traffic for no reason.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by JmanS2k,Jun 11 2008, 07:30 AM
please man, don't give me that and don't act like you've never had less than a car length between you and the other man.
not I. I just think that's a bit dumb...

I try to have at lease 2-3 at least...

whatev.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sr2oD3,Jun 11 2008, 07:41 AM
not I. I just think that's a bit dumb...

I try to have at lease 2-3 at least...

whatev.
i was behind him at that distance for mabey five seconds while waiting for an opening to the right exit lane i needed to be in. it's not like i ride around all day riding people's bumpers.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:00 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JmanS2k,Jun 11 2008, 07:30 AM
please man, don't give me that and don't act like you've never had less than a car length between you and the other man. either way it doesn't give you the right to lock up your breaks going 70 miles an hour in the middle of rush hour traffic for no reason.
I am absolutely never less than a car length behind someone while moving, that's just stupid. I've also never stopped in the middle of the highway before to get a moron off my butt, but if I did, I certainly wouldn't expect the guy to be a big enough 'tard to do the exact same thing again.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by scottrunsxc,Jun 11 2008, 09:00 AM
I am absolutely never less than a car length behind someone while moving, that's just stupid. I've also never stopped in the middle of the highway before to get a moron off my butt, but if I did, I certainly wouldn't expect the guy to be a big enough 'tard to do the exact same thing again.
Same here, I like a little room so I can make a right or left cut rather then be forced to stop as was JMAN's case. It sounds like that old dude was just crazy. I guess nobody told him that a break check is not legal and that getting rear ended isn't always the fault of the driver doing the rear end.

In no way am trying to say JMAN was in the wrong but if you get that near a guy who has already break checked you a few times I would just move the hell out of his way. You are lucky another car didn't rear-end you. Yeah, it would have been the old man's fault but what does it matter when you are dead...
Old 06-11-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Jeezx what an idiot. He didnt even have the balls to roll his window down haha.

His car is is mostly fiberglass. A light tap would have caused him lots of damage.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so.....you where tailgating someone, they got mad(not condoning his actions) and your suprised?

Quick Reply: uhh attempted vehicular homicide anyone?