S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

A Venom-less Cobra...

Old 11-12-2004, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking A Venom-less Cobra...

I smoked this mofo' ya'mean...!!

Yeah right... actually it was quite the opposite... but I did perform much better then I expected! I was ironically on my way from an interview with a Pharmaceutical company- of which- if I get another ticket... I'll be ineligable to work for them...

...and well... as I was merging onto I94, coming from the Detroit Airport Merriot... I pulled on the highway immediately behind a Mustang SVT...

I preceded to drop to 4th and pull around him into the faster lane... and this must have lit a small fire in his panties... b/c he hopped on my ass like Michael Jackson with Jesus Juice...!!

I continued to jog upto about 100 every opening, but never had much of a chance to get side by side... at one point however- I got stuck behind the slow vehicle which allowed him the opportunity to pass... I merged behind him... saw that the car in front was about to slide out of our way... dropped to third at 70mph as fast as I could... and we were OFF!!!

I saw the smoke come from his pipes as he went hard from 3rd to 4th (man- those things have to shift MUCH faster then I thought!) and I managed to stay with 2 cars of him before we hit traffic again at about 120!!

Moral of the story... I'm still wonder if I'm chipped! Now I've smoked an EVO, and did not get pulled on by a 2003 Cobra as bad as I expected!!

damn damn damn damn damn... ...I'll NEVER know the truth!!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:46 AM

i call if you weren't so hot.. "this thread would call more flames than the sun"

you know exactly what i'm mocking ... good story joe btw how's the s4running? a buddy of mine just got a brand new one.. i still haven't had a chance to go check it out.. but i hear they're sweet

anyways.. those cobra's are sickedy my neighbor down the street has one.. pretty modded.. and i think he said he pulls something like around 400 hp...
Old 11-12-2004, 12:15 PM

i call if you weren't so hot.. "this thread would call more flames than the sun"

you know exactly what i'm mocking ... good story joe btw how's the s4running? a buddy of mine just got a brand new one.. i still haven't had a chance to go check it out.. but i hear they're sweet

anyways.. those cobra's are sickedy my neighbor down the street has one.. pretty modded.. and i think he said he pulls something like around 400 hp...
So far so good... It felt like I was cornering the titanic at FC... but it has enough Get up and go to make it a fun "winter beater"!! A couple of cheap mods and they can pull some wicked hp too...! a chip alone can get between 80 to 100hp out of the Twin's... at a downpipe, exhaust, short shifter... I'd be well over 350... (but I'd have to also get a new suspension set up... or I'll get to know my local ditches quite well!!!)

The '04's are 340hp STOCK!! but they are naturally aspirated- like the s2000 so it's tough to get much more out of them without givin' up your first born...

How was your trip?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:23 PM

oh vegas or hawaii??

both were awesome!! i have like 700 pics from HI.. and vegas.. well SEMA was phenomenal!! took a ton of pics too.. and of cool stuff as well not just hte ricey stuff i love american muscle and trucks too so i was having a ball at those displays.. as well as the DUB, Asanti, and Giovanna rim displays! got to see a baracuda, a Porsche GT tons of bentleys and benzos!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:08 PM

bentley's and benzos!! lol!

Nice... I haven't been on vaca' other then Key West this past June... (I was "working" at FC... so that doesn't count! ) Been too busy... and now I'm interviewing w/ some pharma co's... So who knows when the next trip will be...

I'll have to live vicariously... (btw- did you do the trip to Hana?? That's my favorite spot in Hawaii!!)
Old 11-12-2004, 03:26 PM

i thought you were a loan broker?? are we switching careers??

no i didn't go to Hana
Old 11-12-2004, 03:27 PM

so anyways.. back to the topic at hand...

Joe got his ass handed to him on a silver platter by a Cobra

actually it's pretty sick that you kept up with him.. now time to start investing in those mods

*youknowyoulovemeokthankyoubye*
Old 11-12-2004, 03:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you'd be suprised how much drafting helps at highway speeds
Old 11-12-2004, 04:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cobra driver sucked.

In my 2004 M3, I put 2-3 cars on a chipped B5 S4 55-110, in the quickness.

You have any mods yet ?

Nice run btw.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:01 PM

Ha! The smoke.

Damn, I remember when I had my Cobra, I had that damn smoke come from my exhaust when I dropped some gears and took her to redline. Never knew if the smoke was a normal thing or not. Only happened once though.

So btw, how do you know it was a 03+ and not a 02? 03+ are supercharged and they put down around 380HP to the wheels, if I am not mistaken. They -are- underrated.

Either way, S4 is a pretty quick car too. My boss has an RS6 - sick car. Audi can make nice sleepers

Quick Reply: A Venom-less Cobra...