S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

*need help* insurance for s2000

Old 10-27-2008, 04:56 PM
G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this topic is getting old.... pick up the phone, call several of the companies and get a quote. You will have to give them information to get information. That is a fact of life.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an official quote from my allstate agent but thats because he is a nice easy going guy and gave me "Good Drivers" and some other discount bonus thing.

The quote is $975 every 6 months. I got quoted $10,000 a year through my families insurer obviously they wanted to kick out a young teen like me with a sports car out of the policy so now I had to go under my own name with insurance.

Also you have to give us some "personal info" if you want me to give a "guesstimate" .
What I need to know is your age when you will get your car I 17 - 18 makes a big difference for some reason for insurance in price. Also you have to tell us the year of your S2000 the only reason why I'm getting a good deal for insurance on the S2k I'm getting is because the model year of the car is 2001.

If you plan on getting a brand new S2000 or close to brand new 2007-2009 just expect to pay as much or more a month for your insurance compared to your monthly car payment. When I was about to get a brand new 2009 S2000 a month ago most insurance priced me at $5000++ a year. (Not to mention the $10000 a year through 21st century insurance which is what my whole family is under as I mentioned before).

Hope this summary helps you out but what would really help you out is doing your own research. It took me weeks to get good quotes. When you get a quote whether good or bad for yourself make sure you write it down somewhere no matter what. Write it down and make sure you get the direct phone number for that agent so you can have that accurate quote next time around.

By the way where you live also alters the price of your insurance (depending on the theft rate of where you live). Also what might help is if you have a clean record they might be able to give you the "Good Driver" discount. Security of the car may also alter a bit for how much your insurance will be such as if you get your car Lojack'd or if you tell them the car will be garaged at all times.

All I have to say is don't lose hope. Keep looking and you will find something that will be good for you. If you plan on being the typical "high school showoff" with the nice car and speed everywhere better kiss your car goodbye. I believe if you get too many tickets your insurance will suspend you or skyrocket. 1 Speeding ticket for me would make my insurance sky rocket and take away the "Good Driver" discount. Good luck on your insurance!

Shoot me a PM if you got a good quote thats better than $175 a month for full coverage.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by mrxwormxsayz,Oct 27 2008, 04:56 PM
I just got an official quote from my allstate agent but thats because he is a nice easy going guy and gave me "Good Drivers" and some other discount bonus thing.

The quote is $975 every 6 months. I got quoted $10,000 a year through my families insurer obviously they wanted to kick out a young teen like me with a sports car out of the policy so now I had to go under my own name with insurance.

Also you have to give us some "personal info" if you want me to give a "guesstimate" .
What I need to know is your age when you will get your car I 17 - 18 makes a big difference for some reason for insurance in price. Also you have to tell us the year of your S2000 the only reason why I'm getting a good deal for insurance on the S2k I'm getting is because the model year of the car is 2001.

If you plan on getting a brand new S2000 or close to brand new 2007-2009 just expect to pay as much or more a month for your insurance compared to your monthly car payment. When I was about to get a brand new 2009 S2000 a month ago most insurance priced me at $5000++ a year. (Not to mention the $10000 a year through 21st century insurance which is what my whole family is under as I mentioned before).

Hope this summary helps you out but what would really help you out is doing your own research. It took me weeks to get good quotes. When you get a quote whether good or bad for yourself make sure you write it down somewhere no matter what. Write it down and make sure you get the direct phone number for that agent so you can have that accurate quote next time around.

By the way where you live also alters the price of your insurance (depending on the theft rate of where you live). Also what might help is if you have a clean record they might be able to give you the "Good Driver" discount. Security of the car may also alter a bit for how much your insurance will be such as if you get your car Lojack'd or if you tell them the car will be garaged at all times.

All I have to say is don't lose hope. Keep looking and you will find something that will be good for you. If you plan on being the typical "high school showoff" with the nice car and speed everywhere better kiss your car goodbye. I believe if you get too many tickets your insurance will suspend you or skyrocket. 1 Speeding ticket for me would make my insurance sky rocket and take away the "Good Driver" discount. Good luck on your insurance!

Shoot me a PM if you got a good quote thats better than $175 a month for full coverage.
wow thanks for the info i plan to get my car after high school ^^ AND if i did get it i wouldnt drive it to school. if u have gone to a high school in socal u know waht i mean :]
Old 10-27-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by 808eelttam,Oct 27 2008, 04:23 PM
i pay 60 a month for my s2k insurance. full coverage too. but i also got my is300 under the same policy
how old are you? im so jealous
Old 10-27-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by mszalli,Oct 27 2008, 10:48 AM
im only 20 with a clean record n i pay only 800/6months with state farm with various discounts, like the good student discount
ahh thats steep ^^
Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a guy who doesn't want to give out his personal information to an insurance company, you sure have no compunction about asking other people to put their personal information on the world wide web.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by RedY2KS2k,Oct 27 2008, 07:04 PM
For a guy who doesn't want to give out his personal information to an insurance company, you sure have no compunction about asking other people to put their personal information on the world wide web.
i dont think a number like 200-300 a month is really personal ^^
correct me if im wrong
Old 10-27-2008, 08:32 PM

But in order for a comparison of rates to mean anything at all, you need zip code, credit score, age, driving record, etc.

FYI, my S2000 costs about $250 every 6 months for full coverage. Any further information would involve the information you want to protect...
Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by RedY2KS2k,Oct 27 2008, 08:32 PM
But in order for a comparison of rates to mean anything at all, you need zip code, credit score, age, driving record, etc.

FYI, my S2000 costs about $250 every 6 months for full coverage. Any further information would involve the information you want to protect...
tats very cheap.
tats like 40 bucks a month..
for a sports car cranking 240 haha care to share your age? im super jealous... i pay like 100 a month for a beat up camry
Old 10-27-2008, 08:59 PM

But my age would be revealing the kind of information you don't want to expose.

Quick Reply: *need help* insurance for s2000