S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

1/8-1/4Mile runs????

Old 07-31-2001, 07:31 PM
Sev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you give us more info on this. 12.1 at 114 mph seems hard to believe with only 6 pounds of boost which should net you about 280 at the wheels. I am guessing you have slicks at the very least since 114 mph and 12.1 won't be compatible otherwise. Also, i wonder how the drivetrain will hold up to that...

Not calling BS yet, just want to know more, maybe you have done weight reductions and other stuff too, tell us more.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:18 AM
JRM

Originally posted by JRM
Bull Crap!
BULL CRAP!!! Prove it! Where's the time slip! Everybody with claims beyond what is capable from stock has posted a ET Time Slip. Sev has as well as others. If you've run a 12.1 then post the time slip. It doesn't matter if you run at NOPI Nationals cause this doesn't backup what you are claiming here today. Post the time slip!
Old 08-01-2001, 05:23 AM

Justin,
Still running eveything stock (compression, etc.).l

Sev,
I know, I've been hearing all of the 'experts' here on the board tell me that with 6 PSI I won't have anymore RWHP than the SC'ed cars. It's getting a little old actually, I have a great deal of respect for many of the board members here, including yourself. At 6 PSI most of my dyno runs are in the 325-330 RWHP range (by the way, full boost (6 PSI) is achieved at about 3600 RPMS). Impossible right... just like the 12.1, you guys are really going to be confused when I crack 11's here in the next month. The runs (ie 12.1 @ 114) were done on shaved drag radials, I didn't use slicks because I'm concerned about the drivetrain as well. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do with the differential, if anything.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:25 AM

You guys kill me, I'm done responding to this thread. You can read about my car in SCC and Turbo in a couple of months if you want to know more.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:50 AM
JRM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by derryck
[B]You guys kill me, I'm done responding to this thread.
Old 08-01-2001, 06:39 AM

What's 'different tech', it's a turbocharged Honda, like there aren't a ton of them all over the country. If you'll check previous threads, I've pretty much listed just about everything that has been installed on my car at one point or another. The name of my mechanic is Dwight Baldwin and he's been doing this for quite sometime. He works on John Gullit's (sp?) Mustang, which is the fastest car in the world in his class ( I believe his class is restricted to 10.5" tires and he runs 7's at over 200 MPH). He also turbocharged the Lexus GS 300 that has been winning many of the Hot Import Nights (and like events). He also developed the turbo kit for the Cavaliers/Sunfires that were at the SEMA show last year. I know some of those credentials might not stack up to many of our local 'experts' here on the board. I have been relatively tight lipped about much of this because it seems that many of the others that have (or are) attempting this, aren't enjoying the same successes that my mechanic has. And since we are planning on marketing the kit, we're trying to keep things relatively quiet for now. I'm amazed that all of you question a 12.1 quarter mile time from a car that runs 13.7-13.8 stock. That's only a little more than 1.5 seconds, not all that much from a 2800 lb. car that achieves full boost just after 3500 RPM's and has approx. 330 RWHP. My old Eclipse (GS-T not GSX) ran 12's all day long and had less horsepower (granted it did have 320 lb/ft of torque), weighed more and was front wheel drive.

Just to recount some of the goodies for those of you that are really interested. The IC is a Spearco Core (24" x 10.5" x 3", it's big), the turbo is T3/T4 housing P58 on Center with a Super H exhaust housing. I'm using a Tial 46 mm wastegate and a Tial BOV. My mechanic fabricated the exhaust manifold out of tubular 321 stainless steel and he fabricated the rest of the exhaust (3" all the way) and it's channeled through two Apexi N1 (black) mufflers. He's using an SDS secondary controller with two secondary injectors. Pretty much all of the fuel contol is done through the Apexi V-AFC and I'm using a Greddy Profec B for boost control. I am using a boost gauge and EGT gauge both of which are Greddy. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Old 08-01-2001, 07:07 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

derryck, what have you guys done to hide the boost from the MAP sensor?
This is one of the Major problems with the Comptech unit.
Old 08-01-2001, 07:15 AM

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question. I'm just an interested by-stander for the most part, most of what my mechanic does is still a bit over my head. I don't exactly understand how everything works yet but I believe that's why he used some kind of check valve. I'll ask him and let you know for sure.
Old 08-01-2001, 07:16 AM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by derryck
[B]Justin,
Still running eveything stock (compression, etc.).l

Sev,
I know, I've been hearing all of the 'experts' here on the board tell me that with 6 PSI I won't have anymore RWHP than the SC'ed cars.
Old 08-01-2001, 07:20 AM

I think people are kinda skeptical about your time because of the fact that you're only running 6 pounds of boost and were able to shave off lil more than 1.5 seconds. With shaved drag radials, not slicks. That is a LOT. And thats 1.5 secs off of the fastest time recorded for a stock S2K (13.7-13.8), with the average being around the 14.4sec range. If you calculate the difference in time with the average, then thats more than 2 seconds!!! And its especially kinda fishy because of the high compression ratio on our S2K's, you dont even have your bottom end rebuilt, unless you put in a thicker head gasket or something to lower it a lil.
Now, if you had your bottom end rebuilt, ran like 10lbs of boost or more, with slicks, then that would be a lil more believeable.
I'm not trying to bash you or anything, if you ARE running the times you say you are.. then more power to you. Its just that people come on the Internet and say this and that. Sorry if I offended you.. just read the post and found it hard to believe. Once you prove us wrong, gimme the papers to sign up for this kit!!!

Quick Reply: 1/8-1/4Mile runs????