S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2000 Honda S2k vs. 2004 Chrysler Crossfire

Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Crossfire is a chick car. I always see moms driving it.

Honestly, there is no comparison between the Crossfire and the S2k. And yes, I've test driven the Crossfire. It was pretty quick, but it just doesn't have the driver's feel to it, if you know what I mean.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM

Received 325 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by CKit' date='Jan 26 2009, 05:24 PM
Isn't there a Crossfire convertible as well?
Yes, I have a friend that has one. That being said I'd take the S2k anyday.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:18 PM

Interesting comparison
Old 01-26-2009, 05:51 PM

S2000 = Sexy

Crossfire = Fugly

Close Thread
Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that this matters, but I think I've seen maybe 1 guy driving a crossfire all the other ones have been woman behind the wheel haha...just sayin'
Old 01-26-2009, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crossfire SRT6 = MONSTER!!!
Crossfire = eh

S2k = FUN!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another point worth mentioning......I would imagine that maintenance and repair costs would be higher on the crossfire considering it is a re-badged MB.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never really understood the reasoning behind why anyone would get a Crossfire. The only thing that is good about was the fact that it was a rebadged SLK, but much uglier and it's a Chrysler. I mean for 40K+ new, they is a lot of other cars you can get.

There was a reason that the Crossfire was matched with the 350Z and TT while the S was compared to the Z4 and Boxster. See, the S, Z4 and Boxster was built from scratch a roadster, there is no hardtop version. Versus the Crossfire, 350Z and TT was bui as a coupe, then they decided to offer a chopped version, which should be called a convertible, but it was qualify as a roadster due to it's length.

I had a change to drive a Crossfire and it's cousin, the older SLK. And boy can I tell you the Crossfire just sucked, in all category, and that's an understatement.

Even if the Crossfire is a MY04, you are getting more car, as for the reliable part, or lack of. I admit that you might be able to find a less expensive 2000 with 40K on the odometer.

What you need to do is to go test drive both yourself then make the right decision yourself. So down the road, you have no one to blame.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:21 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Every time I think of the Crossfire I remember Jeremy Clarkson's description of the back of the thing. Paraphrasing: When looking at the back of the Crossfire it reminded me of a dog doing a number 2...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:49 AM

I think of the Xfire as a decent looking well made cruiser. And boy, can you put a sharp deal together for one these days! Stylistically, IMHO the front grill, headlight cluster ... the nose of the car .. falls short of the overall design. I'm OK with the coupe and consider the convertible to be a very nice looking machine, excepting the front layout. But there are a few obstacles you should be aware of: You need more space between cars to safely open the door and remove yourself and the rear visibility in the coupe is horrible. Reminded me of looking through a porthole window on a ship, or one of those little windows on top of the Empire State building or Washington monument. Very much a misfit of a niche car that for the right (cheap) price makes a very compelling case for itself versus masses of econocrap. BTW, my perspective comes from a brief time working at a Chrysler/BMW dealership. That was in 2004, when the car was a new model. The cars were parked and stayed that way - no interest at all. Their Bosch batteries all went dead from sitting - Not ONE was sold! They did move one out for a lottery/chances function, and Hilariously the car came back a few weeks later just to sit in the used car section! You could not even give the car away! The day before I left the dealer received a delivery of several more Xfires - The owner was there that morning and I thought he was going to ... Well lets just say he was not happy! As mentioned in a previous post, the SRT version is impressive. As with all specialty niche cars you need to familiarize yourself with each by research and test drives. Good Luck!
Gary

Quick Reply: 2000 Honda S2k vs. 2004 Chrysler Crossfire