S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2014 S2000 Calendar

Old 10-01-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default 2014 S2000 Calendar

Another year, another calendar!

Currently, we're looking for suitable photos for the 2014 S2000 calendar:

About the calendar:

This is a full color, glossy calendar, 10x13", for your favorite wall. Based on production costs, it will be $30 shipped to your door.

Last year I allowed custom covers for each calendar, and that worked well, so I will continue this practice for next year. Any calendar you order can have any submitted and approved S2000 on the cover provided it meets the quality standard for resolution and size. This means your submission can be a cover car if you choose!

About the photos and submissions:

We all want to see great shots of the S2000, so we have high standards for submissions.

• Photos can't just be "driveway" shots, no hose and bucket in the background. You need to be creative, artistic, and unique! At least find a scenic spot to take the pic!
• Photos need to meet a minimum resolution for print purposes. That minimum is "high resolution" - at least 150 dpi, in tif, png, jpg formats, for a 10"x13" calendar. Photos should generally by MB in size, not kb, to give you an idea. If you want to use a different format, PM me and I can see if it will work
• Don't obscure license plates or blur out parts of the image unless its for artistic purposes
• If you submitted a photo for a previous calendar year and it wasn't used, yes you can submit it again - you may want to PM me and find out why it wasn't used though
• Photos need to be cropped "loose" - in previous years we have had some great submissions that we couldn't use because the image was already cropped too tight to the S2000, meaning there was no way for me to position the image within the constraints of the format
• Try and leave some space around the S2000 so we can crop the image to fit the calendar. Final calendar size is about 9"x13", for reference
• Many submissions each year are the ubiquitous 1/4 front or 1/4 rear view, and we can only have so many similar poses in a calendar, so taking the time to do something different will count toward the submissions
• The calendar is not for profit, and stresses the love we have for our cars over such. Each car selected for the calendar may have a by-line with credit to the car's owner, the photographer if they are a different person, and some details about the car and where the photo was taken. No watermarks are allowed on the photos however. If its not your photo, ask the photographer to submit it or get written permission to submit it

How to make a submission (deadline is December 1)

• When you have some pics to submit, rename them with the following format:
"[member_name]-[real_name]-[image_name]-01.jpg"
• Email them to: s2ki09 @ gmail.com
• Include your screen name, your actual name, a brief description of the photo - location where it is, the car year, and significant visual mods like aftermarket wheels

• Photos have to be emailed for entry. This is your consent that they can be used in the calendar. Submitted photos will be available for viewing in a low-res format on Picasa. They will not be used for anything else, and I will remove them from Picasa upon request, although they will still be eligible for the calendar.

Previous calendar threads

• 2013 Calendar thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/987...2000-calendar/
• 2012 Calendar thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/915...2000-calendar/
• 2011 Calendar thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/794...d-draft-is-up/
Old 10-01-2013, 12:27 PM

UPDATE - The 2014 Calendar is ready!

The pdf preview is up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0y...it?usp=sharing

Picasa of submitted photos for 2014: https://picasaweb.google.com/s2ki09/...CL6lmse9u8u8LA

Ordering Information

Calendars will be 13" x 10.5", full-color glossy. $29, shipped to your door in the USA. I am not sure if the service I use ships outside the USA, but I can check.

I'll accept Amazon Payments, or mail orders, or cleared checks. Amazon Payments is the fastest, all payments need to clear before the order is processed, so expect 10-12 business days to get a calendar.

Money Order or check to me - PM me for my address = $29 - Checks need to clear - typically 5 business days before ordering. Amazon Pay is really the best solution.

Amazon pay - $29 - instant transfer - https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/paymentsend

Pay to "s2ki09 @ gmail .com"

Include your shipping address and quantity!

• I use Amazon Pay so you can pay by credit card without extra fees. Sorry, I do not use PayPal.
• The best way to get a calendar quickly is to use Amazon Pay. Mailing a check or money order will mean waiting for it to clear, which in past years takes about a week.

If you order, COPY AND PASTE, AND FILL THIS IN, IN A PM TO ME, AND/OR INCLUDE IT WITH YOUR CHECK:

screen name:
email address:
phone number:
calendar quantity:
shipping address:
Special instructions:
for example, "use (image name) for the cover", "swap June big pic for the cover"

ALSO

This worked last year so I will offer it again this year - if you want a custom image for the cover, I can change it. If you want your car on the cover, you can submit a high-quality image and I can make a one-off for you. Just add those instructions in the order and we can work out the details.

There are no returns, so be clear with instructions!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

photo sent
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i promise i;ll submit mine this year!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 AM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

sent
Old 10-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

sending
Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by bunta_garage
photo sent
Red and white.. almost a shoe-in for December lol.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:45 PM

Sent mine in just now!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 AM

HO HO HO
Old 10-03-2013, 03:08 PM

sent!

Quick Reply: 2014 S2000 Calendar