S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

About to buy an 05 S2000

Old 02-05-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up About to buy an 05 S2000

Hello!

I have a deal on the table for an 05 (Silverstone Red/Black) for $33K out the door. I was told that this is $500 over invoice. Is this a good deal? I was also curious as to what other's have been able to get their's out the door for.
I have also been told that this seems to be the most popular (common) color combo. Is that the case? Wish I could get White Red/Black...
Also, is there anything I should know/look for before making the deal?
And for my noob question.. Do I have to become a member (paid) to have a custom avatar?
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to joining the family soon
Old 02-05-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gretzky' date='Feb 5 2005, 10:21 AM
Hello!

I have a deal on the table for an 05 (Silverstone Red/Black) for $33K out the door. I was told that this is $500 over invoice. Is this a good deal? I was also curious as to what other's have been able to get their's out the door for.
I have also been told that this seems to be the most popular (common) color combo. Is that the case? Wish I could get White Red/Black...
Also, is there anything I should know/look for before making the deal?
And for my noob question.. Do I have to become a member (paid) to have a custom avatar?
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to joining the family soon
i'd do a search first as you'll find a wealth of info here....but off the top of my head, yes it's a good deal, people are able to get invoice but $500 over is good enough for me if i found the color combo i wanted.
make sure they take out the spring spacers and read the manual so you can fill up your gas tank
Old 02-05-2005, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by hpark' date='Feb 5 2005, 10:31 AM
make sure they take out the spring spacers and read the manual so you can fill up your gas tank
Thanks for your reply!
Is it common that the dealer forgets to take out the spacers?
Please elaborate on filling the tank.
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:41 AM
ayS

that's a pretty good deal. what apr rate are you getting or are you planing on buying the whole thing right there.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:49 AM

I just took delivery of an 05 on Tuesday night. I paid $32000 total for the car. Check edmunds.com, you'll find what the going rate for one is. I would think they might be cheaper on the west coast, since the enter the US there and have to be shipped back east, but I guess alot depends on the local market. You have better weather there during the winter. Good luck.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gretzky' date='Feb 5 2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks for your reply!
Is it common that the dealer forgets to take out the spacers?
Please elaborate on filling the tank.
Thanks!
He is just referring to where the button is to pop the gas tank. Its inside the doorwell right bove the VIN sticker. Also the secret compartment is on top of the glove box, inbetween the seats.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by ayS' date='Feb 5 2005, 10:41 AM
that's a pretty good deal. what apr rate are you getting or are you planing on buying the whole thing right there.
I will be purchasing outright
Old 02-05-2005, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by silvs2knvb' date='Feb 5 2005, 11:01 AM
He is just referring to where the button is to pop the gas tank. Its inside the doorwell right bove the VIN sticker. Also the secret compartment is on top of the glove box, inbetween the seats.
Ah, that is good to know
Old 02-05-2005, 10:20 AM

[quote name='jimcarson' date='Feb 5 2005, 10:49 AM'] I just took delivery of an 05 on Tuesday night.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:34 AM

I bought a silverstone 2005 (black interior) a few months ago and bought it for just a little under your price, and I had them throw in a Honda OEM car cover. Based on the desirability of the color combo you want, I think what your paying is not out of line. Edmunds on-line can give you a good idea what others are paying, and as I recall, its zip code focused.

Also, consumer reports on-line has a service where you can buy a report on true dealer invoice pricing and info on discounts the dealers get that make the invoice price a little less, etc. I think the report is $10-15.

Quick Reply: About to buy an 05 S2000