S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Am I wasting my S2000?

Old 06-27-2006, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jo2,Jun 27 2006, 02:59 PM
it's a honda not a ferrari.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Mine is a daily driver. I zaino it every month, and park 2 miles away from any other car at work or anywhere else, but I also drive it in the rain, don't fret if it gets dirty (in fact it's pretty dirty right now), drive it to the grocery store, cleaners, the beach, etc. Do I worry that it might get scratched or dented? - yes. Do I let this fear prevent me from enjoying my car? - not at all. It's going to get dirty, and scratched and, it's going to get rock chips, but at least I will enjoy driving it around.

Enjoy it now! It's a hell of a car, but it's still just a car.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM

Yeah, unfortunately I don't get to drive mine enough either, it just sits in the garage. It's a 2002 with 22K on it. I have to drive a business car to work, and I drive all day. If I could drive the S at work, I believe I would do a better job
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM

I agree with Erik S. I drive my S to work and the drive home helps me wind down.
I bought my S in December and for the first couple of months it was so nasty and rainy I left it in the garage. I'd go out and just smile at the beauty of the S, but then my son's car died and I decided he could have my old accord. Since then the S is my only car. Everytime I get to drive I am happy.
I think you deserve more happiness too. Give your old beater to a poor friend or relative or a charity and enjoy your wonderful car.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:42 PM

I think I'm in your camp OP.. I only drive my s2k for pleasure ant not for work/errands. It bothers me too much to park in public parking lots so I'd rather not. I do autoX though, so I don't think it's "wasted"
Old 06-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove my 2005 to the lake today(and yesterday) to go fishing. Could have drove the Toyota Avalon or ford Ranger, but why??
I drive the S2K as often as I can. My other cars are BORING!
Gotta go for a ride,see ya!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:56 PM

Yes, you're wasting a perfectly good sports car. I drive mine to work. It's a good stress reliever after a hard day at work.
I dunno man. I hit city traffic in my commute to work. Its about 60 miles daily round trip. Granted, my second car is really comfortable, but some mornings, I just like drinking my coffee with the heated seats and autobox for the commute. The S seems like I need energy to drive. Its not like I'm getting old, but working all day even in an office takes it out of you if its stressful.

I don't drive the S sometimes because sometimes of rain, heat, etc. I hate getting it all waxed up then, have it rain on it! I'd be washing it every other day! The shitty thing is that you can't drive around in a nice roadster thats dirty! Its different on a SUV or a Sedan, its ok for it to be a little dirty.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:19 PM

Dang you guys are either hardcore or have a buttload of time on your hands. Mine hasn't been washed in a few months, the interior is dusty as heck from driving with the top down all the time, I have a dent in the trunk lid (hit & run), the drivers left side bolster has a hole in it from getting in and out of it wearing my cargo shorts. It's just a car, there are a buttload of them around , it's a old design .

One last thing, the rim are sporting a blacked out powder coated look from all the last minute full on braking I love to do.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:29 PM

CARNUTMAMA Give the beater to a love one or a friend who needs it...and enjoy your car. It will serve a better purpose with you in it, than IT in your garage..

For Gods sake, put at least 500 miles on your car this weekend and call me in the morning. If symptoms persist, S2KI will send you to the DRAGON in August and you will understand what the hell everyone is talking about!!!!

Be safe..

Erick
Old 06-27-2006, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by BUDRISS,Jun 27 2006, 03:05 PM
The car is engineered and designed to be driven, so yes you are wasting your money.

Mine is daily driven
I see what you are saying but i just found it funny. What car wouldnt be designed to be driven? hahaha... maybe thats your point.... DRIVE IT!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:40 PM

No, you are not waisting your S2000 at all. Just make sure not to hit VTEC and not put the top down on the few times a year you drive it!

That way you will miss all the fun of not driving her as a vert and not VTEC'ing her

But you will have a nearly new S2000 when you are 85 of age, maybe your doctor will prevent you from driving it then because fun is not allowed anymore by that time and your pacemaker is incompatible with the 9K redline

Quick Reply: Am I wasting my S2000?