S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Animals on or near your s2k

Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Animals on or near your s2k

For some reason every night my neighbors cat or cats in general in near my house like to sleep on top of my car. They like the soft top I guess and sometimes like to scratch and stretch on my car.
Does anyone else have this problem.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-sC-vSIXk [/media]
Old 06-10-2010, 05:32 PM

Not cats, but seagulls are a biggie here in San Diego... they just walk all over the 2000 with their muddy, sandy feet and they leave a surprise for you before they fly off....
Old 06-10-2010, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg, LOL
Old 06-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Wow. The cats scratch my tires too
Old 06-10-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had this precise problem. I put some moth balls in some mesh and placed it around my car for about a week and the cat has stayed away since. I did trade the soft top in on a CR (hard top), but the cat stayed off my previous S for the few months before I made the trade (and after it ripped a small hole in the soft top). It's cheap to try, but those moth balls smell - choose where you keep them (when not protecting (hopefully) your car) carefully. I tried it with a certain amount of incredulity, but something kept that cat away from my car.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:34 PM

There was this one time during the winter when I dropped by a friend's house. He got inside my car and forgot his wallet inside his house so he quickly went to go grab it and left the passenger door open. I was toying around with my head unit and a dog came out of nowhere and jumped inside my car. It wasn't a small dog either. I'm guessing he got lost and it was cold outside so I let him stay inside. He had a collar but no name tag. I called up animal services and told them that a dog ran into my car (I worded my sentence wrong) and they started freaking out and then my friend pointed out that I told them that a dog ran INTO my car making them think I had hit a dog. So I clarified and said that the dog ran inside my car. We found the owner about 10 minutes later.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM

car cover with spikes on top might solve this problem.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by shamusodoofus,Jun 11 2010, 03:34 AM
There was this one time during the winter when I dropped by a friend's house. He got inside my car and forgot his wallet inside his house so he quickly went to go grab it and left the passenger door open. I was toying around with my head unit and a dog came out of nowhere and jumped inside my car. It wasn't a small dog either. I'm guessing he got lost and it was cold outside so I let him stay inside. He had a collar but no name tag. I called up animal services and told them that a dog ran into my car (I worded my sentence wrong) and they started freaking out and then my friend pointed out that I told them that a dog ran INTO my car making them think I had hit a dog. So I clarified and said that the dog ran inside my car. We found the owner about 10 minutes later.
cool story
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha. Yes my neighbor has all these nasty cats in his yard that end up sleeping either on my hood, or top. They havent done any real damage, but they have left alot of light scratches on my hood that came out with some polish though. So no biggie. I did get pissed once b/c one kept coming back and scratching it, so I shot it with a cheap air bb gun. That was like 6 months ago and I see that cat everyday still. Doesnt sleep on my car anymore! (ohh and btw, I just walked up to it and it just jumped off..then I shot it. I didnt intend to kill it or anything, that old cheap bb gun hardly leaves a mark from a few feet away. So I just startled it.)

Quick Reply: Animals on or near your s2k