S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another accident to report...need advice too.

Old 10-31-2001, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another accident to report...need advice too.

Well, don't I feel stupid. 2 minutes form the end of my daily commute and then BAM! I went into a right turn a little too fast and lost the back end. The rear end went left, I over corrected and it went right. I then T-boned a Chevy coming in the opposite direction. Scarry stuff.
I walked away okay...just a little stiffness. The woman driving the other car was treated and released. Thank goodness she is okay.
I have not heard from the insurance adjuster yet (just happened yesterday). Looks like a lot of front end damage. The bumper was trashed, fron quarter panels are bent and the hood buckeled. No idea about the frame ot suspension.
I' m looking for advice as to how to approach my insurance company. At what point is a car considered "totaled" and more importantly, how do I assure that I get "quality" repair work done?
The ultimate irony in this story is that the renatl car company gave me a car identical to the one that I hit.
Old 10-31-2001, 05:29 AM

that sux dude.
only good part is if you wanted to make any mods now's your chance once you get the insurance check =)

see there's always a bright side
Old 10-31-2001, 10:30 AM

That sucks. To make sure I get quality work done, I usually get recommendations from friends on the good bodyshops in the area. Definitely go down to the shop and look around to seewhat kind of cars they are working on and how the shop area looks. It's always nice to go to a S2000 authorized bodyshop, but there are not a lot of those around. I know of one, but it's all the way out here in So Cal.

Good luck with the repairs.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:44 AM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Make sure the frame is not damaged... Get recommendations from people in your area, or go to the Honda dealer and ask them if they could do it. Dealers usually do quality paint work.

Glad no one was hurt...

Keep us posted and good luck,

Jallel
Old 10-31-2001, 11:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

usually your car is totalled if the cost to repair approaches the cost to replace...
sounds like you hit the gas too hard in a sharp turn- somewhat similar to what i did early on with my car. fortunately in my case the only thing in my way was a curb!
glad you are o.k.-
report back when you hear from the insurance co
Old 10-31-2001, 01:38 PM

As the owner of a body shop, and owner of an S2k, let me give you some details.

All Insurance companies work differently. Your vehicle can be declared a total two different ways

1) Structural total - whereas it would be unsafe to repair the vehicle (this will most likely not happen) You can tell a structural total, thats when you can't recognize what kind of car you own

2) Economical total loss - Whereas the repair cost is more than the 70% - 90% (depending on Insurance company) of the cost of the vehicle. The only time they would repair the car is when the same replacement vehicle will cost more to get than the vehicle you own.

There is really no good way for you to approach an Insurance company. Find a shop you can trust, and let them handle it. We have the expierience. Don't worry about aftermarket and used crash parts. They are not available. No company manufactures aftermarket parts for the S2k, and there aren't enough totaled ones sitting in salvage yards.

We would be more than happy to repair it for you. We are used to people coming from out of state to have us work on their cars.
Just ask SondraS2K, she drove hers from Texas, just to have minor repairs done. When it comes to the S2000, just ask anyone on this board, we know what we are doing.

Feel free to email me with any questions,

Larry
Body Werks
Larry@BodyWerksAuto.com
-------------------------------------
00 Custom painted Yellow S2000 (America's fastest One)
Supercharged, NOS, Mugen header, Apex Vtec controller, Mugen Body kit, 19" Racing Harts, and a lot of new goodies that no one will ever see!!!
Old 11-01-2001, 03:55 AM

Larry:
Thank you. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I hope to hear someting form the insurance company today. They don't seem to be in a real hurry to get an adjuster out to look at it. I will let you know what I find out.
Again, thanks. You have been very helpful.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:58 AM

Let me know what Insurance company you are dealing with.

I am a direct repair facility for most mayor carriers, and I might beable to help with your claim.

I did the same for SondraS2K, and it helped get her car back to her quicker.

Email me or call me @ (847) 675-BODY

Larry
Body Werks
Larry@BodyWerksAuto.com
Old 11-01-2001, 04:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jalbrah
[B]Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Make sure the frame is not damaged... Get recommendations from people in your area, or go to the Honda dealer and ask them if they could do it.
Old 11-01-2001, 04:51 PM

OR... you can talk to Larry at Body Werks. Sorry Larry, I didn't mean to under mind you. I really should start reading the entire post before responding with a quote.

Quick Reply: Another accident to report...need advice too.