S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another suspention post

Old 07-18-2006, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another suspention post

Ok, so I'm not a track guy, but I love twisty roads(probaly why i also ride bike). Any way, I've bean reading and have discovered that alot of people seem to like the Eibach Pro-Kit, so I'm thinking of getting those. I realy don't want to lower the car that much, one inch or less would be great. Think the ride hight is rather good, so if someone could suggest a spring with stock ride hight that might be alittle siffer, or a progressive spring rate, I might change my mind. Also I belive when you upgrade the springs, you should upgrade the shocks as well. I've head that Koni adjustibles actualy can bottom out with only a one inch drop, is this true? Now I had great results with KYB AGXs on my Miata, but they bottomed out on the Eclipse GSX, but tokico illuminas worked great on the Eclipse, so i guess what I'm asking is what adjustible shock do you all use on your S2K.

Oh, and when you lower your car do you need some sort of camber kit to align it properly?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:57 PM

I have also heard that the (front) Koni shocks have less compression damping, and that would definately be a problem with the Pro Kit. The Pro Kit springs were designed to work with the stock shocks, but Eibach does sell aftermarket shocks that are supposed to be optomized for the kit.

After you drop an inch you're going to have to have the car aligned, but a good alignment man will not have any problem getting the alignment right. Some owners (or alignment shops) have had problems getting the alignment right after a drop, but the fix is simply a matter of finding the right alignment shop/technician.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Are there any other aftermarket shocks for the s2k besides the konis?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:43 AM

I'm sure there are. I'm sure KYB does, or Tokico, and so on. But does any one have any experiance with these shocks or others, I'm looking for adjustibles. They were great to have on my other cars. Softer when picking up the GF, then adjusted to stiffer when searching for twistys.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:01 AM

I just read a post titled "Coil Over vs Ground Control w Koni's" and them seem to say that the Konis do not bottom out. That the shaft is shorter than the stock shocks... I wish info on this was a little more consistant. It would make buy alot more easyer.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:24 AM

^^ The shock isn't what is bottoming, it's the suspension itself, which is more likely to bottom if the shocks have less compression damping.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:25 AM

^^ BTW, I am NOT certain that the Koni's have less compression damping; That's just what I've read here on S2kI.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:32 PM

I am running Eibachs and just ordered Konis. I've heard by many people they will stiffen the ride considerably and is one of the preferred setups for the S. And then I hear this. Inconsistensy is right. I guess I'll know soon.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:22 PM

Rev Happy, keep me informed when you get them installed and your impressions on the setup.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:42 PM

Yeah, let us know Rev Happy; I will likely be running the same setup as you if the results are favorable.

Quick Reply: Another suspention post