S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Any current Hagerty Insurance customers here?

Old 07-16-2018, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swear by hagerty. It’s the only policy that truly fits the use of my s2k at a ultra low price compared to my other coverages on my primary vehicle
Old 07-16-2018, 04:08 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Hagerty only asked me for one photo of my car, but I went ahead and sent them ten images. The pictures pretty much tell the story of the car. We set the agreed (guaranteed) value at $25K. State Farm on the other hand wouldn't do an agreed value policy. They would only consider putting together a stated value policy (this still isn't guaranteed) after the car was inspected by someone of their choosing (these were the two outfits that recommended Hagerty to me). I can understand the desire to have someone inspect the car and I would have been open to that, but to jump through those hoops and then still not be able to obtain an agreed value policy just didn't make sense to me. To top it all off, the agreed value policy with Hagerty came in at around 40% less than what State Farm was charging (not including the agreed value figure). Or looking at it differently, I was paying 40% more with State Farm and I'm guessing that they likely would pay out around 40% less (maybe even lower) than what Hagerty would in a total loss scenario.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

I'm assuming most of you guys worked out something over the phone? I tried their online quote and the numbers were astronomical lol.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:19 PM

Correct, I called into the toll free number listed on their website.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Correct, I called into the toll free number listed on their website.
Thanks, I'll probably do that tomorrow. For whatever reason their online tool is messed up, it won't let me enter a value under $30,000, and I spent a lot of time navigating around trying to find what I feel best described my vehicle in terms of use and ownership, but ultimately I think I need another human being on the line to build a reliable quote vs a computer just giving me pre-determined algorithm; something that's not 6k a year lol. Right now as a simple add-on to my insurance policy the S2k costs around $1500 a year to insure fully, conversely Hagerty wanted 6k lol. 30 yrs old with a clean driving record....
Old 07-18-2018, 10:36 PM

Let us know how it works out. Hopefully you can do better than $1500/year.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:01 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

did you get them to cover your AP2? when i go on their site for a quote, the only S2000 options are 00-03
Old 07-20-2018, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
did you get them to cover your AP2? when i go on their site for a quote, the only S2000 options are 00-03
Yep, no problem at all. They just don't have the '04+ cars loaded into their online tools database yet, including their car Valuation Tool. But they'll likely be getting around to adding these year models to their online tools sometime soon as they just added a new S2000 Buyer's Guide to their site a few days ago. They also provide a link titled "Can't find your vehicle?" located in their Valuation Tool when searching for S2000 valuations on their site. That pulls up a page where you can submit other specific S2000 year models that you'd like to see them add to their database.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, I found that it was best just to call the toll free number that is listed on Hagerty's website. I found that everyone that I spoke with at Hagerty was incredibly helpful.

Last edited by GuthNW; 07-20-2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: added content
The following users liked this post:
Chris_Lum (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 11:27 AM

Received 1,201 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kys
I'm assuming most of you guys worked out something over the phone? I tried their online quote and the numbers were astronomical lol.
100% online for me. Pricing was the same as my current insurer but with a $17k agreed upon value (on an 01 with 130,000 miles), better roadside assistance, etc. The only time I spoke on the phone was when the called to ask me to send pictures. So the online tool worked perfectly for me.

Blown away at your numbers! My previous insurance and Hagerty were both approx $600/year with the Hagerty option being better coverage/garaunteed value. My record is clean and I am 42, so maybe that helped a bit.

As a gauge, my insurance (before putting the S on Hagerty) for a '13 Tacoma (full coverage), '01 4runner (full coverage), '05 Scion tC (Full coverage), the S2k (full coverage) and a 1994 Chevy K1500 (liability only) was only about $1,600 per year though Ameriprise/IDS. It went up a few hundred and I was appalled and am changing companies on all my cars. I cant imagine paying multiple thousands for ONE car a year! Hope you find something better!
Old 07-20-2018, 01:07 PM

Okay, here's the whole scoop as best as I can relate it. Besides one's driving record, your age and other personal aspects such as how much of a credit risk you present (your credit information is accessed via LexisNexus) come into play for setting rates. With Hagerty, my premium for the S2000 is $592/year. This is for a model year 2005 with 27K miles and a guaranteed value of $25K with a $0 deductible for the following coverage — Bodily Injury: $100K/person, $300K/accident; Property Damage: $100K/accident; Personal Injury Protection: $15K/person per accident; Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury: $100K/person, $300K/accident; Uninsured Motorists Property Damage: $70K/accident. I also enrolled in the Hagerty Plus program at the Premium Plan level for an additional $60/year. This brings my total annual charges to $652. The Hagerty Plus program also includes "Standard" ($35/year) and "High-Octane" ($150/year) levels. Amongst other things the Hagerty Plus program adds such things as roadside assistance with guaranteed flatbed towing, a subscription to the Hagerty magazine, some sort of extra parts finding resources (I doubt I could do any better than s2ki.com for this) and exclusive discounts on automotive related goods and services. With the Hagerty Plus program the level you choose impacts the amount of extra benefit coverage such as how many total miles of towing are covered per incident. This is pretty much how services like AAA do it as well. The Hagerty Plus program is optional, so if you already have as service like AAA that you're happy with then you can forgo this.

I'm guessing that others might obtain a better rate than I did, but for the sake of comparison State Farm was charging me over $900/year for less than comparable coverage and that was with a multi-car discount, a good-drivers discount and a low annual mileage discount already in place. I don't want to come across as complaining about State Farm. As I mentioned earlier when it comes to claims they've been great to us when we've needed them in the past and it's hard to put a value on that. However, State Farm just isn't setup to deal with classic/collector/pleasure cars the way an outfit like Hagerty is. Besides that, I needed to have the daily drivers covered by someone else in order for Hagerty to cover the S2000.

Quick Reply: Any current Hagerty Insurance customers here?