S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anybody Shopping The Chicago Dealers For A New S2k???????

Old 07-06-2002, 10:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody Shopping The Chicago Dealers For A New S2k???????

I was wondering if anybody has been shopping the dealers in the Chicagoland area lately?? If so, how have the prices been??? Still cheap even though its summer???

Also, if anybody has any feeback about their buying experience with any dealers in the Chicago area and you have not already wrote about on the board please reply.

All the advice and feedback you guys have is invaluable for us when shopping, especially with all of the shady things you hear about happening with certain dealers.....

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

Old 07-07-2002, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my own personal experience.. stay away from Grand, and Schaumburg. I have bought 3 Hondas- 2 Accord EXVL's and the S2000 all from Castle Honda in Morton Grove. They have been the most honest, straightforward dealership I have ever worked with. Motor Werks is also a good bet, but they may ask Sticker price.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:54 PM

Yes, I have heard several bad things about Grand Honda...
They will tell you anything to get you in the showroom and then try to scam you when you get there....

I am not sure how they get away with it, but some dealers will take a deposit and promise you a car when they know they cannot deliver.......
Old 07-08-2002, 01:10 PM

I've been to a few Honda dealers two weeks ago, havent got the time to shop around again...

Lilse had the best service and gave me a $300 dollar off... $34,954.18 out the door for a brand new one... They let me test drive a demo in Yellow with all the options they have for the car... Had about 3500miles and the salesmen even let me put the pedal to the metal!!! Cool guy...

Loeber Honda had ok service and they dont have any in stock...

Continental had good service and had a Red S2k in the lot with 127miles at the time when i test drove one... Best they could do for me was $34,000 out the door since its been there for quit some time now... They needed to get rid of it...

Schaumburg Honda gave me great service and let me test drive a 01 and not much talk there...

Castle Honda gave me some what of an attitude when i was there so i just walked out on the salesmen... He was all leaning on this show room car... Well, i souldnt judge them by just one salesmen... I will go back soon and find out some prices...
Old 07-08-2002, 01:14 PM

S2kJer- didnt u send me a Email regarding prices about the S2k recently??? U said u were gonna reply with some prices u got... Whatever happen to that???
Old 07-08-2002, 01:34 PM

I ordered one from Jacobs' Twin. It's going to be a month before it arrives. The prices are great, and I haven't had any problems so far. If anyone else has please let me know.
Old 07-08-2002, 01:36 PM

What did they quote you at Jacobs Honda?
Anything off MSRP???

Originally posted by geezer
I ordered one from Jacobs' Twin. It's going to be a month before it arrives. The prices are great, and I haven't had any problems so far. If anyone else has please let me know.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by JTAM128
I've been to a few Honda dealers two weeks ago, havent got the time to shop around again...

Lilse had the best service and gave me a $300 dollar off... $34,954.18 out the door for a brand new one... They let me test drive a demo in Yellow with all the options they have for the car... Had about 3500miles and the salesmen even let me put the pedal to the metal!!! Cool guy...

Loeber Honda had ok service and they dont have any in stock...

Continental had good service and had a Red S2k in the lot with 127miles at the time when i test drove one... Best they could do for me was $34,000 out the door since its been there for quit some time now... They needed to get rid of it...

Schaumburg Honda gave me great service and let me test drive a 01 and not much talk there...

Castle Honda gave me some what of an attitude when i was there so i just walked out on the salesmen... He was all leaning on this show room car... Well, i souldnt judge them by just one salesmen... I will go back soon and find out some prices...
Looks like you haven't dealt with the internet salesperson, correct?

I got better quotes from some of these dealers via email, and I live in CA!

Aren't prices in AZ wilting with the summer heat?
Old 07-08-2002, 02:17 PM

Forgot to mention, I have heard good things about Planet Honda in Orland Park.. but I don't know anything about them personally
Old 07-08-2002, 04:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maveric
[B]

Looks like you haven't dealt with the internet salesperson, correct?

I got better quotes from some of these dealers via email, and I live in CA!

Quick Reply: Anybody Shopping The Chicago Dealers For A New S2k???????