S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

anyone bought a bra...

Old 01-22-2002, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and havnt use it because I have black and if u get any sort of debris, small as it may be, it WILL scratch or make fine scratches in your clear coat It shows up more cuz its a dark color

Wanna buy mine?..

Never been used, still in its box...still in its plastic... LOL
Old 01-22-2002, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by w1ngman
[B]I truely doubt mine is a design flaw that caused the release over the driver's fender on that single bracket (1 of 4, I believe it is, per side).
Old 01-22-2002, 09:38 PM

I've been using my original design colgan bra "off and on" since I picked up my S2000 on 8/2000 (and 44k miles later) and have mixed reviews.

Mine fits snug and has never had a fastener come loose during a drive. However, I have experienced the "ballooning" effect over both headlights and can definately attribute it to sustained high-speed driving. I have also noticed a fine line of scratches across the hood/fenders at the bra's edge. My guess as to the cause of these scratches is the combination of the high speed driving/occasional Texas downpour/accumulated dirt under the edges that perform a little "wet-sanding" action.

It is a fine product and does everything its been made to do. You just need to remove the dirt from around the edges periodically to keep the scratches to a minimum.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:26 PM

Can you still use the BRA if you have any kind of front lip ? like the OEM front lip?
Old 01-23-2002, 05:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is a pic of mine:

Picture of the Colgan Bra on a Spa Yellow S2000

Bra won't work with OEM chin spoiler but people have gotten it to work with the Coastal Metals front grill.

Properly installed it will stay in place with no problems. If someone is having a problem with one of the hooks coming loose it's probably caused by them not putting the hooks between the plastic inner fender well and the metal. I'm not crazy about the way it installs in between the metal and the plastic but that is the design.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2k Dude
[B]Here is a pic of mine:

Picture of the Colgan Bra on a Spa Yellow S2000

Bra won't work with OEM chin spoiler but people have gotten it to work with the Coastal Metals front grill.

Properly installed it will stay in place with no problems.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:00 AM

I'm disappointed with the Colgan Bra. I've apparently never managed to get it on correctly, and on the two long drives on which I tried to use it, the "eyebrows" billowed and the fender areas blew off constantly. I don't remember how many times I pulled over to reattach the damn thing. I've got an aerospace engineering degree but this thing has mystified me. It sits unused in my garage. I should have called and complained...

Interesting, someone mentioned stuffing the fender clips UNDER the plastic... there's no room to do that but I might whip that sucker out and try it.

Nevertheless, it's not well engineered. There's probably a reason Honda doesn't make an OEM nose mask for this car.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The instructions I got with my Colgan bra said to use the little piece of plastic (provided with the bra kit) to create a gap between the fender and and the plastic fender liner and insert the bra clips between the fender metal (top) and the fender plastic liner (bottom). My recollection is that you have to perform this evolution on the top two clips on each side. My bra works great until I get above 90 mph and then I have high frequency flapping at the edge of the bra above the drivers side headlight.

I have the Coastal Metals grill guard installed (which fits fine with the bra on), so when I wash the car (once a month or so) I have to remove the grill guard (two screws) and then remove the bra.

It's a very bad idea to wash the car with the bra installed. In fact if you drive in the rain with the bra installed you should take the bra off at the first opportunity to allow it dry out completely. Moisture trapped between the bra and your paint will tend to soften the paint. Also if you wax your bumper/hood you should wait a few days before installing the bra for the wax to dry out. Wax also contains moisture that if trapped can tend to soften paint.

In case your wondering I think it's a really good idea to use a bra to protect your front end. Although it's a bit inconvienent, it's far less expensive than StoneGuard and just as effective. You can also remove it at any time and in my opinion it gives the front end of the car a bit of a snarly look.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gloffer
[B]The instructions I got with my Colgan bra said to use the little piece of plastic (provided with the bra kit) to create a gap between the fender and and the plastic fender liner and insert the bra clips between the fender metal (top) and the fender plastic liner (bottom). My recollection is that you have to perform this evolution on the top two clips on each side. My bra works great until I get above 90 mph and then I have high frequency flapping at the edge of the bra above the drivers side headlight.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by S2k Dude

Yes, I wish Honda followed through with making a bra that properly fit the S2000.
The OEM bra for the ITR was the best fitting bra I've ever seen. I also had hoped that Honda would make a bra for the S2000 with the same fit and quality.

After almost 1.5 years and 44k miles later, my car has plenty of rock chips all over the hood and fenders beyond the colgan bra's coverage. I gave up on trying to keep the car perfect and just try to keep it looking real good. And yes, I still get a smile when I look at my S2000.

Quick Reply: anyone bought a bra...