S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone have a good S2K Assetto Corsa model?

Old 07-01-2022, 09:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone have a good S2K Assetto Corsa model?

Hello. New S2K owner (and new to this forum) but not new to cars or tracking them. We have a dedicated sim which we use for fun and track prep.

Having just picked up a S2K, I went searching for a S2K model for it. All I could find was a RHD version and it was not done all that well.
Does anyone have a good S2K model or know where you can download one?

Here is our sim setup with my son practicing on a Lotus at VIR

Old 07-03-2022, 08:38 PM

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow. That is an awesome setup!

Handling characteristics are very accurate. It's a little bit slower straight line speed compared to real life but will be perfect for training.
That uploader has pretty good models, he ports them over from Gran Turismo. The 993 Carrera RS of his has been a favorite of mine.
The following 2 users liked this post by ThreeD:
itsagoodday (07-04-2022), noodels (07-05-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 12:00 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Anyone know how difficult it would be (for someone who knew what they were doing) to modify that to account for suspension mods? IE given spring and swaybar spring rates (or wheel rates) and shock dyno graphs. I'd definitely pay some money to have a realistic version of my car with its mods in AC.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by ThreeD
Wow. That is an awesome setup!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkh-...nel=Esprit3905

Handling characteristics are very accurate. It's a little bit slower straight line speed compared to real life but will be perfect for training.
That uploader has pretty good models, he ports them over from Gran Turismo. The 993 Carrera RS of his has been a favorite of mine.
WOW! Thanks so much! I will get it installed and report back.

Unfortunately, looks like we are in for trans swap (in real life) on the s2k we picked up. I knew that 3rd gear synchro might be shot, but now I am 99% sure that is the case. Get to turn some wrenches now!

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2022, 07:43 PM

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I've been looking for a decent model for a S2000 for a while. The closest I've gotten to feel in game has been the Elise... Unfortunately, there isn't a good S2000 model.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by manchild83
I've been looking for a decent model for a S2000 for a while. The closest I've gotten to feel in game has been the Elise... Unfortunately, there isn't a good S2000 model.
The elise, just as in real life is VERY difficult to get to spin. From what I have been told, the S2K is not nearly as neutral. Was hoping to find something that modeled that.

Also for any practical use, the shift points and speed have to align so you can practice on a track and understand shift points and what gears you are upshifting and down shifting into for corners etc. I am not sure the Elise is any use there in that regard.

I have not had a chance to install the one posted, but I will report back.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:04 AM

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

You could try the Lotus Exige 240 R and adjust the suspension and tire pressures to make it oversteer a bit more. The Amuse S2000 (https://mega.nz/file/O4dBWQQZ#M5mbKm...xWtr6xcX3waDG4) is close but it takes a lot of adjustment and fiddling with boost settings and suspension to get the car to act like a modified S2000, let alone stock.

Short of making the model I think your best bet may be to modify the Elise or Exige to change their gear ratios and power slightly in your content folder with notepad++.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by manchild83
You could try the Lotus Exige 240 R and adjust the suspension and tire pressures to make it oversteer a bit more. The Amuse S2000 (https://mega.nz/file/O4dBWQQZ#M5mbKm...xWtr6xcX3waDG4) is close but it takes a lot of adjustment and fiddling with boost settings and suspension to get the car to act like a modified S2000, let alone stock.

Short of making the model I think your best bet may be to modify the Elise or Exige to change their gear ratios and power slightly in your content folder with notepad++.

Interesting. I did not know you can manipulate the model in the folders. Will have to check that out.

Would you mind sharing any of the mods you have done to the s2k to get it close? Would love try to get it even if not perfect. We use the Elise a lot and since our elise is HEAVILY modified, it is not perfect either, but gear ratios and braking points translate well.

That is the biggest thing you need to get right to do track prep. Also getting kind of an understanding of the overseer would be nice. The elise is so stable, that I want my son to learn that the S2k is not as forgiving. In the end, at some point we will get him on track in it, but going to keep it normal and not looking to do extensive mods. Just leaving it as a fun 'daily'.

Current mods that came on car are bc coliovers, cold air intake, headers and greddy exhaust, and a strut tower brace, and 17" wheels and tires.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:22 AM

Received 565 Likes on 395 Posts

The "Legendary" s2k from gentle mind performance is pretty good one you get it setup properly. Turn the turbo down to 0% to simulate an NA S2k. Use street tires and the "Replace tyres" feature in Content Manager. This pretty closely simulates an S2k with a big wing and square tires. You do have to fiddle around with the suspension and differential settings a little bit to get it to feel like a track s2k.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Ooh, glad I found this thread. I'll need to try some of the cars listed here.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a good S2K Assetto Corsa model?