S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone traded a Prelude for a S2K?

Old 06-16-2003, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone traded a Prelude for a S2K?

Hello all , I currently own a 99 Prelude Type SH and I'm thinking about selling it. It's nice and everything, but I constantly dream about owning an S2k. I understand that practicality would be lost when owning an S2K, but it would be enough for my needs now. If anyone can give me some insight on your experience w/ the two cars, especially if the S2K is your daily driver. Thanks
Old 06-16-2003, 09:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my S2k as a daily driver and really it is being wasted as one. It is stuck in stop and go traffic and it isn't the best car to be stuck in grid-lock.

The Prelude I think is a more reliable car as well, less mechanical problems compared to the S. You have to pamper the S more wear a hat more will get burnt more in the S

I wished I had kept my Prelude actually, good versatile car for daily driving. I would keep your SH, save the money and get a candy car later and have the Prelude for a daily driver and a candy car on the weekends.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:28 PM

Seems everyone who had an RSX-S is enjoying their S2000 much more, and the RSX-S stock wise is pretty comparable to the Prelude. Maybe better? Anymore insight on this topic?
Old 06-16-2003, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I traded my 97 Prelude SH for an S. The only thing that I see that was sacrificed was some trunk space. I never liked to drive people around so the back seats were seldom used. The S is way more fun to drive and is faster and better handling then the Lude no matter how it's modified. The only thing with the S is that there is no being inconspicuous with it. My Lude was a looker with the usual rims and body kit but still didn't stand out like the S. The car turns heads at every light I pull up to, but I guess I knew it would happen when I bought the car and subconsiously wanted it. The only other thing is that aftermarket parts are more expensive. I don't regret trading it in at all. Best natuarlly aspirated 4 cyclinder vehicle on the market.

Good luck with your choice, but I say go for it you'll instantly love the S.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:29 PM

I got rid of my '99 Prelude Type SH for a S2K. I thought I would never get rid of my Prelude, then I test drove the S2000. The next day the Prelude had a for sale sign on it. If you thought the Prelude was a fun ride, wait until you hop into a S2000. And your not losing anything space wise with the 2000. You couldn't fit a regular size adult in the bucket back seats of the Prelude anyway. No one ever sat in the back seats. My Prelude was not a daily driver (4yrs old and only 25K miles) and neither is the S, thats just the way I perfer it. I have a second car that I take to the store, movies, etc. The S is my weekend cruiser and it takes the 8 mile drive back and forth to work everyday.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:16 AM

There was a little sadness handing the keys over to the dealer when I traded my SH in.

That changed quickly driving my new S home.

Although I really enjoyed the Prelude, a fantastic car I drove for years, the S2000 is just too much fun.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:34 AM

I had a Prelude 2001 - 5spd ... i went to the dealer and traded it for a S2000 '03 ..

I miss the lude. very reliable , no strange noises , no frequent visits for warranty .... But the S is convertible and is more fun to drive than the Lude.

I wish i could've kept both cars.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:42 AM

I just traded in my 98 Prelude for an S2000. I've owned three Preludes, and all of them never got really any back seat use. Is the S2k practical? No. Is it versatile? No. Is it beautiful? Oh yea!!!
Buy the way, the Prelude wasn't the best car for winter driving, and the S2k is worse. I bought an old Civic for winter and running errands.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 97 base, then 98 base, then the S. no comparison, I dont miss the ludes one bit. Different league of car I guess.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:54 AM

I had a 1993 Prelude vtec, and drove it to 96,000 miles.
Good car.

My 2002 S2000 has 8500 on it now (4500 of the miles in 2 trips)
GREAT CAR

Neither car is/was my daily driver.

Both cars made noises, needed repairs, blah...blah...blah.
(the S2000 has not needed repairs yet, but I'm expecting it will, it's a CAR)

Prelude was better in the snow, but you live in Louisiana and snow is not a problem. Prelude had more room to put stuff in (bigger trunk and back seat, if you can call it that). The S2000 is a more fun car to drive and has a secrete compartment.

So ask yourself, do you want more room, or MORE FUN and a secrete compartment?

Quick Reply: Anyone traded a Prelude for a S2K?