S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

autoprobuys.com

Old 07-30-2018, 07:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default autoprobuys.com

Does anyone have any experience or has anyone used this company? I found a '00 s2000 near me on Craigslist (1.5 hour away), one owner mid 60's lady, white with red interior 57k miles with a new top with glass window for $13k. She posted it on Craigslist late Sunday evening and early Monday morning I had made contact with her. We were staring to make arrangements for me to come look at (and most certainly buy) the car. By the time I got off work this afternoon, someone from this site had already came and paid her cash for the car. These guys are fast and will most certainly make a nice profit as well. Very disappointing to say the least.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:31 PM

Received 1,555 Likes on 924 Posts

All I can say is that the cars and a few other items I bother putting on CL (priced to sell) have sold so fast I can't believe it. In less than an hour I have several calls and people are on their way.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:23 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

When I make plans to buy something of significance that is for sale by owner I let the seller know that provided the item is as advertised, I'll be coming to actually buy that item, not just to look. If an agreement is made to meet at a specific time for this purpose and the seller does not have the integrity to hold said item for me until that time comes around then I'll chalk it up to luck. If the person's morals are such that they can't hold up their end of a simple agreement then there's no telling how just far they might have gone in misrepresenting the item to begin with.

When I've sold things, I honor the order in which I received legitimate contact from potential buyers. In other words, the first person to contact me to let me know that they want to buy what it is I'm selling gets the first shot at scheduling a time to come and take a look at the item with the intent of buying. If we can come to a reasonable agreement on a time to meet then I'll hold the item for sale until that time comes. If that doesn't work out then I'll contact the next person in the queue if they had indicated that the would still be interested. On the other hand if someone contacts me right away with a "would you take less" note, I do not consider that as an intent to buy. Everybody handles these things differently

Last edited by GuthNW; 07-30-2018 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added more details
Old 07-30-2018, 10:44 PM

By the way, on craigslist if a deal seems too good to be true, sometimes it is. There are plenty of scams being run via craigslist. I was exposed to a number of these when I spent a month on the Grand Jury.

Last edited by GuthNW; 07-30-2018 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-31-2018, 05:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just noticed that they are only in Oregon, Southwest WA as well as Bend and Boise. 6 offices so not a large sample size. I was just mainly interested in if anyone had sold a car to them or been "beaten out" by them when trying to purchase a car through a private party. Their speed to get to the seller was incredible.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:00 AM

This is the first time that I’ve heard of them even though I live in the area. Whether it is an operation like that or someone else, there are likely always going to be some aggressive buyers to contend with. My wife and I had the luxury of being able to take the day off of work to go purchase our S the day after it was listed. The car was located three hours away. By the time we arrived there had been multiple other buyers that had tried to buy the car out from underneath us. They told the seller that they could be there in 15 minutes, that they could pay more money and so on. Fortunately the seller held the car for us as promised

After we bought the car, she told us that she was so frustrated with some of the other people who had contacted her (some who did so multiple times in just a few hours) that she would not have sold the car to them even if we had not ended up buying. There are some really aggressive people out there when it comes to buying things like cars.