S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Battle Of The Imports - Vortech Video

Old 09-30-2002, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battle Of The Imports - Vortech Video

The video link below is me running at the track at Virginia Motorsports Park at Battle Of the Imports this weekend. My first time at the track with the Vortech wasn't my best but ok. Next time out I will make sure to bring my stock rims and tires instead of running on 18s, I spun all through first gear and couldn't get any traction. My first/best time was 13.307, 2.195 60 ft, and 108 trap. 1RandyC showed us how it was done by hitting 12 with his Comptech boosting around 10psi. For his exact numbers you will have to ask him. Congrats Randy!

http://www.evolutionautosports.com/MOV01949.MPG

Old 09-30-2002, 05:50 AM

it is very nice... ! and hopefully i will see your car inperson one day.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:27 AM

WOW! Awesome!
Old 09-30-2002, 08:19 AM

very nice....congrats...

Are you racing a cavalier.....I couldn't tell...vid was a little unclear, but i thought it was battle of the IMPORTS....not domestics.... j/k

good run though... do you guys have a vid of Randy running?
Old 09-30-2002, 08:45 AM

Hey M777erlin- Are you running any NOS to help get you off the line?? I know you had it on your car but never knew if you ran it with your S/C
Old 09-30-2002, 08:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bullit
[B]very nice....congrats...
Old 09-30-2002, 09:00 AM

what are you waiting on. Are you strengthening your top end first?
Old 09-30-2002, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do hope your time will be better than that once you get a REAL rubber/wheel combo on that little screamer...
What times are you looking to get?
Where you boosting the same as Randy (10psi)?
Old 09-30-2002, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by 2k1-s2k
what are you waiting on. Are you strengthening your top end first?
You'll see.

Originally posted by My R2
I do hope your time will be better than that once you get a REAL rubber/wheel combo on that little screamer...
What times are you looking to get?
Where you boosting the same as Randy (10psi)?
I hope so too. I plan on doing some radials on my stock rims next time at the track. I did a few "Fun Runs" for the hell of it. I went there to show and couldn't resist so I wasn't really prepared. I was boosting around 7psi. I will defiantly break 12 next time and who knows after I spray.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, Mike you should've posted this under S2000talk forum,
This video deserves to be seen and get hit lot more.
Great video by the way, was this video done after I left?

I must say, I am extremely impressed with Vortech's capability. I have no doubt Mike's car can do 12's if he really pushed it and had been with stock wheels and maybe if he trouble himself to chose to add ice water to his aftercooler.
None of us did burnout and did the high rpm dump(probably no more than 4Krpm) which is even more impressing how the respectable numbers came out.

I only ran twice and the second is where I got the 12.89 sec at 113.12 mph launching at mere 3K rpm. I think I can do better since I held back not wanting to damage my car and also my car is not tuned at all and running extremely rich from RC440cc injectors that my car only start to really move from 4K rpm and on.

I think this really proves that Vortech is much better than Comptech unmodified performance wise and this should be no-brainer for those contemplating between Comptech and Vortech. Only gripe for Vortech is it's much complexity in installation but I think in the end it is all well worth it.

I just shiver at the thought of any Vortech guys brave enough to go with smaller pulleys and increasing boost, my maxed out Compteched S is a toast to be sure.

On the side note, two NA S2000's ran also making strong S2000 presence at the track.
jfys2k's little yellow did better with his recent addition of Mugen ECU than the Sebring owner with Injen intake. However both suffered major clutch slip, Sebring owner suffering total failure.

I have some pics to share so when I done uploading and making it little smaller, I will put them up here.

Anyway big two to Mike's and Jeff's twin Vortech dragons!

Quick Reply: Battle Of The Imports - Vortech Video