S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Best Exhaust for S2K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2001, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust for S2K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have now got enough money and am ready to blow it on some pipes. Been looking around for a new exhaust for a while, now i finally go the money to get one. But i am still very confused about which is the best out their for the money. I care most about the sound (VERY DEEP AND LOUD), everything else comes second, weight,price ect. Should i get the mugen that seems to be overpriced but is 24lb lighter than stock. The Hiper i hear has a great sound to them. I can go on and on, but whats the point. Can some owners of any aftermarket exhaust give me their opinion of their exhaust. (Pros and cons) Thanks ALOT to those who reply.

(PLUS, if anyone is selling please email me or whatever at Ace039@usa.com, I'll be happy to take a reasonable price.)
Old 07-13-2001, 08:16 PM

I have the RMRacing. It is fine. The tips are larger than any of the others and may be louder. To me, a bit too loud! It comes in 3 pieces and is clamped together. The factory ones are one piece (welded). From all that I have found out, there's no noticeable power increase from any of them - regardless of who makes them. I'd rethink the Mugen just because of the weight - 24 lbs will make a difference in the performance of the car - you may not feel it, but that should be measurable. Go to the RMRacing site (you'll find them on Google) and they have a downloadable video and some still shots underneath the car - you can see and hear it. The sound is loudest at midrange when under power and backing down. It looks very good and is well constructed. Hope this helps!
Old 07-13-2001, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HKS and love it, but will probably get the Spoon soon as i have come to like the single tip. PM me if you want the HKS
Mark
Old 07-13-2001, 08:21 PM
P.O.S.2000

If you want volume go with the Neuspeed or the RM Racing. I have read that these exhausts are about 15 pounds lighter than stock.

If you want quietness (compared to all of the other aftermarket exhaust IMO) go with the Mugen. The plus side is that you save 25 pounds as opposed to 15... it is the only exhaust to have titanium if I am not mistaken.

There is no reason to get exhaust for performance gains as they are minimal (5hp if you are lucky) with the S2000.

If I could do it all over again I think I would get the Hyper exhaust. The tips are slightly than the Neuspeeds, but it is consequently slightly louder.

Just my .02
Old 07-13-2001, 08:59 PM
S2R

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ace039
[B]I have now got enough money and am ready to blow it on some pipes. Been looking around for a new exhaust for a while, now i finally go the money to get one. But i am still very confused about which is the best out their for the money.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:11 PM

It sounds like what you're looking for is a Comptech exhaust (http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/intake13.html). It is quite a bit louder than stock around town. Very deep and full (well, as deep and full as a 4-cylinder can be but doesn't sound anything like the Borla on my V8 Jeep). On the highway it mellows out a bit but is still audible. Above 4500 rpm, the engine becomes louder than the exhaust.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:31 PM

1) Amuse titanium
2) ARC titanium
3) Spoon N1
4) J's racing
5) Tanabe racing medallion
Old 07-14-2001, 05:10 AM

I am thinking about getting the HKS Hiper Exhaust. Does anyone know of a good reputable place to get it installed?
Old 07-14-2001, 05:23 AM

Originally posted by S2R

Amuse is the answer. You want loud? I heard Amuse was one of the louder exhausts. I'm not completely sure so I can be wrong, it has one of the higher power gains of the exhausts. I believe it's all on the high end though. Also, it's the lightest, cuz it's a single titanium canister. It looks really cool with bluish tip ends. Since you care more about sound than price, you won't mind the $2000 or so price tag either. For me if price was no object, and cops didn't mind loud exhausts, this would be the one for me.
S2R & BB AP1, I couldn't have said it better myself...Nothing like feeling & hearing the Amuse exhaust & the MG Racing CAI at full throttle. For those of you who only think an exhaust is just for looks, I should give all of you a ride in my car, especially when vtec hits, it hits harder now. Quick info...7.4 to 9 hp gain, over 42 pounds lighter then the stock exhaust.

Ace039, do a search for the Amuse exhaust & you'll see what other peeps who have been in my car, think about it.
Old 07-14-2001, 05:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaGuy
[B]

S2R & BB AP1, I couldn't have said it better myself...Nothing like feeling & hearing the Amuse exhaust & the MG Racing CAI at full throttle.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for S2K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!