S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Best price for Ohlins coilovers

Old 02-24-2020, 12:40 PM

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Best price for Ohlins coilovers

Hi guys,

I was originally going to go with BC racing coilovers with Swift springs for my AP1...but I think I'll just go with the Ohlins and be done with it.

What is the best price on these and site to purchase from?
Old 02-24-2020, 11:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by donkeykong
Hi guys,

I was originally going to go with BC racing coilovers with Swift springs for my AP1...but I think I'll just go with the Ohlins and be done with it.

What is the best price on these and site to purchase from?
I ordered mine from URGE Designs. Patrick is super helpful, who is willing to answer any of my questions.

Not sure if this is the best price, but I got quoted around $2,650 because I opted to buy 4 Swift 10k Springs on top of the whole kit. Would have been a bit below $2500 if I didn't want the Swift springs and just took the springs it came with instead. But that is like 2 years ago and my Ohlins DFV is the older version.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Standard MI21 kit should be 2,100 but can creep up to like 2500+ depending on options and upgrades. From what Ive seen the base kit price is the same pretty much everywhere(personally I bought mine direct from Ohlins)
Old 02-25-2020, 07:57 AM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

you're not going to find any real deals on Ohlins...Urge Design or Sakebomb....You might contact direct and see if they can offer you any off the listed price. Patrick offered 10% for the end of the year, probably not in effect now, but worth a shot.

I went with Patrick at Urge and he was quite helpful and upgraded to Swift springs. You can't go wrong with Ohlins....other brands are second tier...Look on the Urge site for reviews of the suspension...should be info there on what you'd like to achieve, be it street or track.

Last edited by ahobie17; 02-25-2020 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:32 AM

Received 1,302 Likes on 977 Posts

...but I think I'll just go with the Ohlins and be done with it.
Be done with what, though?

There are a ton of iterations for this kit. What you're trying to do is an important piece of info.

The Ohlins dampers are great...and obviously, that's what makes up a majority of the price.

The dampers are a given...but the configuration that you mate them to will make or break the setup.

I thought the off the shelf Ohlins were good. But they didn't meet my needs. Meeting my needs took a bit more expenditure (in MY case).

So...what are u trying to be done with?
Old 02-25-2020, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
Be done with what, though?

There are a ton of iterations for this kit. What you're trying to do is an important piece of info.

The Ohlins dampers are great...and obviously, that's what makes up a majority of the price.

The dampers are a given...but the configuration that you mate them to will make or break the setup.

I thought the off the shelf Ohlins were good. But they didn't meet my needs. Meeting my needs took a bit more expenditure (in MY case).

So...what are u trying to be done with?
Messing with second tier stuff that I may eventually switch to anyways. "Be done with it" as in do it right the first time.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Messing with second tier stuff that I may eventually switch to anyways. "Be done with it" as in do it right the first time.
What he's saying is that you can go with Ohlins from the get-go and still get it wrong the first time if they are not set up for your application. For instance, buying OTS Ohlins for the track and then removing them to send them out for re-valving and stiffer springs, etc.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:56 AM

Yes..but what are you doing? What are you trying to get out of this?

"I want to lower it 2" and maintain ride quality and go to the track", for example
Old 02-25-2020, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
Yes..but what are you doing? What are you trying to get out of this?

"I want to lower it 2" and maintain ride quality and go to the track", for example
Maybe lower 1/2"-1". Carve up a back road or carve up a track. I'm not looking to do anything wild or crazy, we don't have a ton of access to tracks here, so I'd have to travel. I just want something good for the street or track that's not going to bounce all over the place or be overly harsh.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:31 AM

Oh ok. An off the shelf Ohlins kit will work just fine then, eh.

I wouldn't bother with swift springs or custom lower cups or anything. The OTS kit will support a 0.5 to 1" drop with enough preload to keep it comfy.

SBG and Urge and THMotorsports are S2ki vendors that carry Ohlins. Give them a call and see what options they have for you.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Best price for Ohlins coilovers