S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Can i tint the rear window on my S2000?

Old 07-18-2002, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

My static cling tint has been on for a year with no problems. The trick is use LOTS of solution when you put it on. If I were you I would not use dishwashing liquid, use baby shampoo. The commercial tinting solution used by professionals is basically baby shampoo without the scent.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:04 AM

Originally posted by GeorgeP
Keep in mind that tinting is not legal in most states. Cops are starting to pay a lot more attention to it. My brother is a cop and he tickets every one he can with illegal tinting. He won't write a speeding ticket unless it is 25 over but he feels tinted windows put his life at risk. Check your state law. Most have a percentage of tinting that is allowed. Usually the cutoff is around 20 % tint. The problem is that the windows in most cars have a small 10% amount of tint from the factory. If you add a 20% tint aftermarket you are now at 30% and illegal. It also restricts your night vision.

Some form of window tinting is legal in most states.

Your brother sounds like the typical a$$hole cop then. Out on some personal crusade against window tinting because he doesnt like it. What goes around comes around.

Regardless the cops in my city have their cars (YES ALL CARS) tinted with 18% tint. Which I have on my car, since I go to the same tint place who does the police cars. Legal in Florida is 35% front and 20% back. I figure if the pigs can break the law so can I. I also have my front windsheild tinted and my rear window with static cling tint.

As for night vision. Usually the higher quality films will not restrict night vision too badly.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:58 AM

He does not like tinting because a good friend of his was killed walking up to a car with heavy tinting. He never saw the gun in the drivers lap. I would say that is a pretty good reason. Cops don't like cars where they can't see what is going on inside. If you worked as a cop you would feel exactly the same.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:24 AM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I am going to try this... I am so excited.

I think it will take me an hour, because I have to clean the window inside and out. Have not do this for a while..
Old 07-18-2002, 07:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GeorgeP
[B]He does not like tinting because a good friend of his was killed walking up to a car with heavy tinting. He never saw the gun in the drivers lap.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:10 AM

Calling cops "pigs"...what are ya,11?
Old 07-18-2002, 08:54 AM

does this tint only stick to plastic windows? do you guys put it on your front windows too?
Old 07-18-2002, 12:08 PM

In my area the cops are the biggest bunch of morons I've encountered. Deserving of any of the slang words I elect to describe them. The are a bunch of hippocrites who violate the law more than they enforce it.

What GeorgeP said about them selectively enforcing laws is one of the reasons I can't stand them.

Not to mention:
Sleeping on the Job
Corruption
General Incompetence
Poor public service (in regards to obtaining police reports, etc.)

Additionally, I really don't like the way they will follow someone around town waiting for them to violate a traffic law for no good reason other than they have a sports car. I could go on, but I'll stop. Its another fine example of my tax dollars being flushed down the toilet.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GeorgeP
[B]He does not like tinting because a good friend of his was killed walking up to a car with heavy tinting. He never saw the gun in the drivers lap.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:23 PM

.....or outlaw window tint.....which makes more sense Keith?...And given your thoughts on your local police just how would you react if you were stopped and the officers peformed the "felony stop"procedure on you as you've suggested?I've got a feeling you'd be right back on this board in the blink of an eye telling us all how the "pigs" are on your case again bla,bla,bla.You sound like a guy with alot of hate towards the police and at only 25 years old I hope your view of law enforcement changes with age and you don't end up being an 85 year old cop hater motoring around Florida in your Coupe De Ville.

Quick Reply: Can i tint the rear window on my S2000?