S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Can somebody get Driver's Info through License?

Old 11-12-2004, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Can somebody get Driver's Info through License?

Ok, we're on the 710 freeway in Los Angeles & we're crusing in my friend's S2K. This driver behind us keeps on tailgating us so we decide to piss him off by slowing down on the freeway.. so from 70mph to 40mph... he gets soo pissed off he drives by us and says, "i got your license plate numbers so watch yo back #$%#@"...

Now, problem is, our license plate is really simple.. "S2K****" The last 4 digits are something super easy to remember..

Now my question is, can somebody get his home address from seeing the license plate?

LIke aren't there sites that will tell you people's information???
Old 11-12-2004, 01:24 AM

Wouldn't be too worried about it bro...
Old 11-12-2004, 03:52 AM

If the person you pissed off has a friend that works for police or DMV, they could find out. Most likely though, they forgot about you 5 minutes later. Did you happen to get their plates as well incase something happens later?
Old 11-12-2004, 04:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WayneTeK,Nov 12 2004, 05:12 AM
LIke aren't there sites that will tell you people's information???
Yup. And if this person knows someone at the DMV, your information can be gotten that way too. There are always ways to find out stuff...

Your best bet, for next time, is probably just to pull over & let the a-hole pass you. Not worth getting into an accident....or worse.

**Edit - looks like XSharp beat me to the punch.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:03 AM

In California, I'm pretty sure you can just pay a few bucks at the DMV and find out.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:32 AM

Don't worry about IMO. The guy was a d**k, why didn't he just pass you to begin with?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:38 AM

even an insurance agent can get ahold of that information. about 2 years ago this guy hit my mom and took off. she got his license and my dad hit up our insurance agent (my dad is friends with them) and they got his address off of their computer
Old 11-12-2004, 06:34 AM

And, just think. In some states you can report someone for "dangerous/reckless driving" by calling in their plates.

I'd watch your back from that aspect rather than personal retaliation by the driver coming to your house...

If some dumba$$ pulled that sh!t and was stupid enough to have an easily remembered license plate... you bet I'd be on the cell to report 'em.

In my mind, anonymity rules. So stock looking outside and all random numbers for plates. I want them to forget about me fast.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:10 AM

s2k2000?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by DiamondDave2005,Nov 12 2004, 06:03 AM
In California, I'm pretty sure you can just pay a few bucks at the DMV and find out.
It used to be that way, but not any more apparently. I recently inquired at DMV about this very thing. Dude told me that to get owner info from DMV off of someone's licence plate, you need to submit the request in writing to the main headquarters in Sacramento. Then some committee or something reviews the request and decides whether or not to grant the information. He also said it was difficult to get these requests approved and it usually has to do with employment or something of that nature.

That's what he told me anyway. Call up DMV and verify this info.

Cheers,
-Mirror

Quick Reply: Can somebody get Driver's Info through License?