S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Can you guys PLEASE stop totaling / crashing your S2000s please ?

Old 02-16-2003, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by tapout2000
No need to scold him. He's a big boy. I don't think you need to take it upon yourself to let him know he made a mistake. I'm sure he realized it after he did it.

Why do all the older members love to act like they are the fathers of the younger guys? Don't you know we're not listening. Sorry. Not to offend any older guys.
he's just worried- like he said i was lucky and i learned something.
i just wish he didn't told me that negatively- he doesn't know why i was speeding after all.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
Did this statement not just turn on some lightbulbs for ANYBODY, regardless of age?
Old 02-16-2003, 08:33 AM

alright. just speakin out. not trying to be a whiny little kid. I was just saying there's no need for it.... it doesn't make any of the younger guys think more.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by tapout2000
alright. just speakin out. not trying to be a whiny little kid. I was just saying there's no need for it.... it doesn't make any of the younger guys think more.
Not true!

A year or so ago a guy over did it on an onramp and a bunch of people "railed" on him, telling him "you should know better"... (He lucked out and didn't wreck even!) That's useless and mean. Only causing others with similar experiences to not post.

On the other hand, he actually thanked me for sharing my knowledge and insight that would permit him to prevent such things from happening in the future.

It's the manner info is shared, not the act of sharing. Also, it has NOTHING to do with age. It has to do with experience... There are a few older folks who've driven front-wheel or milder cars most of their lives who appreciate knowledge too.

The difference is the older owner is likely to spend $15 for an autocross to learn these things while the younger folks are more likely to spin it off the road.

Unfortunately, I plan to own my S forever--so it's value doesn't interest me as much. However, insurance rates DO hurt continuously.

So my request is for folks to learn before they over-do it. If you drive at 9/10ths, and circumstances make conditions 2/10ths worse, you are doomed if you haven't learned in a parking lot or autocross.

Not only that, but you could save your life, you could save your passengers life, and the lives of innocents out in public.

Randy
Old 02-16-2003, 10:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ricklobo
[B]Just got word that my insurance is going up on my MY01.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by seung

he's just worried- like he said i was lucky and i learned something.
i just wish he didn't told me that negatively- he doesn't know why i was speeding after all.
I'm sorry for sounding so negatively to you. However, you now just added another negative factor to your situation speeding .

Yo you youngens that don't like to listen to us old folk, go ahead and learn the hard way. Just like when your parent tells you not to touch the fire, some of you just have to get burnt. I .
Old 02-16-2003, 01:08 PM

It's more funny how you think owners are somehow doing this on purpose just to screw you. Get an M3 and stop bitching. Accidents are bound to happen with a car that has no "bail your ass out" traction control. You're welcome, by the way. Yes, I totalled my car just to expedite your loss of money.
Just very sad that you didn't get my point... And if you think the S2000 *needs* traction control to make you a better driver, turn your keys in... and quick... Then give me your address where I can make a contribution for your bus pass... A driver with your type of philosophy should let someone else behind the wheel that can take responsibility and ownership for their actions... not deflect them...
Old 02-16-2003, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're going to say that accidents are caused because the car doesn't have traction control, or other safety features along those lines, then you need to think about this:

What about back in the day of 60's and 70's muscle cars. Automobile safety was never anything close to what its like now. Yet, I'm sure that if you were to look at the number of accidents per 1,000 cars for example, and compare that to cars of today, it wouldn't be any higher.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:49 PM

Stupidity is just as easily rampant as it is apparent. No where did I say that I felt the need for traction control. I simply stated that a RWD car that has very high revving characteristics and peak power and torque that only comes about by revving it all the way up is bound to have a % of accidents than a similar car with traction control. This is something that will not change.

Please pull your heads out of your asses and reread what I wrote. Your misplaced assumptions about my driving ability and that of other's that have gotten in an accident are about as snobby as those given to owners who complain about the cost of maintenence or insurance.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have traction control on my S2000. The hardware for it is my right foot. The software that runs this is in my head.
I think that TC is on every car on the streets. The problem is that in the vast majority of the cases, the software has a virus.

Quick Reply: Can you guys PLEASE stop totaling / crashing your S2000s please ?