S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Can your S2k handle $3.00+ per gallon 4 gas?

Old 03-20-2005, 02:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

OK, I got proof of my mileage. I absolutely hate it when somebody calls me a liar, especially when it comes from a loathesome individual the likes of Stephen Cole. (Although I'm sure he'll just say I "doctored" up stuff. I don't care, you guys decide.)

On May 21, 2001, I made a trip in my fairly new S2000 to Vancouver, B.C. I always check my mileage on the first leg of the trip, so I reset the trip odometer. If you go to MapQuest and input the distance from Calgary, AB to Sicamous, BC, it will tell you that the distance is 299.09 miles. In fact, I recall that on that particular trip, from my house to the Sicamous Esso station, my odometer indicated exactly 500 KMs. My fuel receipt, which I have posted below indicated that I fueled up with 35.1L.
OK, Stevieboy, stay with me here. I'll even do the conversion for you in case you're having a bad day.
500 KMs = 310.7 miles
35.1 Liters = 7.722 Imperial gallons
310.7 miles / 7.722 Imperial gallons = 40.235 MILES PER IMPERIAL GALLON
Oops, I'm sorry, I lied about getting 40 mpg.
Since I have put on the supercharger and the 4.44s, I can't get that anymore, but the last time I did that same trip, I got approx. 35.9 miles/imp gal. Want me to dig that one up, too, Stevieboy?

Stevieboy, I hope this didn't hurt your little brain too much. Go ahead! Calculate it up your ass.

Oh, BTW Steve, OFF CLOWN!

PS. And just how is that INCREDIBLE SHRINKING DICK of yours anyway?
Old 03-20-2005, 02:36 PM
ayS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hondamanwill,Mar 20 2005, 04:16 PM
$21.19 for WATER - and the buyers don't even know the source. (Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)
hehe...
Old 03-20-2005, 03:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stevieboy, I hope this didn't hurt your little brain too much. Go ahead! Calculate it up your ass.
This is proof that you purchased ~9 gallons of gas.

Fantastic, you "proved" nothing -- other than you can't stand it when others point out your mistakes and you are willing to go through a hell of a lot of effort to save some manner of "face" when in reality, no one really cares, least of all me.

Again, the outlandishly high numbers are mistakes. You are not inputting the correct miles (as would likely be the case here) or the correct fuel volume.

There is a guy around in Texas who has kept a running spreadsheet of all fuel fillups and corresponding miles. His data I believe, but it seems rather exceptional given my recent adherence to his practice.

Keep up the name calling, it's doing wonders for the thread -- proud to see another moderator lowering the maturity level by breaking the rules.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Mar 20 2005, 05:27 PM
This is proof that you purchased ~9 gallons of gas.

Fantastic, you "proved" nothing -- other than you can't stand it when others point out your mistakes and you are willing to go through a hell of a lot of effort to save some manner of "face" when in reality, no one really cares, least of all me.

Again, the outlandishly high numbers are mistakes. You are not inputting the correct miles (as would likely be the case here) or the correct fuel volume.

There is a guy around in Texas who has kept a running spreadsheet of all fuel fillups and corresponding miles. His data I believe, but it seems rather exceptional given my recent adherence to his practice.

Keep up the name calling, it's doing wonders for the thread -- proud to see another moderator lowering the maturity level by breaking the rules.
Sorry pal, I purchased 7.772 Imperial gallons of gas, moron. We'll let all those on this forum decide "who" made what mistake.

Whatever you say, bigboy. As for name calling, you can't hide behind forum rules anymore. You can no longer be a big anymore (well, I guess you can) when someone calls you names since you have a history of it. Personal attacks? Awwwww, too bad. You've done that, too. Too bad history doesn't lie, huh, bigboy? Anything that comes your way from now on is simply "REACTION" to your previous "ACTION". You have orchestrated your own attacks. GAWD, I love it when a plan comes together.
By the link I've put up and the many, many more to come, it's open season on Steve c. I hope you like being a Shetland Pony. I think more and more people are going to ride you like one. Doing wonders for the thread? Your very presence on ANY thread turns it into garbage. READ THE LINKS, PEOPLE!

Chronologically, you have damned yourself LONG before anyone here called you a name or attacked you personally. I guess you reap what you have sown, huh bigboy? Poor, poor Stevie Cole. You can dish it out but don't know what to do when it comes back to you.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:47 PM

Sorry pal, I purchased 7.772 Imperial gallons of gas, moron.
35.1 liters = 9.272439 US gallons

We'll let all those on this forum decide "who" made what mistake.
Maybe the moderator who broke the forum rules and started personal attacks? You think?

since you have a history of it.
Nope.

Personal attacks? Awwwww, too bad. You've done that, too.
Nope. Not without merit or provocation anyway.

I guess you reap what you have sown,
Step back for a moment, put your ego aside and do the right thing. You are only lowering the maturity level with each post.

On the other hand, I am somewhat proud that I have managed to get you so worked up over something so insignifigant. You made a mistake in your calculations, big deal, own up to your mistakes, I do.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:19 PM

Whatever you say, Stevieboy. It's all here for everyone to see. The links and the facts speak for themselves. You can be as delusional as you wish. People here know better. Does your shrink know you're loose on the internet like this?

ps. I was NEVER talking about US gallons. Go back and take a look. Or is this too tough for ya?
Old 03-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hondamanwill,Mar 20 2005, 11:16 AM
Compared with Gasoline

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple

16 oz $1.29 ...... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea

16 oz $1.19 ...........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade

20 oz $1.59 .... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray

16 oz $1.25 ......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid

12 oz $3.15 .......... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil

6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol

4 oz $3.85 .... $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout

7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope

1.5 oz $0.99 $84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water

9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?!

$21.19 for WATER - and the buyers don't even know the source. (Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)
Read a similar comparison in the newspaper

Chanel No 5 $75 for 1.7oz ---> $5600 per gallon (128 oz per gallon)

So for a 10 gallon fillup you'd pay $56k.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:49 PM

It's all here for everyone to see.
Yes, it is.

XVIPER wrote:

Moderators have their hands tied in how they can handle these sorts. They have to maintain a certain level of "decorum" and diplomacy in dealing with them. I don't. They can't act in all cases when they would like to because the "user" is constantly skating on the edge. When I see someone who is purposely antagonistic and unpleasant, I may ignore them or I may not depending on how much of a is in me at that moment. I may or may not "bait" them to see what they are really made of. Watching how they take the bait and what they do with it will tell volumes about their true nature. I almost always let them throw the first stone. Then, I do what moderators cannot do because they don't always see it right away. I throw more stones back, bigger stones. Why?

First, it's good for "business". Controversy always brings lots of views and attention. It increases traffic. If that's at the antagonist's (and mine) expense, I'm good with it.
In some circumstances, this brings to light for all to see (moderators included) what we're dealing with. Sometimes as a result, they get themselves banned by how they react (works for me). Sometimes they go away on their own, having realized that everyone here know of their true character and no longer give them the attention they seek. And sometimes, they find a CLUE and come back far more civilized than before I "rode" them and become valuable contributing members here.

Why did I post this?
Because you want attention.

Seriously, act your age. You were wrong, you were corrected (and have been in the past). That sucks I guess if you have a big ego. Move on and stop being a prat and lowering the maturity level of this post. It is clear that you have an agenda (as per your earlier declaration) -- why not do us all a favor and send your subsequent insults and school-boy musings via PM so that we all don't have to read them.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:40 PM

Whatever you say, Stevieboy. If you're happy in this delusion, you go girl! I believe everything you say. Most others may not, but "I" believe you.
PM? I don't think so. I want everyone to see this and judge for themselves.
You're not getting off on this one.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Mar 20 2005, 07:47 PM
Maybe the moderator who broke the forum rules and started personal attacks? You think?

Nope. Not without merit or provocation anyway.
Seems to me, the one who started in on it with attacks was... well. You. Unless of course you telling him he's full of bullshit and saying you hope it was a joke because you can't fathom anyone actually being serious about such a statement, and then talking about penis size NOT an attack.....

Posted by xviper @ Mar 19 2005, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE]Maybe you should compare highway mileage with highway mileage.

Quick Reply: Can your S2k handle $3.00+ per gallon 4 gas?