S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Canadian Users..help!!

Old 08-07-2001, 02:34 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll make a few calls right now for you.
Old 08-07-2001, 02:44 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

WOW,

I can't believe all the help and support that everyone has given me. Bottom line is, I'm getting there, but no light as of yet. I have to say for all interested, that the service at Richmond Honda was TERRIBLE. I spent, in all about an hour on hold, over the course of 4 long distance calls made today. On the fifth attempt, I left a message, to be contacted by a sales rep. Still waiting!
My dealer here in Calgary tells me that the 2 yellow Stooks at Richmond are kitted out with $4500 of "extras" that I am not willing to pay for. Who wants 18" TSW wheels anyway?
We've been able to find two in Quebec; one has a hold on it, and the other no one seems to know since the sales manager is away sick! GEEZUZ. I guess I'm left waiting till tommorrow. Question for you all; would any of you take the dealer demo with 8000km on it for the same price? Funny how im not getting a discount?
Lemme know, and thanks again guys
Asif
Old 08-07-2001, 02:46 PM
Former Moderator

I called 7 dealerships, Nobody has one. 3 dealerships however said to try Montreal.

Good luck!!

Mike
Old 08-07-2001, 03:11 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

[Quote}Question for you all; would any of you take the dealer demo with 8000km on it for the same price? Funny how im not getting a discount?
Lemme know, and thanks again guys
Asif [/B][/QUOTE]

NOPPERS!!! I would offer a lot less for 8000KM
Old 08-07-2001, 03:16 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The dealer's rationale on the demo with 8000km is that it will cost him $1000 to transfer the vehicle from Ontario to Calgary. Doesn't seem like my problem; I'm already paying $850 for Freight/PDI
Any thoughts? comments?
Asif
Old 08-07-2001, 03:37 PM

I wouldn't buy a demo S2000.

Related question: Do Canadian dealers receive S2000's that have not been specifically ordered by customers? For example, everyone I talked to in Toronto said I would have to order the car, put down a deposit and then wait 4 freaking months for it to be built and arrive from Japan. If that isn't a PITA I don't know what one is. Is this true?
Old 08-07-2001, 04:07 PM
Former Moderator

First off, NOOOO don't buy it, unless they give you a big discount.

Rob, I gotta tell ya I really don't know, But I'm kinda thinking it might be true. Once in a while I see one at a dealership and it's always because a buyer backed out, or it's used. I think in the begining they brought some in just for stock. but now? I just don't know.
Old 08-07-2001, 04:42 PM

Don't get the demo unless they discount it. They will write off the mileage as a business discount regardless of what you pay.

I have to agree about the S2K being available by order or if someone backs out or used. Just what seemed to be the way I ended up with mine, I did not see many for sale at MSRP that weren't pre-orders.
Old 08-07-2001, 04:49 PM

8000 kms on a 'new' 2002 car? Where the heck has it been to? DO NOT buy the demo - Do you think it was properly broken in? NO CHANCE - Do you think it has been driven properly by educated (in the driving sence) drivers? NO CHANCE. Do you think every salesman / manager in the dealership has taken it home for the weekend and drivin the sh*t out of it? H#LL YES. I wouldn't buy a demo car with 8000 km on it for anything less than $8000. off the price. $1.00 per Km.
My brother bought his 10th Anniv Miata (he's the slow one in our family - hehe) from the regional rep. and he got just that $1.00 / km. - He saved $5950.
Good luck
I will go past 2 other dealers on my way home to see if they have one.
Old 08-07-2001, 04:53 PM

No way do not buy that car unless they are willing to give it to you for a massive discount.

I was able to get my Spa Yellow for just under 48k with 19kms on it.

Yes you read that right, that was with no dealer added crap and the hardtop of course. They basically made the dealer holdback on it and a point. It took two weeks to pull of and a lot of walking away but its very doable.

Things you need to consider, and so do they...

The model year is darn near up, if they don't do what you want you can always wait a few more weeks for a 2002 and go to another dealer who's willing to work with you.

The car costs them about $43k, the hard top is just over 2400. So they make money on the car in any event. So stick it to them.

If you want I'll call them and put the boots to them

DM

Quick Reply: Canadian Users..help!!