S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

which clutch combination?

Old 04-23-2004, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which clutch combination?

Clutch buzz is getting to be too much annoyance, so gonna have my clutch out soon. Can anyone suggest some popular combinations for aftermarket clutch parts (clutch, flywheel, etc..)? Just want to get a sense before I do a more thorough search and background research on the various parts. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:19 PM

Take a look at this thread, some good info

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=121851

Also, I would post this in Under The Hood or have it moved there, you'll get better responses.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:56 PM

i'm also looking to upgrade my clutch and was wondering what's the difference between toda and comptech flywheel? i did some research but couldn't find useful info...
ACT's clutch kit seems like a popular choice and cheaper than exedy. how about spoon's?? any info is much appreciated
Old 04-25-2004, 06:29 AM

I have an Exedy, and I love it now that I have gotten used to it. It is a bit aggrivating in town at times, but really shines on the open road, as shifts can be made lightninng quick. I have about 3k miles on it now with no problems at all. The pedal is also a bit harder, and it is a very noisy clutch, although I knew this before I got it so it doesn't bother me.