S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

(continued) Ex-NSX owner BUYS an '03 S2000

Old 12-17-2003, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (continued) Ex-NSX owner BUYS an '03 S2000

Well, yesterday I posted about me thinking about buying an S2000 (Yesterday's Post and a few of you gave me some feedback. Thank you very much.

Well, I took all of your advice and I went out to test drive the S2000 at lunch. I pulled up and talked to the owner a bit, and he gave me the keys and said have fun. I gave him my keys as insurance. I drove around with the top up, radio off, and I cruised around PCH for a little bit, engine was a little "buzzy" but to be expected for a 4 banger but it was much more quiet than I expected. I wanted to see what everyone meant by no torque, so I drove around the city for a bit. Well I understand now. Its not the quickest car off of the line if you drive it like a regular car, in fact it felt just like an Accord to be honest, but I wouldnt go so far as saying it was slow.

Continued on my drive and found some S-turns. Now I decided was the time to not drive it like a regular car. I took the turns a little bit agressively, and the back drifted a bit out to the side with just a touch of the gas. VERY NICE! Then off on to the Freeway on ramp. It was a long circle and I pounced on it. The tail gently came drifting ever so slightly and was so easily modulated with the gas pedal. Also very nice. at about 80, was surprised to see the tach sitting so high (4000+rpm) considering it was a 6 speed. Jumped on the gas and she started to move along ever so slightly, dropped her in 4th and her attitude changed quite a bit. I then pulled over and dropped the top. (Ok.. took me 5 mins to figure out you have to have the parking brake on to make the thing go down!) I was really surprised when I got back on the freeway as to how quiet and calm the cabin was at 80 with the top down and windows up. Very impressive.

So on my way back, I had a lot to think about. Here was a nearly perfect example of an S2000. Ok, it had your standard beach town sand on the carpet, but thats pretty much expected when you live down here, but otherwise, it was a perfect. The car was far better than I had expected on the freeway and was a blast to drive when driven agressively. Milling around town, it wasnt as quick as I would have thought it would be and I didnt want to drive around the local neighborhoods at 8000+ rpm, but it was still a lot of fun. But then I thought about the price and I came to the conclusion that it was too good a deal to pass up, so I drove her back to the owners place and wrote the check.

In the end, I dropped of the deposit and we made an appointment for me to pick her up on Saturday. I paid $25,500 for it and the S2000 car cover. The car is a Black on Black 2003 with 4500 miles. Im assuming there arent any options available on this car right? This was really, really impulsive considering I just happend to by chance go into a Honda Dealership on Sunday night (looking at the Element no less!) did I make the right decision?

What do you think?
Old 12-17-2003, 01:50 PM

You got a really good deal on that car. I paid $24,000 for my 2000 S2000 with 15k miles on it back in October. I feel like a fool now seeing that you got an 03 with 4500miles for $1,500 more than I paid.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:52 PM

Very nice you won't regret it.

Welcome aboard.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:56 PM

Sweet deal you got there. I want an NSX, but would never spend 90K on a new one. A used one may be in my future. Enjoy the S!
Old 12-17-2003, 01:58 PM

Received 1,323 Likes on 801 Posts

KEWL...
Old 12-17-2003, 02:04 PM

Sounds like a good deal! Does it have the front or rear spoiler? Those definitely make the car look better!

I bought mine on impulse as well - but it ends up justifying itself.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:30 PM

It doesnt have either spoilers. I was bummed about that. I plan on adding the front bumper things that blureds2k has on his. I really think those are the cleanest looking but they look a bit low, I just wonder if they get really beat up from regular driving. Any idea where I can get spoilers for a good price?
Old 12-17-2003, 02:37 PM

congrats.....welcome.
-Lee
Old 12-17-2003, 03:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ERicincal
It doesnt have either spoilers.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:29 PM

Congratulations!

Good write-up and I think you got a great deal. Have fun.

Quick Reply: (continued) Ex-NSX owner BUYS an '03 S2000