S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

COULD U ANSWER A FEW ?'S...please

Old 01-11-2003, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COULD U ANSWER A FEW ?'S...please

i have been a member of this community for a long time (although i dont post at all)...i have learned almost all i need to know by not posting and reading the archives...i just have some simple questions that i have not really found in the archives...

(if you dont want to read the rest of this long ass post just skip down to the questions at the bottom)

my plan was to by an s2g in the dead of winter (hoping to get one for a good price)...but i got a spring internship in d.c. that i couldnt turn down and i had to take it (for senator dashcle)...and i figure well i cant drive to d.c. and i am not going to pay on a car to just sit at home in my driveway...

i have seen many a s2000 drivers opting for the turbo application...my plan was/is to go totally n/a.. i know that wont yeild the most hp but i figure a 12k or 13k redline is worth a lot more in cool points on the road than high hp numbers (personal opinion)...plus i track race...and i think that n/a is probably the better route....

i have a friend with an s2g (and the reason i want to get one) who has a moderately modded car which revs to 11.5 rpm and i have seen him whoop many a car with way, way, more horsepower than him on the road course...but i think that also comes down to driver skills...no one around here will race him on the backroads of the local lake...he pretty much owns those curves...

and know my ?'s

y dont more s2g drivers go all n/a?
is it just more financially practical to go the turbo route?
is it more difficult to tune a n/a motor vs. a turbo motor?
i saw a n/a integra in a magazine with 242 whp do mid 12s in the 1/4, makes me wonder why cant an s2g with comparable hp do the same numbers?
is it even possible to tune a s2g to rev to 12k or 13k?
if so, are the products available to support an enthusiast who wants to go all n/a and achieve a 12k redline?

i know this was kinda long but i am just curious...thanks in advance for any input you may have...
Old 01-11-2003, 12:13 PM

(1) Engine is very tuned...there's not a whole lot more you could squeeze out of a 2.0

(2) Yes. Do a simple HP gain per $ comparison w/each part like CAI's, Exhausts, headers, etc. and you'll see that SC's are the best value...

That's all I know. I don't wanna pretend like I know something I don't because it'll just be worthless information. These two are just the answers I've gotten when I asked your question a while back
Old 01-11-2003, 12:50 PM

is it just more financially practical to go the turbo route?
Turbo's are gonna cost you a lot for the kit and installation, not to mention maintence. If you want insurance to cover it, that will cost you another leg.

is it more difficult to tune a n/a motor vs. a turbo motor?
Yes, a new exhaust on a n/a motor won't gain you much as it would on a turbo'd car. Same goes for other mods for the two cars.

i saw a n/a integra in a magazine with 242 whp do mid 12s in the 1/4, makes me wonder why cant an s2g with comparable hp do the same numbers?
I don't know if an integra can do mid 12's with just 242whp, unless that integra was really stripped of everything but the barebones. There have been a few members here with turbo'd S2000's (i think NOS too) running 12's.

is it even possible to tune a s2g to rev to 12k or 13k?
Probably not to that extreme. If you can, you would have to do some serious engine reinforcement modications, but even then, it won't last. Why do you want it to rev so high? I'd strip the car and make it much lighter if you want some cheap gains.

if so, are the products available to support an enthusiast who wants to go all n/a and achieve a 12k redline?
Products will always be available to you, but I doubt you can bring your car to 12k revs, without spending a bunch.

What is it that you really want to achieve? Do you just flat out want a fast car? Or do you want to set new records for the S2000? What you have in mind is gonna cost you a ton.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What is an s2g?
Old 01-11-2003, 05:04 PM

I think the 'G' means grand....S- 2 grand

I think sqeezing out more HP the N/A route would would be spendy if you calculate HP gains to $$$. More air + more fuel = more power. FI is a cheaper way to gain power IMHO
Old 01-11-2003, 05:31 PM

i have heard that the f20c is capable of about 13k RPMs. It was tuned down to 9k for reliability's sake. although FI would be more economical, I think 13k RPM would be very novel.
Old 01-11-2003, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What will you be doing for Senator Tom Daschle from neighboring South Dakota? We Democrats need all the help we can get this year. I sure hope the U.S. Consitition outlasts my S2000's extended warranty which lasts another 4 1/2 years.
Old 01-11-2003, 05:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I sure hope the U.S. Consitition outlasts my S2000's extended warranty which lasts another 4 1/2 years.
If we keep letting things like the Patriot Act slip by we could sadly be faced with this sooner than we think.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barry WY Silver/Black '01
Democrats need all the help we can get this year.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:35 PM

I think President is the problem... But, this is car enthusiast's site so lets focus on the cars!

Quick Reply: COULD U ANSWER A FEW ?'S...please