S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

CR for sale at Porsche Dealer, is this price serious????

Old 07-09-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

That’s a true most of the time but for the person who wants a car boosted then it does add value. Look at obsessed garage, you people Throw your opinions around like certainty.
www.grandmighty.com sold his LS-FD for like 70 grand .

Last edited by Nfinitecc; 07-09-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:58 PM
Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

The owner traded that yellow CR plus a NSX for a GT3 to the dealership from what we understand.

Market will speak to the price but the more it sells for the better for s2000 owners

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 07-16-2018, 11:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That link is for a regular S2000, not CR.
https://www.porschebeachwood.com/det...-17865888.html
Old 07-16-2018, 12:59 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Tech
That link is for a regular S2000, not CR.
https://www.porschebeachwood.com/det...-17865888.html
The prior link was to a CR. It sold the other day for $53k. FTR, the CR included all the stock parts as well. The one in your link was traded in for the CR. Trade value on the yellow one in your link was $23k btw, so them asking $30k shows their markup.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow if someone really traded that S2K plus anything close to $30K for that CR more power to them, to me that is absolutely insane. Everyone is different.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:07 PM

Just goes to show you how much money is out there for cars, I guess a modified example isn’t so undesirable after all ......
Old 07-16-2018, 08:28 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

The thing is, at some point you also have to subtract the cost of the mods from the profit made.

Here is the best apples to apples example that I could come up with involving the sale of a stock v.s. modified S2K: A couple of 2003 models were auctioned off on Bring a Trailer earlier this year. They appeared on the site the very same week and the respective auctions completed within one day of each other. Both cars were single owner cars and appeared to be in excellent condition. Both were finished in Suzuka Blue.

The first S2000 was stock with 20K miles.
The second S2000 was modified/boosted with 45K miles.

It would have been even more of an apples to apples comparison if both models would have been closer in mileage, but still I would consider either of these to be low mileage cars. Yet the modified car only sold for $18, 638 while the stock example sold for $24,750. Add the cost of the mods (over $10K) to the difference in final bid amounts and that makes for an even bigger spread in favor of the unmolested car. I'm not surprised that the original car sold for more than the modified car, but I was surprised by just how much more it brought in return. The modified car sold about for about what I would expect, but the stock car sold for more than I would have predicted.

Here's another example over on BaT that sold recently for very little compared to how much the guy put into it. He didn't even make enough money in the sale to cover the cost of the mods, essentially giving his S2000 away for free at the price it sold for.

My question would be this: Do modified cars set up for track use hold more value for guys focusing on buying one of these cars purely for track use, or is it more that unmodified cars do not hold as much value to that particular group? Or maybe some combination of the two?

Old 07-17-2018, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by GuthNW
The thing is, at some point you also have to subtract the cost of the mods from the profit made.

Here is the best apples to apples example that I could come up with involving the sale of a stock v.s. modified S2K: A couple of 2003 models were auctioned off on Bring a Trailer earlier this year. They appeared on the site the very same week and the respective auctions completed within one day of each other. Both cars were single owner cars and appeared to be in excellent condition. Both were finished in Suzuka Blue.

The first S2000 was stock with 20K miles.
The second S2000 was modified/boosted with 45K miles.

It would have been even more of an apples to apples comparison if both models would have been closer in mileage, but still I would consider either of these to be low mileage cars. Yet the modified car only sold for $18, 638 while the stock example sold for $24,750. Add the cost of the mods (over $10K) to the difference in final bid amounts and that makes for an even bigger spread in favor of the unmolested car. I'm not surprised that the original car sold for more than the modified car, but I was surprised by just how much more it brought in return. The modified car sold about for about what I would expect, but the stock car sold for more than I would have predicted.

Here's another example over on BaT that sold recently for very little compared to how much the guy put into it. He didn't even make enough money in the sale to cover the cost of the mods, essentially giving his S2000 away for free at the price it sold for.

My question would be this: Do modified cars set up for track use hold more value for guys focusing on buying one of these cars purely for track use, or is it more that unmodified cars do not hold as much value to that particular group? Or maybe some combination of the two?
seller refused to sell the car for $18k, looks like he backed out on the seller. I feel 18k was way too low. Just wait for the buyer looking for a s2k to boost, then it’s a no brained when he stumbles on this one for $20-$25.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:30 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroBoutique
The owner traded that yellow CR plus a NSX for a GT3 to the dealership from what we understand.

Market will speak to the price but the more it sells for the better for s2000 owners
Is that your dealership? If so it all makes sense......
Old 07-17-2018, 09:26 AM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

To an educated buyer there "molested" cars then there are tastefully modified cars.
There are buyers out there who want a "classic tuner" car like an NSX, S2000, Supra etc, but don't want to go through the hassle of modifying themselves and are looking for low mile, super clean examples - not your 150k mile college student driven beat to crap turbo's S2k with worn out body kits etc. Big difference between the two.

Quick Reply: CR for sale at Porsche Dealer, is this price serious????