S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

DO NOT BUY FROM TECH2MOTORSPORTS-READ

Old 04-20-2006, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO NOT BUY FROM TECH2MOTORSPORTS-READ

I bought a spearco radiator from tech2motorsports in mid-march. Upon receipt, I noticed the fin and the two end brackets were bent. So I called Andrew regarding the damage....he said I can either send it back or just keep it. I opt to send it back. UPS came the next day and picked it up. They received the item back on 4/4. I was told by Andrew that I will get my money back as soon as they receive the part. Well, that never happened. I had to call Andrew back numerous times for my refund and finally today 4/20 I get a call from a guy name Carlos. He said they can either ship me a new one or charge me 20% re-stocking fee as UPS will only pay them what it's worth wholesale. I paid $455 so I expect my full refund. The only reason why I don't want a replacement is...I didn't like their service, at the time they didn't have another one in stock, I already modified my J's bumper to fit stock comptech radiator...

I was a little upset because they were going to charge me 20% because UPS refuses to pay the full amount. I think this is just poor business ethic and we should ban this kind of vendor here in s2ki. In fact, the guy hung up on me because I was getting upset...

Those of you who know Andrew personally should tell him that this is not the way to do business. I was told that I would get my money back. But after dragging forever now they are refusing to give my full refund. Sorry for the long post but I need to tell everyone else so they can avoid doing business with this kind of vendor. I'm so pissed I don't know if I'm making sense with what I'm typing.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did Andrew tell you all the conditions of the return? Re-stocking fees are common but did he tell you all your options or just tell you that you would get a full refund.

Before going off on Tech2, why not contact Andrew the guy you delt with first. It's possible Carlos doesn't even know the situation as is just following company policy. From what I read.... Carlos is the one who hung up on you correct? not Andrew.

Speak with Andrew is my advice. Good luck and sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Tim
Old 04-20-2006, 10:27 AM

damn ryan, that sucks. if they don't give you your full refund then i'll make sure that nobody i know will ever buy anything from them. good luck.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:28 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is most disappointing and shameful.
I also bought the Spearco rad from them and luckily for me, the product arrived in good shape and I've had no problems with it since. However, I do want to comment that before I committed to buying from these guys, I wanted assurances that UPS would NOT be used. I was PROMISED that my wishes would be honored. To my dismay, the package came by UPS.
After paying the extra shipping costs (cross border) and the horrendous brokerage fee that UPS charges us, I swore I would never buy another thing from this company. I was misled and lied to.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:32 AM
VAD

Damn, Ryan! Sorry to hear of all your troubles lately. Seems to me like they should just give you a full refund. That's how I'd handle it with any of my customers. Customer satisfaction has to be the first priority. If they can't live up to that, f**k 'em! Hope you get it sorted out.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Side note:

My front mount came UPS also.... and came damaged on one of the brackets. When I called...they told me to bend it back.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:42 AM

I only dealt with Andrew to this point and never once he mentioned any re-stocking fee. He told me that I would get my refund back upon they receive the part.

I was a little leary of paying $30 shipping fee vs. $15 in group buy. And he simply told me that the box they use is bigger to avoid "common" damage during transit with UPS, so I had no prob paying him $30 for shipping which I thought was ridiculous. I shipped out an item much bigger than the radiator and paid only $18 to ship via UPS.

Anyhow, now Carlos is telling me that the part was installed on my car and I damaged the part according to UPS. I know Tech2 is fully aware that this is not the case as I mentioned that Andrew knew about this prob. Hence, they use a bigger box...

It all comes down to that Tech2 is not getting the full $455 back from UPS, so they want me to eat up 20%...now someone tell me why I'm liable for that 20%...

If Andrew clearly told me from the beginning that there's a 20% restocking fee even though the part is damaged...I would've told him to order me a new one. But no...he never once mention that and just assure me that I will get my refund back.

A week and a half ago, Andrew told me "yea, we issued you a credit back to your account...so be on the lookout..."

What a shame...so do not make my mistake and don't buy anything from them nor support them in any sense. It only takes one bad service....

Also, as a former member, Andrew should have taken a better step and be more responsible. I was patient enough for a month...
Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weaksauce!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by xviper,Apr 20 2006, 10:28 AM
This is most disappointing and shameful.
I also bought the Spearco rad from them and luckily for me, the product arrived in good shape and I've had no problems with it since. However, I do want to comment that before I committed to buying from these guys, I wanted assurances that UPS would NOT be used. I was PROMISED that my wishes would be honored. To my dismay, the package came by UPS.
After paying the extra shipping costs (cross border) and the horrendous brokerage fee that UPS charges us, I swore I would never buy another thing from this company. I was misled and lied to.
So I guess I should request FedEx?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 AM

That sucks, I'll make sure no one I know will buy from them either

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY FROM TECH2MOTORSPORTS-READ