S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you guys leave the top down after you've parked your car?
Yes, all the time, barring bad weather.
18.00%
Yes, but only if I'm going to be away for a few minutes.
28.00%
Yes, but only if I can keep an eye on it.
26.00%
No, I always put the top up when I get out of my car.
28.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Do you guys leave the top down after you've parked your car?

Old 02-14-2002, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys leave the top down after you've parked your car?

Just a quick poll to see how comfortable you are with leaving your top down, unattended.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:21 AM

not comfortable at all. it's just an invite for others to get a closer look. that said, i've done it twice in the 4 weeks i've owned the car (1 month anniversary today!), for 10 minutes each time, in Beverly Hills. don't even leave it down in my own driveway.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:25 AM

My biggest fear is that you never know when a bird could be flying over, and then.....
Old 02-14-2002, 10:36 AM

Unless I am going to be away for hours or know that it is an unsafe area I will leave the top down. I do put a cover over the car when the top is down.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:57 PM

You left out one category: Yes, All the time because I don't ever drive it in bad weather.

Since I never leave anything in my car worth stealing that isn't locked away and a determined thief could get through the cloth top easily anyway, I generally don't bother locking it. Of course, I never leave it anywhere that I'll be very far away from it.

It's been months since the top was up on my car.

[Yes, it spends most of its time in my garage under a car cover. I put the cover on outside if I think birds might leave deposits on any part of it, inside or out.]
Old 02-14-2002, 05:06 PM

Kind of depends upon where I am parking it. While most of the time I park in pretty safe areas, i am most comfortable leaving the top down if I am within viewing distance from the car, or if its a place I am very comfortable that there are plenty of other attention getting cars to draw attention from mine.

Top up parking is actually not any safer, but for some reason we all feel just a little better that it takes a knife to get in...weird logic huh?
Old 02-15-2002, 12:13 PM

I put my top up when it' sgoing to be left unattended for awhile. I know that it only takes a knife to cut through, but the purpose is that: when somebody sees somebody reaching into the car when the top is down, they're more likely to think that it's just the owner of the car. If they see somebody with a knife cutting into the car however, the police would be called. Get what I'm saying??
Old 02-15-2002, 12:15 PM

I have to keep my eyes on my car when park top down, there are a $120 Nokia hand free kit in the car.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:20 PM

I was just at the beach for lunch and had the top dwon the whole time I was there. The car was out of my sight, but since I have an alarm with a proximity sensor, I don' worry about it too much. On hot days, I usually put on the cockpit cover.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:27 PM

your guys' logic makes no sense, so what if it only takes a knife?

on non-convertible cars, all it takes is anything that can break a window, since the windows are easily broken by a determined thief, we should all leave our windows down?

Quick Reply: Do you guys leave the top down after you've parked your car?